It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Stopped going to retox anyway. The bar where the road  curves on Soi Bukhao is more fun and much cheaper.

Recon bar on the bend closed a while back, hotel still open apparently. The other side of the bend I'm not sure 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I hear at the Haven the landlord wouldn't drop the rent so it closed. 

I thought I saw Retox Soi honey closed today as I ride past but I may be wrong 

I just read again, same source as before, that The Beer garden is closing. I posted this some weeks back too based on a false rumour.... (or Chinese whispers).

As to Retox, perhaps they have decided, like the Robin Hood, that they cannot support 7 days/week. It is all a bit depressing.

20 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Upper Soi Diana (even though Diana Inn (or was it Lodge) is no more...

Your pics were from Soi Lengkee and even though it looks devastated and has seen a lot of closures, I think it's one of the less affected streets in the area.  Here's hoping it doesn't get any worse.

• Like 1

Good news is that Tattoo Gunman on Soi Yamato has reopened and may offer discounts.

This would be a good time for our doomsters and bashers to come into town and get a RIP Pattaya 2020 or I Told You So headstone inked on their a.rses. Wannabe yobs can add to their collection, though unfortunately a few doors down the old British Cultural Center at Dog's Bol.locks Bar has closed, the bar now reopened as Number One June. It got a writeup recently in the Pattaya Mail: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-soi-yamato-bar-girls-hopeful-of-long-stay-visa-315146.

And true cesspoolians all have a old scar on their ankle left from an encounter with a motorbike exhaust pipe. This could be decorated with heart underlined with a Pattaya Forever banner.

But then I happened to run into a Thai senior citizen who once danced at the old Las Vegas, then Nevada, go-go near the beginning of Soi Post Office, right up to COVID. She reported that the most recent owner had closed it permanently, no plans to reopen ever.

Now that's kinda sad as it was a remnant old Old Pattaya that old timers will remember well. If your name, as a member of the exclusive Bell Ringers Club, was etched on the wall mirrors (important historical artifacts) then you're erased, sorry.

Now it must be said that the latest owner had messed it up with a partial remodeling, destroying a good bit of the old delicious sleaze & character anyway. As assaults on our historical monuments go, it wasn't as egregious that made against King Kong bar on Soi 6. But it may similarly have alienated old patrons and contributed to its decline.

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The lower one in the middle of the Soi has never re-opened. The one further up would be a blessing if it closed, a few brain dead women blasting shoyte music over the Soi till whatever time they feel like going home. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buakhao is vibrant as the girls come out to eat and get ready to work, everywhere else pretty quiet

It's "vibrant" with girls eating somtam...any bar patrons to be found? Maybe I'll check it out today or tomorrow. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:13 AM, BigStar said:

Good news is that Tattoo Gunman on Soi Yamato has reopened and may offer discounts.

This would be a good time for our doomsters and bashers to come into town and get a RIP Pattaya 2020 or I Told You So headstone inked on their a.rses. Wannabe yobs can add to their collection, though unfortunately a few doors down the old British Cultural Center at Dog's Bol.locks Bar has closed, the bar now reopened as Number One June. It got a writeup recently in the Pattaya Mail: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-soi-yamato-bar-girls-hopeful-of-long-stay-visa-315146.

And true cesspoolians all have a old scar on their ankle left from an encounter with a motorbike exhaust pipe. This could be decorated with heart underlined with a Pattaya Forever banner.

But then I happened to run into a Thai senior citizen who once danced at the old Las Vegas, then Nevada, go-go near the beginning of Soi Post Office, right up to COVID. She reported that the most recent owner had closed it permanently, no plans to reopen ever.

Now that's kinda sad as it was a remnant old Old Pattaya that old timers will remember well. If your name, as a member of the exclusive Bell Ringers Club, was etched on the wall mirrors (important historical artifacts) then you're erased, sorry.

Now it must be said that the latest owner had messed it up with a partial remodeling, destroying a good bit of the old delicious sleaze & character anyway. As assaults on our historical monuments go, it wasn't as egregious that made against King Kong bar on Soi 6. But it may similarly have alienated old patrons and contributed to its decline.

Wrong, the same owner has changed the name of Nevada/Vegas to SO NICE A-GO-GO which is now open. Nick takes a look inside.

Edited by pegman
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, JensenZ said:

Yes, most of the malls on my list weren't doing well pre-covid, making my prediction they won't survive even more likely. The malls I mentioned are a full indicator (not a partial indicator) of how many tourists Pattaya has... zero. I'm not discussing the general population of Thai residents. Even without tourists (permanently), the city will survive and morph into a typical coastal city such as Chonburi City or Si Racha.

You might have hit Central Festival on a long weekend or public holiday. I did witness some busy days in the last month, but visit on a typical working day and it's a different story.

The death of malls would not effect me. So if 90% die it will be a good thing. The big malls in Bangkok are not tourist dependent or didn't used to be but the new malls, which I consider an inhuman aberration were aimed at not people so its good they disappear. Yes its OBVIOUS there are fewer tourists now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pegman said:

Wrong, the same owner has changed the name of Nevada/Vegas to SO NICE A-GO-GO which is now open. Nick takes a look inside.

Duh. Try to keep up, sigh. Maybe check your meds? Or find a map of Pattaya. So confusing, no?

I said near the beginning of Soi Post Office. The So Nice Fun Go-Go is on Soi Yamato. Wrong soi. And it's in the middle of Soi Yamato, not the beginning. Previous to its reopening, I mentioned in some post here that it would reopen on the 18th and wished it luck.

Moreover, So Nice was never named Nevada or Las Vegas. It was initially opened as Las Vegas III. That was closed in 2016 and soon reopened as So Nice under the new management.

The new management initially kept Peter's great music playlist he'd brought over from the old Las Vegas. So far, so good. But a year or so ago they gave it up for mostly modern pablum, often played directly from youtube. It's not as bad as you'll hear at WS venues, at least, and it's kept at reasonable volume.

Tattoo Gunman, BTW, is almost across from So Nice, if you'd like to stop in. Also be sure to stop in next door to So Nice at the Wanna Break? resto. K. Wanna's a nice lady who's been struggling to stay open after her Brit hubby died 5 years ago. English brekkie, mate, only B95.

Next.

Edited by BigStar

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

OK, include Beemers... 7 series only.

Yes, they will lift the occupancy rate.   It will depend what badge is on each car as to who gets the best car park position.  ????

Edited by Leaver

On 9/21/2020 at 3:07 PM, morrobay said:

What awaits you ? Maybe another new construction project like this  new one right on top of a fairly newly completed (well done) sidewalk. 

Dolphin-Dusit curve. Not really conducive to walking out and shopping in the surroundings 

IMG_20200919_102607.jpg.cf78d5d08218af7816b91db267b01102.jpgIMG_20200921_111601.jpg.69000303a104bd15200eb8046b953119.jpgIMG_20200921_112443.jpg.dc5d513002f6eb3ea230140c182ab1aa.jpgIMG_20200921_112131.jpg.061753d499b650f344ae29084d353b67.jpg

Perhaps these new footpaths will become tourists attractions in their own right.   A testament to Pattaya's progress, and it's only 2020.  Such an advancement.  ????

• Haha 1