O-A Retirement Extension Insurance

7 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I think the 200K deductible is both for in-patient and out-patient coverage.  I could look it up on the LMG Insurance application form, but frankly it isn't worth the effort because - to put it bluntly - that LMG policy is NOT meant for meeting your health-care needs.

If you make a claim it will be only honored for the amount above +200K and will be capped at 400K.  And there are many exclusions and restricting conditions.

But all that doesn't matter, because that cheap LMG policy should only be used to meet the $%^&* thai IO-approved health-insurance requirement for your Non Imm O-A retirement extension and is absolutely insufficient (worthless being a better term) to meet your health-care needs.

The money you save by subscribing to that cheap policy (instead of the other Non Imm O-A compliant policies on the market), can then be used to subcribe to REAL insurance - be it foreign, international or thai - that will cover your actual needs in case of catastrophic illness/accident.

Note: In case you do want to combine both (a policy that does meet the Non Imm O-A retirement extension requirement as well as provides some decent coverage), you could consider the Pacific Cross standard policy.  Obviously the annual premium of that policy will be 4 to 10/15 times more expensive (and will require a medical to subscribe to it).

This is one more area where our individual embassies should work together to challenge the authorities with the view of having worldwide insurances accepted, instead of once again being fleeced by the Thai IO.

19 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Jumbo,

When you are not in Thailand at the moment, you could apply for the Non Imm O-A Visa at the Thai Embassy / Consulate in your home-country. 

As you are probably aware already, since October 2019 applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa also requires meeting the thai health-insurance requirement.  However besides the cheap LMG Insurance policy to cover that requirement, you could also make use of the Foreign Insurance Certificate when you already have insurance that will cover you while in Thailand and meets the (ridiculously low) 400K/40K in/out patient coverage requirement.

>> I have PM-ed you another guideline document outlining how to meet that health-insurance requirement when applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country.  Contrary to the popular narrative on the Forum, it is not difficult to meet that requirement (if you know how).

Could you resend the message as I have inadvertently deleted it.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:20 AM, UncleMhee said:

I'm sure @Peter Denis will be along with a full explanation for you. The company he has found to suit the situation best is LMG using a 200,000 baht deductible. They are on the linked site above, should you wish to do any research prior.

Correct. Peter will informed me and I verified that LMG will sell you fake insurance with no physical via internet within two weeks of application and payment. It is on the immigration office list and will be accepted by them. 

Just don't confuse it with legitimate insurance as you normally understand it. Never plan on making a claim; it's simply a legal bribe.