It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

On 9/11/2020 at 6:12 PM, BritManToo said:

I eat in most nights of the week due to cost, quantity, and quality.

Can't say I've eaten in many restaurants where I left feeling 'that was really good'.

Usually the portion is too small, the food isn't hot enough, or it took too long to serve.

I never encounter any of those problems when I cook it myself.

Just had fried chicken breast and chips cooked in my air fryer ..... about 25bht for the food, and another 56bht for 2 wine coolers. Can hardly move now, and that was with my 8 year son old eating off my plate as well.

The air fryer is great gadget cant believe I didn't buy one long time ago as for eating out Im sick eating junk we've eaten at home for ages you get exactly what you want and HOT the other day I made a pan of Chinese curry the curry powder I bought cooked some chicken with onions and potatoes 1 pan gives me 4 meals

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If a water shortage has not happened, thank the lockdown for that.

I meant, it would be interesting to see the data on the decline of usage of water, electric, internet, ATM's etc etc.  Huge percentages.

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

From what I read in the media, if it wasn't for Covid, Pattaya may well have run out of water.  

Agreed, it was not looking good and that is one of the few positive benefits out of a terrible situation. The environment and natural resource consumption and destruction has had a breather, and I never realised how good it could be.  Rainy seasons are drier, high seasons are hotter, more and more people visiting Pattaya.

This isn't the place to live if you're worried about the environment, so anything that halts the destruction of nature is to be enjoyed albeit temporarily. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Agreed, it was not looking good and that is one of the few positive benefits out of a terrible situation. The environment and natural resource consumption and destruction has had a breather, and I never realised how good it could be.  Rainy seasons are drier, high seasons are hotter, more and more people visiting Pattaya.

This isn't the place to live if you're worried about the environment, so anything that halts the destruction of nature is to be enjoyed albeit temporarily. 

Could you have imagined the global headlines should Covid had not eventuated, and Pattaya had a busy high season, and the whole city basically ran out of water?

What tourists would travel to a place where they can't flush the toilet or have a shower?

I am not talking about water restrictions, but no water at all.  Pattaya went very close.  

So, am I being negative, or is what I have said factual, and creditable?

As I said I agree based on my own experience of living here. We are now mid-Seltember and still no significant rain. If it comes i'll be looking at the reservoir levels and you'll be concentrating on a 2 hour flood of Beach Road and the washing away of a section of sand. 

20 minutes ago, kinyara said:

As I said I agree based on my own experience of living here. We are now mid-Seltember and still no significant rain. If it comes i'll be looking at the reservoir levels and you'll be concentrating on a 2 hour flood of Beach Road and the washing away of a section of sand. 

Which one do you think the tourists, the main revenue source of Pattaya, would focus on?  

They only care if there is some sand to lay on, the toilet has water to flush, and they can have a shower.  Take that away, and Pattaya may as well be a village in Issan, and tourists WILL NOT come here, Covid aside.  

On 9/5/2020 at 11:42 PM, BigStar said:

Agreed, lots of people on the beach and even a bit of a traffic jam on Beach & 2nd Rds. Also T21 was doing great, restos & shops. Foodland packed, long lines at the cashier . . . .

I must report the news that one of the forum's most Sacred Truths has now proven false: that only stupid farang tourists FOB go to Hooter's, with more money than sense. SHOCK! A lot of Thais were in Hooter's tonight. Wot? Yes, Thais. Thais can afford Hooter's and are going there! OH NO.

Now we know that these Thais can't be tourists, as TAT: TVF doesn't recognize domestic tourism and holds that Thais only buy som tam and Sangsom, with what little money they have. So it may be that these were not really Thais but merely farang disguised as Thais. Perhaps our sleuths can investigate before some of our experts lose the will to live. 

TAT Most certainly does recognize wealthy Thai tourists. Perhaps you are projecting your own snobbery.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2020 at 1:51 AM, brianthainess said:

Sad situation all round, here on Koh Chang for the first time this year, I thought I'd go out on Sat night, eerie driving through White Sand i thought well Thai tourists will be out, Zilch, Zero, half the restaurant's were open, but no customers, there was one or two beer bars that appeared open in the back, but at least 20 closed, on to Chi Chet, about 5 bars open, with maybe one or two staff, one bar with 3 ex pats one had closed his restaurant and he was leaving for Isan the next day, and one bar with 2, went back to Odies place, band playing most customers about 20 were Thai and some were friends/family of the band, saw 3 ex pats. 

went to ko chang in jan,nice beaches but expensive drinks and food,and very quite,wouldn,t go back in a hurry.

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

I was pumping my pool out just Tuesday as we had a few inches of rain in the morning.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nout said:

TAT Most certainly does recognize wealthy Thai tourists. Perhaps you are projecting your own snobbery.

The completely discredited TAT, yes. Not, as I said, TAT: TVF, the real authority here. Perhaps you are projecting your lack of reading comprehension or need for new reading glasses. First Optic usually recommended.

Edited by BigStar

6 hours ago, petermik said:

what nights were you thinking about....:unsure:

Don't understand sorry. MaxxCity is an aparthotel in Soi Arunothai Pattaya. I stay there when I am not in Bangkok (Thonglor). 

When I left Pattaya about 3 months ago to stay here in Thonglor, all bars were closed in Soi Arunothai. 

Will find out Saturday/Sunday if some are open again. 

Otherwise will have to go to "Pattaya City" to have a few beers. 

I am a day drinker. 

Edited by luckyluke