THAI ready to fly in tourists from 6 nations, even China

webfact

5 minutes ago, alyx said:

I agree and I have posted alike but it is quite different between choosing a way of life and being forced into it at the quadruple (more or less) cost of a normal stay, and you are talking about non tourists who would not find time a problem

I was talking about tourists who are retirees in their home countries, not here. Sorry for not making that clear.

I do believe such people may well be prepared to pay a premium for staying in secure resorts with other guests who have, like them, been deemed safe to be in Thailand.

Pensioners have not had their incomes affected by Covid and they have been unable to spend their money on meals out, holidays, watching sport, gigs, concerts, films, etc, etc.

There are millions of pensioners from the baby boom era. They offer up a huge potential market to be tapped.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good distraction from your faux pas, but again you couldn't be more wrong, excellent day.

No, anyone who posts in the rude, condescending way you did is an old grump, guaranteed. 
Never mind tomorrow will hopefully  be better ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

You're sort of correct....... The Tweet quoted above

Emirates announces the resumption of passenger services to Thailand with daily flights to Bangkok starting from 1 September.

https://bit.ly/3b0zeBB

only tells part of the story - see https://www.emirates.com/au/english/help/travel-requirements/#81339

Scroll down to Thailand and see......

Last updated: 27, August 2020, 13:18 Dubai (GMT +4)

The ban on international flights to Thailand has been extended until 30 September 2020. Only the following passengers are allowed to enter Thailand.

Followed by the list of people we already know are allowed in. So it appears to me that Emirates is participating in the repatriation flights from 1st September.

A lot of Thais work in the Middle East by the way; they may be grateful for these flights.

Possibly people from Europe / UK (Non-Thai nationals)  who can qualify to enter Thailand may be able to fly via Dubai. But then it appears that even to transit through Dubai would require yet more hoops to be jumped through

https://www.emirates.com/au/english/help/flying-to-and-from-dubai/tourists-travelling-to-dubai/

All passengers arriving in Dubai from any destination, including passengers connecting in Dubai, .............

So IMO, this is Emirates opening up as best they can, but in reality it offers little to most TVF members

Maybe for Thais stuck in the Middle East. But a flight a day is a lot of people considering the current limit of 500 arrivals per day. This flight alone will be 300+ depending on how full the planes are. 

And the point of THAI repatriation flights was to maintain control of the whole process, this control will be somewhat lost when another airline starts flying. The THAI flights could only be booked through embassies, these Emirates flights are available on their website and all the usual agencies. 

Maybe Emirates are hoping lots of people are ignorant of the current rules and book, giving them some sort of cash boost. 

Edited by leicesterguyuk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sharp said:
Wet6RQxI_x96.jpg

Emirates announces the resumption of passenger services to Thailand with daily flights to Bangkok starting from 1 September. https://bit.ly/3b0zeBB #FlyEmiratesFlyBetter #Above_The_Clouds

That sounds good,..... Until you get to immigration and they won't let you enter, and return you to your mome County on the next flight. Because the borders won't be open on the 1 September.... 

9 hours ago, mybeat said:

Can anyone from EU board flights in Denmark/Germany?

Assume that as long as you say you come from Germany they are good with it after you did all yur sh.t with German Thai Embassy.... Matter is flights to Phuket or to Bangkok and than 12 H Limo to Phuket ?

Or you get a seat on the 2 ThaiAur Wonder Flights x month ?

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

It was said that tourists will have to come for no less than 30 days, 14 of which will spend in a quarantine and undergoing 2-3 corona tests and aren't allowed to venture outside the designated holiday spot there were assigned to, now who wouldn't want a holiday such is this? put me on the list please...

sorry list already sold out to Cina 

4 hours ago, Cali farong said:

Why would it make a difference what country you come fro if you test negative and you quarantine?? 

I better not reply to your extremely logic quest .... probably the domand is so high that they needed to make a selection !

Like Rolex on the Limited Edition ????

3 hours ago, leicesterguyuk said:

This is a strange announcement. I thought only authorised repatriation flights were currently allowed, from all over the world. And no commercial aircraft at all? 

Who is even going to be permitted to fly on these planes? Especially with a daily arrival limit of 500 people. I don't get the rationale, or am I missing something? 

you are missing politics ????????????

1 hour ago, alyx said:

I agree and I have posted alike but it is quite different between choosing a way of life and being forced into it at the quadruple (more or less) cost of a normal stay, and you are talking about non tourists who would not find time a problem

Wait and see , let them do their silky smooth job ????

Look at this from a logical perspective: For the vast majority of tourists such a "holiday" arrangement isn't attractive at all due to a multitude of factors.

1) Thailand has always been popular for being cheap/affordable. This solution is neither.

2) People go on holiday to relax and escape stress. This solution doesn't offer that - au contraire.

3) Most working folks and families especially from Asia don't have 3-4 weeks to burn to make this work.

