Two dead as motorbikes collide head-on

webfact

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1599100398_1-org.jpg

The collision occurred along Route 4031, which joins Thepkrasattri Rd to Nai Yang. Photo: Thalang Police

PHUKET: Two men died after their motorbikes collided head-on south of Nai Yang early yesterday morning (Sept 2).

Maj Wutthichai Kaewthong of the Thalang Police was called to the scene, along Route 4031, which joins Thepkrasattri Rd to Nai Yang, at 6:43am. 

Police together with Sakoo Municipality rescue workers and a Thalang Hospital emergency team arrived to find Jetsada La-iad, 19, from Trang, on the road near his Honda Dream motorbike.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/two-dead-as-motorbikes-collide-head-on-77195.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-03

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Survivable with minor injuries if both were wearing helmets ????????

Most certainly survivable if one of them wasn’t riding like a tool.

That sort of depends on whether there were other injuries, external head injuries aren't the only cause of death.  Helmets don't protect from broken necks or internal injuries as a result of two moving objects hitting head on and suddenly coming to a dead stop from speed. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Police believe that on reaching the curve where the accident happened, one of the riders lost control of his motorbike and collided into the other, said Lt Col Wutthichai. 

So that means One of them or Both were Going So Fast and cutting the curve that they Couldn't negotiate the Curve.

Nothing new here RIP 

The "special" license requirement for motorcycles over 400cc to be introduced makes no sense (not unusual in Thailand).  The special license should be required for motorcycles LESS than 400cc as all the morons here ride these smaller bikes.  Yes, I know few drive here with a license anyway. The greater than 400cc rule is being introduced because the government feels if one can afford these larger bikes they can afford another useless license.

• Like 1

So bad.

rural canal road two days ago
long stretched curve
high speed bike comes towards me
way too fast

sand, oil, damp street?

I'm a little bit scared
but nothing happened

luckily he / she is protected with super equipment ***
me with flip flops etc. on a bicycle on the way to the garden ...

Do you remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8UKf65NOzM  ?

50 years ago

• Like 1