Seven police officers in Rochester, NY suspended over Black man's death, mayor says

webfact

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

Many have issues with America, we just wish you were a bit smarter! I'm from one of those countries that is'nt America!

Okay. well as long as you are not confident enough to indentify where you are from, we won't worry about it. Maybe consider not attacking people solely based upon from where they are from in exchange. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Many have issues with America, we just wish you were a bit smarter! I'm from one of those countries that is'nt America!

The United States has more Nobel Prize winners in hard sciences (and in general) than any other country...but we're always striving to do better. Your country?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

More white people die being shot by Police than black. This was a druggie, spitting and it's unfortunate he died but no big deal. How is it the Police's fault?  absurd.

It's just a play for money by the family (civil lawsuit against police) so they have to blame somebody (anybody but their drug addicted relative will do).

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

More white people die being shot by Police than black. This was a druggie, spitting and it's unfortunate he died but no big deal. How is it the Police's fault?  absurd.

Repeating the usual misrepresenting of stats - African Americans are roughly three times killed in proportion to population.

Police in democracies have a duty of care for detainees, no matter their status, apparently not in the view of some Americans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Repeating the usual misrepresenting of stats - African Americans are roughly three times killed in proportion to population.

Police in democracies have a duty of care for detainees, no matter their status, apparently not in the view of some Americans.

They are responsible for killing one another statistically more than anybody else including the police, by far.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It simply shows what disdain you have for these type of places. I live here because I love it. Thankfully you can incite riots where ever you want. It's peaceful here Mister.

Your accusation of me ‘inciting riots’ is rather a serious matter.

I look forward to you providing evidence of me ‘inciting riots’ or withdrawing your accusation.

22 minutes ago, simple1 said:

They also commit more crimes disproportionate to population or you want to ignore THAT fact?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The response was to a member wishing Americans were smarter...the reply was we're trying the best we can (prize count) but always strive to be better.

Context - member was in reference to police handling of an individual dying whilst in police arrest

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It simply shows what disdain you have for these type of places. I live here because I love it. Thankfully you can incite riots where ever you want. It's peaceful here Mister.

I like Muskogee to I dove that whole river system for the coast guard they were forced to clean up the batteries they were caught throwing off the aids to navigation lol great job easy diving except the water moccasins fast boat new town every day had a blast and made lots of money is the old ww2 submarine still there I think it is the old silversides pretty famous boat that was a start coming around the bend in the river and see a sub!

56 minutes ago, bodga said:

yeah but never  by his  own actions eh

Obviously the guy had mental issues it’s to bad most police departments don’t have access to someone more qualified to handle this guy from watching the video I dident see the cops do anything outrageous like shooting an unarmed man 7 times in the back for failing to comply on a misdemeanor sexual assault complaint I do find it outrageous this was buried for 6 months though.the police are going to have to be much more careful in the use of force in the future and rightfully so imo 

59 minutes ago, bodga said:

yeah but never  by his  own actions eh

The deceased made bad decisions, was under influence of PCP and so on. Once the guy was arrested and handcuffed, the onus is on law enforcement for duty of care. At this stage looks as though law enforcement failed in thier duty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The deceased made bad decisions, was under influence of PCP and so on. Once the guy was arrested and handcuffed, the onus is on law enforcement for duty of care. At this stage looks as though law enforcement failed in thier duty.

I dont disagree at  all but people need to take responsibility for their own lack of control.

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I'm more inclined to believe  he was discriminated against because he was black! It's an American thing!

Probably not, Black criminals do seem to give the cops a very hard time when they try to arrest them. If they co operated and did what they were told to nobody would be dying. Many seem to be off their heads on serious drugs to start with, have a bad attitude and are aggressive, not a good way to deal with law enforcement.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

No real facts on what occurred on the night in question from this Reuter's report (I wonder why?) so I'll provide them:

In the middle of the night a naked man, in a state of delirium (later found to be acute intoxication by phencyclidine (PCP)) runs out into the street and tells passersby that he has Covid. When officers respond to calls for assistance, he starts spitting at/on them. Officers, following standard police protocols, place a mesh barrier mask over/around his head. The subject is held on the ground for a couple minutes and looses consciousness and is revived. He dies a week later in hospital. 

What to take from this: Don't take PCP, Don't run into the street naked, Don't tell people you have Covid and start spitting on them. End of story.

And I tell you another story, not long ago a white lady reported a disturbance at night time 

she was in her night gown waiting for the police to arrive and the cops shot her dead.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its at the stage now where every Police Force (USA) needs a large contingent Black Police Officers so that only Black Police Offices can deal with Black Criminals.

Thus, when a Black guy high on Meth, PCP, with a damning criminal record, warrant for arrest, history of robbery & violent crime etc etc etc....  does not follow police instructions, resists arrest and requires physical restraint he cannot claim racism.

That said - when people are dying under such circumstances everything leads to poor police training. 

Not every situation can be trained for, there are simply too many variables, however, the police in the USA do seem to have a tendency to ‘escalate’ rather than ‘calm’ a situation. 

I think It helps to have a diverse representation of minorities in police  departments and local governments! The graph shows, its rising 

My concern is criminals  and serial criminals could care less ! imop When have ya known a criminal to respect the law!

PSDT_01.11.17.police-02-12.png

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The time can't be far off, IMO, till the police unions tell white officers to refuse to deal with black suspects. IMO that's the only way for white officers to protect themselves

A black man dies, and the concern is that the white officers who killed him be protected? How about the cops stop killing people?

Yes, this guy had problems and shouldn't have been resisting arrest. But these are not executable offenses. Were they in mortal danger as they were kneeling on his back?

Also, I'd like to remind people that Breanna Taylor was killed in her sleep. I suppose there's justification for that, too.