Brexit brinkmanship: EU orders UK to scrap plan for treaty breach, UK refuses

webfact

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I did read it all.

The post of yours in question contained a quote; in full it is

So I ask again: how is a LIVE broadcast edited?

In separate posts I said I saw both the live and the Guardian (edited) versions. Read back properly and stop your nonsense.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

you are talking rubbish.

Johnson took over PM with the explicit intemtion of renogatiating the WA. His comments at the time , the WA had to bs scrapped. even saying no deal better than a bad deal

He was responsible fod the new NI protocol claimimg it was glorious success from the UK government.

What we now know , Johnson believed a bad deal was better than a no deal.

He wanted No Deal but Parliament blocked it.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/no-deal-brexit-officially-blocked-law-10711993/

So I put it to you Sir, that you are the one talking rubbish.

image.png.fa9f8299d6cc87388861d78d15d9af71.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

Me worried about Brexit, perhaps you can tell me why I would be....?  ????

the list is too long to enumerate each one of them.... be patient, wait and all (it) will come back to you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

But your comment that it was edited was in direct response to @Airbagwill saying he watched the whole think live. Otherwise, why quote him?

It is the live broadcast I'm interested in, not anyone's edited highlights, whether they be yours, The Guardians or anyone else's.

Johnson was humiliated. The full, unedited version, broadcast live, shows this.

Seems it made your day.......????

Do you miss ol' Corby and Co.....?  ????

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:
5 hours ago, transam said:

Me worried about Brexit, perhaps you can tell me why I would be....?  ????

the list is too long to enumerate each one of them.... be patient, wait and all (it) will come back to you

Be fair, @Mavideol.

Like most Brexiteers here, @transam lives in Thailand so will suffer few, if any, of the effects of Brexit; unless he relies on a UK pension for his income. But even then it will be a few years before he suffers the full effect.

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Seems it made your day.......????

Do you miss ol' Corby and Co.....?  ????

I do not care to see a British PM humiliated in front of the world. But with this current buffoon it's happening all too often.

Corby and Co? The trouser press manufacturers? They're still in business.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Be fair, @Mavideol.

Like most Brexiteers here, @transam lives in Thailand so will suffer few, if any, of the effects of Brexit; unless he relies on a UK pension for his income. But even then it will be a few years before he suffers the full effect.

if that's the case he may have some relatives/acquaintances there that could be directly affected by it or I don't see his reason for being so uptight about the all process, maybe he's bored  555

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Really?

You'd accept it?

Just like you accepted the decisions of what you repeatedly refer to as the traitorous Remainer Parliament?

You say that Parliament is sovereign; but it seems you only believe that when you agree with it!

Where have I ever not accepted the outcome of the referendum, any elections, or any previous laws?  Put up or shut up...

It is not me (or any remainer I know of)  that claimed that one of the benefits of Brexit was regaining Sovereignty.  It has, however oft been cited by Brexiters.

PH

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

Correct, I'm in the UK.

So will suffer the effects much sooner than you ex pats.

Just hang in there, or you could get in a rubber dinghy from Camber Sands and head to the place you adore, eh....There will be return trips soon, as the one way ones are really taking off.......????

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Just hang in there, or you could get in a rubber dinghy from Camber Sands and head to the place you adore, eh....There will be return trips soon, as the one way ones are really taking off.......????

Yes he can join all the English immigrants that will be heading for the EU come January ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes he can join all the English immigrants that will be heading for the EU come January ????

12 people + some of their kids, all English acquaintances of mine,  applied for French, Spanish and/or Portuguese nationality

• Like 2

What is going to happen now to your already low pensions?

Do any of you UK people ever asked what the heck your country does with the money?

You have the worst pension in the western world.

UK has lowest state pension of any developed country - OECD. British workers currently look forward to the lowest state pension of any developed country, according to a new report from a leading economic think tank.

The above is from a UK article the UK ranks the worst pension in the developed world below poverty level in many western countries.

Very sad situation in the UK that now may get worse.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Phulublub said:
58 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Really?

You'd accept it?

Just like you accepted the decisions of what you repeatedly refer to as the traitorous Remainer Parliament?

You say that Parliament is sovereign; but it seems you only believe that when you agree with it!

Where have I ever not accepted the outcome of the referendum, any elections, or any previous laws?  Put up or shut up...

It is not me (or any remainer I know of)  that claimed that one of the benefits of Brexit was regaining Sovereignty.  It has, however oft been cited by Brexiters.

I'm sorry; but you seem to be labouring under a misapprehension.

Although quoting you as well as JonnyF, I was actually replying to JonnyF's response to you.

56 minutes ago, 7by7 said:
1 hour ago, JonnyF said:
2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

So if Parliament votes against Johnson's Bill, you will be content, happy and in full agreement then?

PH

Happy? Absolutely not.

But guess what? I will accept the decision like an adult because I believe in Democracy and Democratic process. Do you Remainers remember that word? Or has 4 years of being an irritating, condescending, vocal minority trying (but ultimately failing) to overturn Democratic votes finally taken it's toll?

Really?

You'd accept it?

Hope that's clear.

41 minutes ago, transam said:

Places I adore? 

Where do you think they are, then?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Indeed; it seems he wants to ensure he retains the rights he was partly responsible for taking away from the rest of us.

There's a word for that; begins with hypo and ends with crite.

How does that make him a hypocrite? 

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Because he's made sure he will retain the rights he has worked to deny the rest of us!

He's saying that we can't have those rights while making damn sure he keeps them.

I don't see how I can make it any clearer.

Does everyone not have the right to marry anyone that will have them?