Corruption, conspiracy in ‘Boss’ case: Inquiry report

snoop1130

Does this also mean that they will investigate were the money for all the paid bribes was coming from? Maybe that would also put a plug in the Red Bull talking mouth that says they have no involvement. I am pretty sure that a shell company that is owned buy a foreign subsidiary that is in some way connected to a Thai company who the Red Bull organisation have part ownership in is going to be involved.

Edited by Matzzon

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What the little scrote should do ( and should've done yrs ago ) is front up and admit to what he did .. to carry on hiding away carries on projecting the bentness of Thai Society .. and it is presented as such in news outside of Thailand that someone with enough influence and dosh can buy their way out of anything .. 

If he had done that, he would have had his sentence suspended for two years.

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I would wager that some of these 'poorly paid public servants' will be assessed as being 'unusually wealthy'.

and I would wager that those wealthy public servants's names aren't even on the list. 

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Does this also mean that they will investigate were the money for all the paid bribes was coming from? Maybe that would also put a plug in the Red Bull talking mouth that says they have no involvement. I am pretty sure that a shell company that is owned buy a foreign subsidiary that is in some way connected to a Thai company who the Red Bull organisation have part ownership in is going to be involved.

A good place to start, follow the money. Everyone who sent or received funds, should be made to pay the price.

• Thanks 2

You guys on VISA kill me. 
There were only two possible outcomes of this enquiry - either corruption was involved or corruption wasn’t involved. Whichever was the outcome our loyal TV warriors would have switched into the usual vitriol. 
Give the government SOME credit for listening to “ the people” and even holding the enquiry. 

as to the guilt of the Boss- that’s a separate issue and one TV can have their fun with for the rest of time ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What the little scrote should do ( and should've done yrs ago ) is front up and admit to what he did .. to carry on hiding away carries on projecting the bentness of Thai Society .. and it is presented as such in news outside of Thailand that someone with enough influence and dosh can buy their way out of anything .. 

Whilst I agree, other countries are just the same. US is the best example, or could it be the UK.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ian C HH said:

You guys on VISA kill me. 
There were only two possible outcomes of this enquiry - either corruption was involved or corruption wasn’t involved. Whichever was the outcome our loyal TV warriors would have switched into the usual vitriol. 
Give the government SOME credit for listening to “ the people” and even holding the enquiry. 

as to the guilt of the Boss- that’s a separate issue and one TV can have their fun with for the rest of time ????

The Government had no choice such was the outcry otherwise it would have been brushed under the carpet as the saying goes.

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:
13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Whilst I agree, other countries are just the same. US is the best example, or could it be the UK.

Having said that, this is perhaps peculiar to the UK:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/mar/13/2

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally I think that if you accept a bribe to help someone escape justice or prosecution then the prison sentence or fine should be the same as the sentence that would have been given to the perp if they had been found guilty.

And to who's bank account the money came from too if not the accused!!!!????????????????

• Like 1

After so many years of hand-wringing and delays and excuses, it's amazing how quickly they were able to lay all this out once the public outcry put their feet to the fire. Exposing corruption doesn't take superpowers or magic, just will (as long as the perpetrators aren't too powerful, that is).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Having said that, this is perhaps peculiar to the UK:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/mar/13/2

In a tenuous link to fame my ex-wife in utmost secrecy was tasked with typing the summons for Princess Anne which led to her £40 fine and three points in Alfreton. First member of British Royal Family to be convicted of a motoring offence.

• Like 1

If bribery was involved to delay the issue of a summons at minimum the Statute of Limitations should run from the date it could be issued. There's already a law that stops the Statute of Limitations running when a Politician flees abroad why not do the same for Boss. It was backdated for Taksin back date it for Boss because bribery seems to have been involved.