Police bust gang of con-artists

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Falcon said:

What a racist <deleted> you are Richard, and you are from...? Wherever your from, we should probably ask the question “are there any honest (insert your country here) And should all (insert your country here) be deported because Richard is a complete racist A$$?

there are plenty of honest Africans living in Thailand, just that as they are law abiding, you don’t hear anything about them. Just as anyone and people from any country, the bad ones cause the good ones to be all tarred with the same brush.

In my uni in Bkk we had many MBA students from various African countries, the vast majority very good and diligent students polite, worked well in small teams, good contributions to class room discussions, always helpful, good grades, and they just ignored the regular negative comments from the 'white' guys. 

3 hours ago, Falcon said:

What a racist <deleted> you are Richard, and you are from...? Wherever your from, we should probably ask the question “are there any honest (insert your country here) And should all (insert your country here) be deported because Richard is a complete racist A$$?

there are plenty of honest Africans living in Thailand, just that as they are law abiding, you don’t hear anything about them. Just as anyone and people from any country, the bad ones cause the good ones to be all tarred with the same brush.

As a kid my older brother used to say the only good...African....is a dead one.  To which I replied "pull the other one"  which in Aus slang means: your having me on with your broad assumptions.  But over the years and seeing how white farmers are being treated in South Africa my view has changed a lot!  

• Like 1

There are zillions of companies from everywhere advertising i.e. on Alibaba.com with very competitive prices. If you want to order, they ask for a prepayment of 25% or a "handling fee" for a sample to be sent. Their website shows pictures from a different producer/seller, its huge buildings plus fake recommendations. After cashing in, their ad disappears, their telephone numbers do not work. A short time later you can find a similar website with different phone numbers and location. If you google their address, with google maps you may find them in a paddy field, or on a scrapyard. And this happens everywhere on this world, yes Thailand too.

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Are there actually any honest Africans in Thailand ? Never a day seemed to go buy without an African con artists story on TV.

Maybe they should start asking all Africans from such countries to post a 1 million baht deposit first when applying for a visa.

Why do you think they are in Thailand in the first place.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Falcon said:

I agree, its the girls that work for them who are the crims.    ????????????????

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, rwill said:

What business sends you product without you paying for it?

did you have heard about letter of credit or down payment & inspection prior to shipping.... been doing it for over 45 years and never had a problem

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, anterian said:

Anyone doing business with a West African needs to tread very carefully.

they probably did not use their FACE & name for the deal

and you probably never bought A CONTAINER from a company

you pay in advance

and you have to pay the container + transport firm on top of it

+ import taxes in your home country

than sale tax, etc...

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, asean said:

I am still laughing at how all of a sudden every man and his dog was a glove and mask dealer/agent with "special allocations" when all the glove manufacturers we warning about all these scams right on the front page of their websites. I know dozens of people that got burned and i would always ask the same question. Why would anyone go through you when they can just contact the factories direct.

Those are the people that believe someone that is saying , hey i have a contact in that factory and i can get them for you cheaper then on their own website . 

5 hours ago, Falcon said:

Well <deleted>. It's not like it's a science that 90% are doing illegal stuff.... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Are there actually any honest Africans in Thailand ? Never a day seemed to go buy without an African con artists story on TV.

Maybe they should start asking all Africans from such countries to post a 1 million baht deposit first when applying for a visa.

There is many. I see one in Loei who is playing football with Thailand, i see much other who are teachers and teach English in Thailand.

But as you can see, in this team, there is also a Thai man and a Thai woman. So do you conclude everybody in Thailand to be a crooks ?

Sure not, but you do that for African people. What i can conclude on your kind of practice, please ?

1 hour ago, sead said:

He must have won on the lottery. I don't believe that someone who earnt that much money can be that stupid 

Because you don't know many rich people... i see many who are rich and very very stupid.

And i see that the same stupid people without money, no one care about him, but when show big money, everybody stupid turn around.

So i can tell you that when you see a rich and stupid people (a VISP), all around, you can be sure, there is also and only many very stupid people surrounding him/her.

And most probably, you can detect a kind of stupidity in this idea: to be rich, you have to be intelligent.

That is a stupid idea because: 1/ it is a binary idea, 2/ who deny the world history.

3 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

Because you don't know many rich people... i see many who are rich and very very stupid.

And i see that the same stupid people without money, no one care about him, but when show big money, everybody stupid turn around.

So i can tell you that when you see a rich and stupid people (a VISP), all around, you can be sure, there is also and only many very stupid people surrounding him/her.

And most probably, you can detect a kind of stupidity in this idea: to be rich, you have to be intelligent.

That is a stupid idea because: 1/ it is a binary idea, 2/ who deny the world history.

:crazy: