THAI ready to fly in tourists from 6 nations, even China

webfact

THAI ready to fly in tourists from 6 nations, even China

By The Nation

800_42e094e620d44cb.jpg?v=1598507587

Thai Airways International Plc is ready to arrange special direct charter flights from six countries to Phuket under the government’s plan to revive the subdued tourism sector, said acting president Chansin Treenuchagron.

The six countries are Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong.

The airline can make two flights per month on each of these routes, Chansin said.

THAI is expected to begin these special flights in late November. The airline will even increase the flights on these routes if it sees rising demand, he said.

It is also expected to make special charter flights from China to Phuket.

Chansin said THAI has given utmost importance to the security and health of passengers on all these routes.

Tourism businesses have asked the government to open up the country to some groups of foreigners to help boost the struggling sector, which is suffering from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday (August 26) that he was in talks with state agencies on how to open the country to foreign tourists once the Covid-19 situation improves.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30393604

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-27

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cali farong said:

Why would it make a difference what country you come fro if you test negative and you quarantine?? 

Because the whole thing is risk based. The tests are statistically unreliable. The 14 days quarantine period is not fool proof as Some people are documented to be asymptomatic for a month or longer. 

So another variable they use is how bad they think the traveler country is. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

It was said that tourists will have to come for no less than 30 days, 14 of which will spend in a quarantine and undergoing 2-3 corona tests and aren't allowed to venture outside the designated holiday spot there were assigned to, now who wouldn't want a holiday such is this? put me on the list please...

Pre-covid plenty of people from Europe had holidays like this. A couple I know flew from Manchester direct to Phuket in Feb19 on a flight that was full and had a 3 centre holiday, one week at all 3. We met them in Khao Lak and spent time with them outside their resort but if people are going to be confined to staying 14 days in a luxury resort I think they will manage just fine. Retirees will not find the time (30 days) to be a problem.

1 hour ago, leicesterguyuk said:

This is a strange announcement. I thought only authorised repatriation flights were currently allowed, from all over the world. And no commercial aircraft at all? 

Who is even going to be permitted to fly on these planes? Especially with a daily arrival limit of 500 people. I don't get the rationale, or am I missing something? 

You're sort of correct....... The Tweet quoted above

Emirates announces the resumption of passenger services to Thailand with daily flights to Bangkok starting from 1 September.

https://bit.ly/3b0zeBB

only tells part of the story - see https://www.emirates.com/au/english/help/travel-requirements/#81339

Scroll down to Thailand and see......

Last updated: 27, August 2020, 13:18 Dubai (GMT +4)

The ban on international flights to Thailand has been extended until 30 September 2020. Only the following passengers are allowed to enter Thailand.

Followed by the list of people we already know are allowed in. So it appears to me that Emirates is participating in the repatriation flights from 1st September.

A lot of Thais work in the Middle East by the way; they may be grateful for these flights.

Possibly people from Europe / UK (Non-Thai nationals)  who can qualify to enter Thailand may be able to fly via Dubai. But then it appears that even to transit through Dubai would require yet more hoops to be jumped through

https://www.emirates.com/au/english/help/flying-to-and-from-dubai/tourists-travelling-to-dubai/

All passengers arriving in Dubai from any destination, including passengers connecting in Dubai, .............

So IMO, this is Emirates opening up as best they can, but in reality it offers little to most TVF members

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

A bankrupt company flying empty planes. 

Never going to happen. The company is under administration and the administrators have legal responsibility to ensure operations are profitable.

I was supposed to fly from Krabi to BKK today but it suddenly got cancelled, probably due to lack of sales, had to stay over and take tomorrow's flight.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Never going to happen. The company is under administration and the administrators have legal responsibility to ensure operations are profitable.

I was supposed to fly from Krabi to BKK today but it suddenly got cancelled, probably due to lack of sales, had to stay over and take tomorrow's flight.

Happening all over the world. BA keep cancelling at short notice. 

52 minutes ago, champers said:

Pre-covid plenty of people from Europe had holidays like this. A couple I know flew from Manchester direct to Phuket in Feb19 on a flight that was full and had a 3 centre holiday, one week at all 3. We met them in Khao Lak and spent time with them outside their resort but if people are going to be confined to staying 14 days in a luxury resort I think they will manage just fine. Retirees will not find the time (30 days) to be a problem.

I agree and I have posted alike but it is quite different between choosing a way of life and being forced into it at the quadruple (more or less) cost of a normal stay, and you are talking about non tourists who would not find time a problem

• Like 1