Chinese "tourist" robbed of 10 million baht by five armed men at luxury housing estate in Pattaya

webfact

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Past the sleeping guard, probably their own countrymen.

regards Worgeordie

Most likely Chinese coutrymen. The fight among tgem gets more and more violent. What kind of tourist bisiness was he in as a tourist...selling condos? Maybe someone wanted his money back after project has stopped...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Golden rule in Thailand...... "Don't have anything you can't pick up and run with, because one day you'll have to"......... The best advice about Thailand i was ever given......... I never thought i'd ever have to use it though.......   

The best advice about Thailand i was ever given

With such good advice, should you even dream of staying in Thailand? I am sure the adviser too is living in Thailand permanently.

The Thai leaders wanted quality tourist from China will what is the big deal, they rented a villa, and brought the cash to spend while in quarantine in style you think these quality Chinese is going to spend time in a flea bag hotel? thereafter they are going to travel throughout Thailand spend to lift the economy exactly as they predicted. Cross the border at Mai Sai then back again with more cash.

And someone was just saying no Triads in Thailand?  By weeks end the guard will spilling the beans as everyone knows a inside job. ????

Lot  more to this  than  the eye can see

But if the money was legal  why keep in the  house?

Idiot 

At  least  it was from a China  man   ...lol

Some  one  will not get the  big score  of cash for thier  product.....Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes  I agree  the police will be hot to trot to get the money back   ...lol

Why are  so many Chinese so rich anyway ??

As dodgy as the guy who met up with people in the middle of nowhere not long ago and he claimed he was robbed etc with a big pile of cash on his dashboard of his Porsche or something . I’m guessing people from his friends or associates done this if it’s true and not a fairytale for cash insurance !

• Like 1

Always a chance immigration got a pay off to let 10 million be bought in to the country. 

If so then the Chinese person would be pretty silly to have put down the real address of where he was staying.  I'd imagine word got round and the boys in brown might have popped over in plain clothes to say hello.

Maybe one of those mandatory Thai partners you need to do business here decided to just take the money and avoid some work. Never do business in Thailand where cheating and scamming is rife and foreigners have no support form anyone including, or maybe especially, the law 

11 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

10 Million Baht at home.

Surely taxed money and declared when brought into Thailand.

How stupid can someone be.

money being smuggled back to China  to avoid tax on money earned here police wont help here just share a cut

3 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Lot  more to this  than  the eye can see

But if the money was legal  why keep in the  house?

Idiot 

At  least  it was from a China  man   ...lol

Some  one  will not get the  big score  of cash for thier  product.....Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes  I agree  the police will be hot to trot to get the money back   ...lol

Why are  so many Chinese so rich anyway ??

Chinese are rich to make racists jealous.