Dolphinarium

EVENKEEL

7 minutes ago, 2long said:

All shows like this (with intelligent animals such as dolphins, orang utans, elephants and more) are cruel and evil and every attendee is contributing to the suffering of innocent animals.

It was a good show.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

I'm sure it was a good show for you, but maybe not so for the dolphins...

If you want to meet dolphins, go meet them in their environment. Much more rewarding.

Yeah whatever. Great fun for the kids.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yeah whatever. Great fun for the kids.

I fully appreciate your comment about the kids enjoying. But we really should consider our choices when thinking about this type

of entertainment. I have been privileged to see these creatures in the wild in vast oceans offshore as a commercial diver, is a aquarium really the place for these 

creatures, Ive visited animals in Zoo's and seen then on Safari when you consider the comparison of space they have to live their lives there really is no comparison 

Example an enclosure a few hundred square feet Savo East national park in Kenya 11,000 sq Kilometres. National geographic is great we can see these animals in great definition we really don't need to keep them enclosed for our pleasure & enjoyment. We need to encourage our young people to go & visit these animals in their environment or at  least put it on their bucket list. tell them tales of great things to go and explore

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Just 2 farang maybe  going to get deportation from Thailand coz dive  ! Still they have show like this! Money talks! Where is they sea life "protection" now!?

Just curious, but before criticize Thailand again,

which western country doesn't have such shows ?

Sounds like a great show.

I can't understand all the negative posts as these shows are all around the World? Maybe we should worry more about the elephants, tigers and those poor crocodiles that have a head shoved in their mouth every day for the camera

Edited by aussiexpat

59 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Just curious, but before criticize Thailand again,

which western country doesn't have such shows ?

This is a Thailand website and forum.  The method the Thai's use for "training" animals for such shows has not been shown to be of global standards in he past.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Sounds like a great show.

I can't understand all the negative posts as these shows are all around the World? Maybe we should worry more about the elephants, tigers and those poor crocodiles that have a head shoved in their mouth every day for the camera

You call yourself an Aussiexpat? Show me a place in Australia where this happen.

This is just one of thousands shows being stopped

The Dolphin Show at SeaWorld, Orlando, Florida. ... “SeaWorld has stopped treating dolphins like surfboards and will soon stop making trainers stand on their faces in demeaning circus-style shows.” But SeaWorld says the organization had nothing to do with the decision to phase out the dolphin stunts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

The ignorant people that enjoy these shows with no respect for wild animals have zero self respect for themselves.

Unusual for the “do you eat meat” argument not to be thrown in yet by the animal botherers.

I'll guess that Meat Pie 47 eats meat.

If the dolphins lived in the sea near Pattaya they would have to contend with all the plastic and other garbage in there. If they are such intelligent creatures how did they allow themselves to get caught?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, champers said:

I'll guess that Meat Pie 47 eats meat.

If the dolphins lived in the sea near Pattaya they would have to contend with all the plastic and other garbage in there. If they are such intelligent creatures how did they allow themselves to get caught?

You obviously haven't seen the show. Some guy leant over the side of the boat, waving a fish in the air, and the dolphins just jump straight into the boat. Amazing Thailand!

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

This is a Thailand website and forum.  The method the Thai's use for "training" animals for such shows has not been shown to be of global standards in he past.  

What method of training dolphins do the Thai's use ?

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What method of training dolphins do the Thai's use ?

Learning by rote. Its the only teaching method Thais know.

More recently, as they're considered part of the tourist industry, they teach the dolphins in Mandarin Chinese.

Edited by polpott

8 hours ago, johnbarpic said:

I fully appreciate your comment about the kids enjoying. But we really should consider our choices when thinking about this type

of entertainment. I have been privileged to see these creatures in the wild in vast oceans offshore as a commercial diver, is a aquarium really the place for these 

creatures, Ive visited animals in Zoo's and seen then on Safari when you consider the comparison of space they have to live their lives there really is no comparison 

Example an enclosure a few hundred square feet Savo East national park in Kenya 11,000 sq Kilometres. National geographic is great we can see these animals in great definition we really don't need to keep them enclosed for our pleasure & enjoyment. We need to encourage our young people to go & visit these animals in their environment or at  least put it on their bucket list. tell them tales of great things to go and explore

Yep, dolphins are awesome. I too have seen them in the wild from the  decks of many ships around the world. It never gets old. And I took my kid and her friend to a dolphin show. It was amazing. Can't remember the last time I saw one. Must have been at Sea World in Vallejo. They have been doing these shows or similar for a very long time.

Have you seen the Dolphinarium in Pattaya? Guess I shouldn't talk about the other attractions here locally like Monster Aquarmium or the zoo that the kids love.