PM: Rumours of a coup are utter nonsense

webfact

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

What do you mean?    Your comments seem to reflect a different Thailand .....   numbers don't lie.

Thailand handled the COVID19 crisis very well as there were minimal cases or deaths, unlike other countries that skyrocketed.

Thailand had an increase of GPD year on year since Khun Prayut Chan O Cha came to office in 2014.

Thailands government spending on infrastructure rose more year on year since Khun Prayut came to office.

Khun Prayut implemented more projects in the last 5 years than predecessors tried to do in 10 years.

Prayut Chan-o-cha is a Thai politician, retired Royal Thai Army general officer and former leader of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), the military junta which governed Thailand between 22 May 2014 and 10 July ... including his brother Preecha Chan-o-cha and Minister to the Office of the Prime Minister ...

Net worth‎: ‎2000 million baht (2019)

Years of service‎: ‎1972–2014

Political party‎: ‎Independent

Born‎: ‎21 March 1954 (age 66); ‎Nakhon Ratchasima

Capture.prayut.PNG.97253234a811004b0ad050a174d3d6e0.PNG

So, he's a man from the Issan. Not a bad idea to make him PM. 

• Like 1

The PM must go!  It’s time to let others turn around the ailing economy/unemployment problems, since doing nothing like he/his people have done the last 6 months.  It’s easier to hold your position and lock down opposition by unnecessarily keeping the country at full lock down this long! 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

As we saw with the collapse of the various Communist regimes of eastern Europe in 1989-90, an announcement that nothing is happening is often the first sign that something is happening.

Sorry, you may be correct, but I’m having difficulty connecting events of today to something that happened 30+ years ago. 

Edited by DBath

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

really? I wouldn't be so sure, better to hire somebody to watch your back 

Watch his back?? Not his fancy Generals surely, he's a soldier, are the Generals not policemen? Well if there can be a soldier PM, why not a policeman PM? This is getting confusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, hoopsandyoyo said:

The PM must go!  It’s time to let others turn around the ailing economy/unemployment problems, since doing nothing like he/his people have done the last 6 months.  It’s easier to hold your position and lock down opposition by unnecessarily keeping the country at full lock down this long! 

The government is investing in infrastructure in Chonburi province, and at the same time they are creating jobs for Issan people. You can easily see it if you don't stick to Pattaya Beach. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He also said he would “cure” the unemployment problem in the country.

The PM said the government aimed to help not just business giants but also SMEs and small retailers.

And then you read this right above the article about stopping on line alcohol sales. How many people did he just put out of work with this decision?

Edited by RANGER55

Back before the late General Prem Tinsulanonda stepped down, coups were the equivalent of elections. We had one every four years or so. Thanong Kittikachorn even conducted a coup against his own government, I think in 1971. Then we had some pretty turbulent civilian governments -- politics were high entertainment. After 2006, the military doesn't remember how to run regular coups so as to give more people a chance at the trough. We may be reverting to past practice. They should study Field Marshal Phibulsongkhram. There was a guy who knew how to run coups. He made himself dictator four or five times.

Edited by Acharn
Forgot to state Prime Minister Prem's rank

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

They cant be, they don't have red plates!

You remind me of one scene from one of the coups, that was caught by an international news magazine. I don't remember which year it was, but a news photographer caught a picture of a column of tanks moving through Bangkok, and stopping for a red light. I'm pretty sure the picture was in the International Herald Tribune and several other magazines with international distribution.

7 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

'...Et tu Brute' actually, at least according to Shakespeare.

Gaius Julius Caesar was an epileptic, and the Roman empire finally collapsed. Probably because capitalists didn't want to feed whole families aka slaves. 

12 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Gaius Julius Caesar was an epileptic, and the Roman empire finally collapsed. Probably because capitalists didn't want to feed whole families aka slaves. 

I thought the collapse started when Marcus Aurelius had the brilliant idea of making his boneheaded son Commodus the next ceasar. Nepotism in action .. now where have I seen it lately..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

What do you mean?    Your comments seem to reflect a different Thailand .....   numbers don't lie.

Thailand handled the COVID19 crisis very well as there were minimal cases or deaths, unlike other countries that skyrocketed.

Thailand had an increase of GPD year on year since Khun Prayut Chan O Cha came to office in 2014.

Thailands government spending on infrastructure rose more year on year since Khun Prayut came to office.

Khun Prayut implemented more projects in the last 5 years than predecessors tried to do in 10 years.

And moving right along...

Here’s Why Thailand’s Dire Economic Outlook Is the Worst in Asia

Here’s Why Thailand’s Dire Economic Outlook Is the Worst in Asia

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/here-s-why-thailand-s-dire-economic-outlook-is-the-worst-in-asia
Copyright © BloombergQuint
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Yep those ones can't see why they would need those tanks in the City?

To set up checkpoints with a Tank, a Transport vehicle, and a small group of soldiers all with a Sandbag bunker, just like in 2014.  Maybe the Good general is putting his own troops on standby to be ready when the coup comes.  Nothing to see here folks, move along.

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, the worst kind of 'salim' are your average middle class ones who really should know better. Not because they don't know it's all nonsense to control the masses, but because they think if they keep cheerleading for the amart, they'll appear loyal and will be rewarded with riches and power.

As I've told a few 'salims' myself, this isn't how Ponzi schemes work. 

Yes I know a few myself and they are Typically Civil Servants and love the Military because they get big rewards from being on Committees to boos their incomes.

8 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Actually, it should be "Et tu Brute" (vocative), but he was being stabbed at the time and probably could care less about being grammatically correct...

Actually, if we're being really pedantic....... he probably couldn't care less.

Just sayin' ????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As Julius Cesar said "Et Tu Brutus".  Makes me wonder who will be the last to put in the knife and cut him out of the Government.

Or if we're going to get classical..... 

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" (from the play Hamlet by William Shakespeare) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ratcatcher said:
800_6387f1be7f12b9f.jpg?v=1599627114"Let me have men about me that are fat,  image.jpeg.61194002c88825638f1a08259555e38d.jpeg
                  Sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights.
                  Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look.
                        He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous."
                  Bill Shakespeare Julius Caesar.
Does PM Prayut have any lean and hungry cabinet ministers? :unsure:

No, but he thinks too much !!

• Haha 1