Thai Finance Minister Predee submits resignation

snoop1130

With the current revelations of graft and corruption at Thai Air, RTP, Bangkok police, he probably read a report on the same at the Ministry of Finance and current Thai balance sheet, gripped his chest and called for Elizabeth.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"The minister wanted to resign but it's unclear if the prime minister will allow him to," said a finance ministry source, who requested anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to media.

I love this. I quit...no you can't, I won't let you.

A pity though, you can see this new nice white uniform and gold braiding being recycled for the next imcumbent, but perhaps there's a candidate in the wings, so he can go ahead with his submarine purchase. Finance Minister and Defence Minister. I can see a huge increase in Defence spending, and more gold braid on his uniform.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Have you considered what this says about the state of the Thai economy and banks?  Well you can be certain that things are far worse than have been let on.  One can only imagine what the PM promised him just to take the job.  Even a capable respected man like this refuses to go down with the ship.  Much effort is being made to keep up appearances after Autun screwed things up.  It may be too little too late ... as indicated by this resignation.  The bad news is going to bubble up when it can no longer be contained.  Stay tuned.

I know things are bad when the Bangkok bank dropped my 12 month investment account from 1.5 to 0.5% interest.  If I wasn't in the middle of visa extension I'd park it in another bank...with better rate.  My 6 month investment will probably go from 1% to 0!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I - for one - did not understand his resignation in the first place. He MUST have known what kind of hot oil posting this would be, is and now - was. But then, what do we know. With 60 he retires and stayed on another year - finishing his professional career with a big bang. 
It takes guts to take the job and it takes guts to walk off the job less than a month later. 

Lets wait and see, which - if any - top advisory postings in the private industry will be thrown at him as he might be the clean man he looks 8-) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Think I would trust Reuters than that Right Wing News Newbee.

If you look up asd you will find that he has been a member since 17 February 2006, so he isn't really a Newbee as you suggest in your post. You of course are a long term member since 30th April 2020.

12 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Deleted post

• Like 1

18 hours ago, david555 said:

Normal…. , as this man came from a commercial bank  ,( Kasikorn) ,... heaven only knows what he saw in the Gov. financial books ????

you do think the government has books ?  I was wondering if they did

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you look up asd you will find that he has been a member since 17 February 2006, so he isn't really a Newbee as you suggest in your post. You of course are a long term member since 30th April 2020.

1st post for me counts as Newbie but still wouldn't rely on the Right Wing News for the full and accurate information.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai Finance Minister Predee submits resignation

Can't blame him . Looked in All the books and concluded   What a Mess this place is in .

Can't fix this in a hurry Better get out Before I get the Blame for this Mess.   ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

1st post for me counts as Newbie but still wouldn't rely on the Right Wing News for the full and accurate information.

Nor on the left wing either.

The closest bet would be a sptread of about five across the board and somewhere around the middle would be close enough.