Airport high-speed rail project hits budget snag

rooster59

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That smells to high heaven of corruption. Yet they can budget money for a sub and military hardware but nothing for infrastructure to assist on the tourism they are whining about. Boggles the mind really.

Maybe they know Pattaya is DEAD, why go with it 

40 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Maybe they know Pattaya is DEAD, why go with it 

Gonna take a Ride out that way and then to Hua Hin, hopefully with it being semi "Dead" as people say it will make for a nice and enjoyable ride on the new Bike.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Airport high-speed rail project hits budget snag

Way to go Thailand Approve  Building a railway But yet No approved budget to Clear the Land for the Track.  the've got it Back to Front. 

That's why they call it a Backwards country.????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PomPolo said:

Completely agree, I think someone in govt will already have thought of this, cancel flood control, and use the new submarines as transport, charge locals 50baht a journey but foreigners 5000 for the uniquely Thai experience, another general promoted, job sorted!

Could be used a family camper van, plenty of power just add some wheels.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Could be used a family camper van, plenty of power just add some wheels.

And a periscope! I am guessing those cheap subs might need some 'Pimp my sub' stuff going on before they are operational, and obviously the right staff from the Island of Thailand to operate them, a little off-topic mod please don't remove, it sort of relates to why money is being spent on useless toys when most of the Thai news I see is how they are struggling in their economy because all 'their' foreigners have found a cheaper and more sensible place to hang out ???? nothing to see here, what is covid?

9 hours ago, crobe said:

The date of October 2021 is the two-year deadline on the SRT side to have appropriated all the land necessary and removed all obstacles such as utilities and pipes so that the construction could actually begin. This is the obligation on SRT and the government in the contract with CP.

Any delay will of course impact the completion, which is now said to be in 2024 but I believe will still be at least 2 years after that.

I suspect that the project will be abandoned in due course. 

The collapse in the air traffic business rather removes the need for two airports let alone three!

Perhaps Don Muang will revert to an Air Force Base/VIP flight terminal with a golf course, or will it be the other way round?

U Tapao for cargo (?) or perhaps parking surplus aircraft.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

Won't be long before the next thing they do will be done on time on buget and in a  safe and acceptable standard, that just sounds so funny when you talking about Thailand and the corruption at all levels cut out the brown  evnevolopes and do your jobs, what am l saying sorry All good hear welcome to Thailand 

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The collapse in the air traffic business rather removes the need for two airports let alone three!

Perhaps Don Muang will revert to an Air Force Base/VIP flight terminal with a golf course, or will it be the other way round?

I don't think it will be abandoned. Too many make a lot of money on the project. Similar to the purchase of the submarines. They will borrow the money somewhere. China will be happy to help. As more debt Thailand has there, as more control China gets on the country.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, johng said:

There's no way they will finish by October 2021...surely some mistake in this report ?

.. I think that #1 was meant to be a 7, which is when it will probably be ready for actual transportation after all the delays... 2017

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, djayz said:

I still don't get the concept of linking these 3 airports. 

To alleviate the roadway being loaded up for people heading to the locations in between.  The train will just not be stopping at each airport if that's what your thinking, but will have many stops at locations like the Airport Rail Link in Bangkok which will take you to Suvarnabhumi from many locations which also ling to the mass transit system. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

and THE NEW TRUCKS FROM INDIA (600 ov em)!!!!!

10 minutes ago, essox essox said:

and THE NEW TRUCKS FROM INDIA (600 ov em)!!!!!

Indeed, they will need somewhere to store them when they pack up!

They can't use the vehicle parks in the bases - they are full of knackered Isuzu trucks.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1