4) Most countries have beach destinations of sorts available in their own country or continent (EU).

5) There are plenty of other destinations such as the Maldives and Seychelles that offer a real luxury vacation without the hoops Thailand has. At the same price or even lower.

Thailand really isn't really all that nice or attractive as a destination. It was fine as long as it was affordable but this is now off the charts.

The only audience I can see taking advantage of this scheme are some old geezers and punters who use the tourist entry (at any cost) to get a foot back into the country and then either modify their visa at Immigration to something else or simply overstay like in the past.

And as far as Emirates is concerned: EK requires every passenger to provide a Covid test before even getting a boarding pass. Not the best flight option if you ask me, no matter in which direction the plane goes. If I can fly other airlines without a Covid test then hell would freeze over before I'd take EK.

12 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

And as far as Emirates is concerned: EK requires every passenger to provide a Covid test before even getting a boarding pass. Not the best flight option if you ask me, no matter in which direction the plane goes. If I can fly other airlines without a Covid test then hell would freeze over before I'd take EK.

Not an Emirates fan? 

Emirates is always my number one choice for travelling anywhere east long haul. Although I do like Qatar too. 

And I'd sure prefer to be surrounded by people who have a negative test, who wouldn't... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Not an Emirates fan? 

Emirates is always my number one choice for travelling anywhere east long haul. Although I do like Qatar too. 

And I'd sure prefer to be surrounded by people who have a negative test, who wouldn't... 

Quite the contrary, I do like Emirates especially their new First Class on the 77W and the A380. Qatar is better in Business Class since they rarely have any First (A380 only).

What I'm not a fan of is having a stick shoved up my nose solely for the benefit of some stupid airline/government CYA policy. I'm not doing that if I have the choice of simply choosing another airline and avoiding this nonsense.

Edited by FlyingThai
Typo
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2020 at 10:00 PM, Sujo said:

arrived via kl? It must have only been a quick stop via transit as no one can fly in or out of kl.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, PatrickC said:

Yes. Not worth wasting effort trying to get on other flights. Just catch the repatriation flight.

Not sure about that one 

3 hours ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Maybe for Thais stuck in the Middle East. But a flight a day is a lot of people considering the current limit of 500 arrivals per day. This flight alone will be 300+ depending on how full the planes are. 

And the point of THAI repatriation flights was to maintain control of the whole process, this control will be somewhat lost when another airline starts flying. The THAI flights could only be booked through embassies, these Emirates flights are available on their website and all the usual agencies. 

Maybe Emirates are hoping lots of people are ignorant of the current rules and book, giving them some sort of cash boost. 

There may be quite a few people flying out if the Thais don't extend the visa amnesty past September 26th.

9 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Anybody guess at total cost for flight and "incarceration"?

Can't see it being less than £3000 per person, which is not going to attract anybody. Would consider this for January if no other option, but I won't be paying £2-3K for the privilege, nor would I consider a return flight from London to Phuket with a bankrupt airline a benefit in any way

And it isn't just the cost. What if they decide the whole thing isn't working and lock down again? It currently all sounds like too much risk, effort and expense. Thailand isn't going anywhere, after all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Book me in for  4 weeks in any prison, that way I get the same wonderful atmosphere and save a bucketful of money

Plus  you wont  have to pay for bar girls...bar  boys and rear entry I suspect ????

15 hours ago, Sharp said:
Wet6RQxI_x96.jpg

Emirates announces the resumption of passenger services to Thailand with daily flights to Bangkok starting from 1 September. https://bit.ly/3b0zeBB #FlyEmiratesFlyBetter #Above_The_Clouds

Rush out and book a ticket...businesses love interest free loans.

15 hours ago, stouricks said:

So I guess it means a total of 12 flights per month.

I heard a great quote this morning on the TV saying election is coming up in America Donald Trump as a leader of people but an absolute pathetic and a letdown of running the country and when you stand back and think about it 100% righr

Thailand is a great leader of people he’s proven that when he was a general with his background but he does not know how to run a country or can’t delegate 

he has some great people behind him in his cabinet but they’re all Hamstrung by him they don’t have their own say

today is a typical day for him he had the chance to fill up these planes whereupon he’s not gonna have a hope in hell six countries complete madness they’re all gonna get tested what is the difference he should’ve chosen at least 100 countries and let them cue up at the door for the next how many planes But  snobbeed Australia snob New Zealand Japan many of other big countries
He’s a leader of people not a brain

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Rush out and book a ticket...businesses love interest free loans.

Another beauty emirates are flying carloads of people and once again unless you’ve got the COE letter stay on the plane

The mighty THAI brains trust again I’m a leader but I can’t run a country

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Or even UK

I’ll meet you all over in Cambodia just over the river that’s the new Thailand that’s really the only ThailandI’ll meet you all over in Cambodia just over the river that’s the new Thailand that’s really the only Thailand

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1