Thaitanics Charity Shop

yaimar

Thanks, yaimar. Don't feel sad. It's run it's course & HH is not the right place for a charity shop. I'm fine - and the dog center is still going. :D Shop will close on 9th June & anything left I'll pm you about. If you want it, it will go to Phuket for Thaitanics. No problems. :o If you have any questions you think I could help with, let me know. I'll help in any way I can. No, you weren't the first, I'm afraid. We've (charity shop) been going for 3 years - I don't know if anyone else has been going longer?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, yaimar. Don't feel sad. It's run it's course & HH is not the right place for a charity shop. I'm fine - and the dog center is still going. :D Shop will close on 9th June & anything left I'll pm you about. If you want it, it will go to Phuket for Thaitanics. No problems. :o If you have any questions you think I could help with, let me know. I'll help in any way I can. No, you weren't the first, I'm afraid. We've (charity shop) been going for 3 years - I don't know if anyone else has been going longer?
post =1324991

Well there are a milion questions .I will not work in the shop, but will continue to raise funds and collect, wash, repair. etc what about vat etc . and was it worth it ?did it work for you ? I see three years. so I guess it did . plus the biggy WE still need unwanted items

Ive nearly got rid of mine. be throwing in the Tv next

So come on you wonderfull thai visa people help donate donate donate make a diferance

Wish I knew how to post a photo on this . If I could you would see the MKII trio trekker car Ive made for the triplets , limo yeah. it will be featured on channel 11 and i HOPE IN THE PHUKET POST. AS ITS PRESENTED TO MELISA THE mum, hope fully by the donor

it will be done outside the thaitanics charity shop in saiyuan Rawai ,just around the corner from

Mimi,s date as yet uncertain about 1000 mters on the right near car hire and M=p massage. as you go towards Nai Harn Lagoon yaimar

Wish I knew how to post a photo on this . If I could you would see the MKII trio trekker car Ive made for the triplets , limo yeah.

Tony when you reply do a full reply instead of a quick one and below the box where you type your text in is a box that says attachments.

Hit the browse button, find the file -> ok -> click upload

And then when you post your msg you'll have the photo there.

Hi there Tony,

Well, we're all finished here & there is LOADS of stuff left over! It's mainly clothes, but there is a little artwork, 2 electric typewriters, a cassette/radio/CD player, VCDs & DVDs, some non-English books, household goods, cheap jewellery etc etc. Are you interested? There will be quite a lot of stuff, I warn you. I'll be sorting it out on Wednesday & boxing it up.

Do you need coathangers/clotheshangers? I can send those, too, if you need them. My plan is to send it down on overnight bus from here to Phuket (I did that with dog food at the time of the tsunami). Can someone from Thaitanics meet the bus & collect the stuff? I think it gets into Phuket town at about 6am. I might need to send it in 2 separate loads, as it might be too much to send in one.

Alternatively, is anyone on the forum driving down to Phuket via Hua Hin in the near future? If so, please pm me if you can take some stuff to Tony for me. Thanks :o

Best of luck Tony. I'll pm you when I have organised transport. :D

Hi there Tony,

Well, we're all finished here & there is LOADS of stuff left over! It's mainly clothes, but there is a little artwork, 2 electric typewriters, a cassette/radio/CD player, VCDs & DVDs, some non-English books, household goods, cheap jewellery etc etc. Are you interested? There will be quite a lot of stuff, I warn you. I'll be sorting it out on Wednesday & boxing it up.

Do you need coathangers/clotheshangers? I can send those, too, if you need them. My plan is to send it down on overnight bus from here to Phuket (I did that with dog food at the time of the tsunami). Can someone from Thaitanics meet the bus & collect the stuff? I think it gets into Phuket town at about 6am. I might need to send it in 2 separate loads, as it might be too much to send in one.

Alternatively, is anyone on the forum driving down to Phuket via Hua Hin in the near future? If so, please pm me if you can take some stuff to Tony for me. Thanks :o

Hi there Tony,

november rain post 1351739= 2007.o6- 09

wow november rain we are doing cartwheels here. yes i can collect from bus depot .if you tell me where what company etc

We would like all you can send as our our stock has never been large .

just in passing should you decide to visit phuket we can put you up in our" halfway house ". situated in very pleasant quite area thanking you in advance yaimar

I'm glad I found this thread. I have some nice work clothes, casual clothes and bras that are all in good shape that I've been wanting to donate, but I haven't heard of anywhere to donate them until now. I also have some kitchen items, like a food steamer that I can donate as well. Do you accept all of these?

You collect too. That's great. I'll wait for your reply and I'll e-mail you once I have the things together.

:o

natalie8= 2007-04-30=

yaimar and mrs. 2007-06-14 . Dear natalie 8. it was a pleasure to meet you. and accept your super donations to our charity shop . we want to thank you publicly for your help, and dont forget our door.

is always open for you, when in rawai yaimar

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there Tony,

=November Rain date=2007-06-09 post =1351739

hi november rain I will be returning to phuket from lao this month in my truck I could call in and bring your left over stock to phuket my self.

and save your cash,

[ wouldf love it now as we will be having tv and media coverage very soon] but am not desperate . please call me if we can link up later in the month yaimar 0898724450 thanks

To see or download mini-video of Interview with Tony Pope, Assistant Manager of ‘Thaitanics’ NGO, go to http://www.thaisnews.com/news_detail.php?newsid=214187

Our interview is with Tony Pope, Assistant Manager of ‘Thaitanics’ NGO, who runs a Safe Home for abused or underprivileged Thai women & now a fund raising ‘Second Hand’ Shop in Nai Harn, which opens Tuesday/Thursday/Saturdays 11am-3pm but can be contacted for out of hours deliveries or purchases. One of the women, Melisa, mother of 3 baby triplets, 9 months old, were abandoned by their German father, so Tony has just built a ‘Trio Trekker’ for the 3 babies, so their mother can travel around independently. But first he tells us more about Thaitanics: ……..... Contact: [email protected] Tel. 089 - 8724450 Shop on west side of road from Rawai to Nai Harn

Interview for Andaman News TV11 (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 Phuket City, both broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, 8.30am & maybe later on Phuket Cable TV Channel 1, Friday 6 July 2007 & www.Thaisnews.com {Our news text and mini-videos can be freely copied, but give credit to Andaman News TV11 Phuket or contact [email protected]}