Apirat opens professionally run Army-owned hotel as part of reforms

rooster59

Apirat opens professionally run Army-owned hotel as part of reforms

By The Nation

800_f8d80043a5434d9.jpg

General Apirat Kongsompong (left)

Army chief General Apirat Kongsompong presided over a ceremony to open Seapine Recreation Centre in Prachuap Khiri Khan province after appointing a professional management team to run the hotel on Friday (August 28).

The move was under the memorandum of understanding in the use of state property in businesses for Royal Thai Army welfare signed with the Treasury Department in February 17.

The Army has appointed a group of personnel with expertise in hotel management to run the hotel under the supervision of the Army Welfare Investigation Committee to make sure that military personnel and their families will continue to receive privileges to use the services.

The administrator will receive wages from the Army depending on the business performance, while they have made a plan to renovate the hotel and enhance staff potential to meet standards.

"It is a good start after cooperating with the Ministry of Finance and since the beginning of Covid-19 pandemic, while the facility development was transparent and would benefit military personnel," Apirat said.

"To proceed under the Office of the Prime Minister’s regulation, the Army will send income to the Treasury Department every year," Apirat added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393721

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-30

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, faraday said:

Hopefully the guests are not told this in the morning:

"Hands off c**ks, put on socks"

????

Ha ha ha! That's sparked my imagination now.

The Officer In Charge of guests makes sure the Sergeant Major looks after their every need:

"You 'horrible little guest, you. What do you think you're doing, lying in bed at me like that? It's jankers for you - start peeling those spuds once you've done twenty-five laps of the sports complex."

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha ha! That's sparked my imagination now.

The Officer In Charge of guests makes sure the Sergeant Major looks after their every need:

"You 'horrible little guest, you. What do you think you're doing, lying in bed at me like that? It's jankers for you - start peeling those spuds once you've done twenty-five laps of the sports complex."

What are you looking at Maggot

quote-because-i-am-hard-you-will-not-like-me-but-the-more-you-hate-me-the-more-you-will-learn-r-lee-ermey-63-88-02.jpg

• Like 1

Not really news they already have a hotel on the beach at Wing 5 in PKK.

Its mostly used by army families but tourists can stay there although some dates eg weekend/holidays are blocked out for thais /army 

Hopefully no low ranking soldiers got screwed over on the corruption deals.

Wouldn't want another terminal 21 scenario.

I thought they'd promised to stay out of these types of private enterprises after that? 

In February this year, after the mass shooting in Korat by a disgruntled soldier, Apirat tearfully promised swift reforms to how the army handles their state properties. 5 months later he comes up with this. A hotel. Reforms done. Khap khun khrap..

Edited by klauskunkel