U.S. Homeland Security warns that Russia is trying to undermine confidence in mail-in voting

webfact

9 hours ago, Opl said:

Trump followers - so nearly 40% of the Americans voters - really don't care what the rest of the world think,

Does anyone in the US care what others think? I don't think so....and nor should they in my view.

Perhaps some one should review the need for any more of this sort of stuff from now on. It seems to inflame opinion and seems to serve no end other than to highlight the huge gulf in American politics.

The world either needs a strong and powerful, but stable and sane America, or it needs America not at all.

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Does anyone in the US care what others think? I don't think so....and nor should they in my view.

Perhaps some one should review the need for any more of this sort of stuff from now on. It seems to inflame opinion and seems to serve no end other than to highlight the huge gulf in American politics.

The world either needs a strong and powerful, but stable and sane America, or it needs America not at all.

It's just that with Trump's election, America isn't that "exceptional" anymore, and that is something the rest of the World feels very comfortable with, meaning "so now you too.. "

Besides, and there is no doubt about it, Trump is good news for China, good news for Europe, good news for Russia   

Edited by Opl

4 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Solid point. While everyone everywhere is free to voice their opinion, why on Earth would rational Americans care what foreigners think? Why should people from the UK care what I think about their politics? A country's politics is up to that country's citizens. If you (you, generically) are that wrapped up about America's politics, you are probably too dependent on us and should get a life (all you statements generic).

8 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

Solid point. While everyone everywhere is free to voice their opinion, why on Earth would rational Americans care what foreigners think? Why should people from the UK care what I think about their politics? A country's politics is up to that country's citizens. If you (you, generically) are that wrapped up about America's politics, you are probably too dependent on us and should get a life (all you statements generic).

How the USA is perceived abroad may not immediately effect or interest the average American. But if one addresses the USA's national interest in preserving its international stature and image, things are different. Kinda doubt you needed this explanation, really.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

Why would Americans living in Thailand care what Thai people think of them?

You don't get out much, do you?

• Like 2