800,000b required

There have been reports of people having to prove they have kept the 800k in the bank for 3 months after extension before, I think, as usual, it depends on the IO.
Normally they request a 12 month statement or look at your bank passbook to determine that you kept within the guidelines for the last year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There have been reports of people having to prove they have kept the 800k in the bank for 3 months after extension before, I think, as usual, it depends on the IO.
Normally they request a 12 month statement or look at your bank passbook to determine that you kept within the guidelines for the last year.

Yes i understand that,  but this is the first time i have been asked to return with proof  .. the lady checking your documents are assistants  i think , they dont wear the uniform of immigration officers

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, which immigration office?

There are very few offices that make you report back to show funds. 

Jomtien is one example.

The vast majority do not have this requirement.

Jomtien office 

Jomtien have started asking over the last couple of years, since they changed the rules. All you need is the paper they gave you, original passport and updated bank book and copies of the passport bio and last extension pages, plus A copy of the bank book transactions since you received your extension. Takes 5 minutes. Not a big hassle. They are ok with you going a few days after the date ( ie if you were away or it was a day Immigration is closed, but they won’t let you do it before the date.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2020 at 9:22 AM, actonion said:

Yes i understand that,  but this is the first time i have been asked to return with proof  .. the lady checking your documents are assistants  i think , they dont wear the uniform of immigration officers

The apparently 'optional for the IO' requirement to produce proof of your bank balance after three months did not exist prior to March 2019, so maybe Jomtien immigration hadn't bothered with your 2019 renewal, but now choose to do so.  It even probably comes down to the individual IO.  A friend from the same village as me went a day before I did in Nov 2019 and was given the same paperwork as you, but when I went there was no such requirement, so I asked if I needed to come back in three months and was told 'yes' and then given the form.  As usual it's the 'left hand, right hand' syndrome ! 

On 9/6/2020 at 9:18 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thats right ... so the childish waste of time proving it after 3 months is silly....... again....  if it does not show in your account on the next renewal time you dont get it.. simple...

I guess so immi centers dont think it through..

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, actonion said:

Having got the   One year Visa required documents wrong every year  for the first 15 years  i was told to use the adjacent Photo copy shop in Jomtien as they   know  what documents you need, then there will never be a problem, so for the last four years i have used this shop ....and guess what... i still have to return to the copy shop to get more pages  copied  5555555 better luck next year

If you got the paper with the date stamped at the bottom for the 90 days money check, you can see down to the left what documents you need. 

2 copies from the passport, the photo page and the last extension.

2 copies from your updated = same day, bank book,the first page with your name and the last page. 

This is all you need,nothing else.

All 4 copies signed at the bottom in blue ink. This 90 days money check routine started March 1 last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phetchy said:

The apparently 'optional for the IO' requirement to produce proof of your bank balance after three months did not exist prior to March 2019, so maybe Jomtien immigration hadn't bothered with your 2019 renewal, but now choose to do so.  It even probably comes down to the individual IO.  A friend from the same village as me went a day before I did in Nov 2019 and was given the same paperwork as you, but when I went there was no such requirement, so I asked if I needed to come back in three months and was told 'yes' and then given the form.  As usual it's the 'left hand, right hand' syndrome ! 

They never mentioned it to me either and since the 3 months came up at the height of Covid and immigration was packed, without  much precautions I decided I wasn't going anyhow!

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, phetchy said:

I'm wondering how they would know if you did'nt return with the updated book?.. i didnt sign anything to say i had received this "piece of paper", so could plead ignorant in 3 months time, if you got the balls to do it 55555, face getting your visa  cancelled..

5 minutes ago, actonion said:

I'm wondering how they would know if you did'nt return with the updated book?.. i didnt sign anything to say i had received this "piece of paper", so could plead ignorant in 3 months time, if you got the balls to do it 55555, face getting your visa  cancelled..

I pretty much have to..... when I renewed my Ext. they did not mention returning in 90 days to prove I had retained the 800k. I actually asked the lady who gave me the passport and she absent-mindedly said yes I do have to return, but no slip provided. Three months later Covid was around but precautions were not and I refused to enter immigration as it was packed solid. I actually do not expect issues next renewal, but have been updating my bank book regularly which should suffice to show I have complied.

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/7/2020 at 9:51 AM, Brayka said:

The 800.000 has to be in your account prior 2 months before and 3 months after application for visa.

Yes i know this, but showing bank statements 2 months before your renewal is fine... but 2 month s statements does not show that you have kept the money in the account  3 months "after", only this year they are issuing a piece of paper  telling you to return 3 months after visa renewal to show the 800,000 is still there, but what  happens if you dont return with the updated bank book after 3 months as no proof that  you were given this "piece of paper", some  are given, some are not..

6 hours ago, actonion said:

Yes i know this, but showing bank statements 2 months before your renewal is fine... but 2 month s statements does not show that you have kept the money in the account  3 months "after", only this year they are issuing a piece of paper  telling you to return 3 months after visa renewal to show the 800,000 is still there, but what  happens if you dont return with the updated bank book after 3 months as no proof that  you were given this "piece of paper", some  are given, some are not..

If they didn't give you the paper which they should have, you can actually skip the 90 days money check. BUT, you can NOT go below 800k for exactly 90 days from the day you applied and not below 400k until the next 1 year extension when you have to top it up to 800k again 2 months prior to the application. Then you have 2 choices: If you keep your bank book updated every month, you can take copies 12 months back incl. the first page with your name OR get a 12 months bank statement from your bank, but it will cost you a few hundred baht. Jomtien Immigration has no idea what so ever if you went back for the 90 days check or not. (Last year in May they didn't give me the paper, the woman forgot, but this year I got it.) That's why it's very important you keep your balances correct during the year until next extension. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

For the sake of a year and saving a few trees in the Amazon in the process, they should do away with inter-extension proof of bank balance, and only check on the occasion of your next extension, by merely looking at your up to date bank book, that can see if you have or have not complied with the 800,000/400,000/800,000 requirement and bingo! - if it's OK - no problem, if it's not - you're dealt with accordingly.  From the IO's point of view, it's wasted time - no fee!    

• Like 1