After folks get the vaccine, what will happen re inter. travel & quarantine?

scorecard

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

He's also under the delusion that there will be a COVID vaccine (7 strains currently running around, SARs, MERS, common cold, etc.). They haven't managed to produce one in the past 10 years, why does everyone assume they will be able to make on now?

Even if, as expected, they do produce a vaccine why does anyone assume it'll be safe to use without the usual years of trials?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Agenda 21 which the COVID pandemic is designed to help fulfil, requires limited International travel for all but the elite.  Vaccine may help and Donald Trump could delay things if he wins but many airlines will eventually go out of business and flights will become more expensive I should think. 
This is all openly admitted although they would use the word, claimed, by the DG of the UN and many others including the Pope recently.   Incidentally it makes the rhetorical question "is the Pope a Catholic" meaningless if you consider a belief in God to be a Catholic tenet. 

I never trusted reptilians......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 2:48 PM, BritManToo said:

The general population want cheap international travel.

Not sure any government really wants that, having people locked at home alone is the clear aim of the new world order.

Who benefits from that?

And that new world order is wanted by both right wing (f ex UK) and left wing (f ex Spain) governments? But not by Bolsanaro or Loekasjenko? Please explain.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:46 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

bill gates wet dream

so you want to vaccinate 60.000.000+ people in thailand

in a country with 58 deaths in 7 months ?

makes TOTALLY sense

How many should die before it makes sense?

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 11:03 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

You are missing IF they develop a vaccine.

There will be a vaccine whether it works or not, the great danger being that the virus dies out before manufacturers can cash in.

Imagine there could be country related issues. Thailand would likely go with a Chinese vaccine, the way the politics currently are this may not be acceptable to the West. In retaliation Chinese vaccine countries may then not recognize Western vaccines. Things could get quite interesting with travel limited to the "correct" vaccine zones.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 7:02 PM, scorecard said:

I hope the WHO are already well advanced on this subject...

Yes, the WHO updated its vaccination certificate in 2005 to this version:

https://www.who.int/ihr/IVC200_06_26.pdf

This looks quite adequate for recording the SARS-CoV-2 vaccination, if and when it becomes available.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, placnx said:

...1) Vaccine bottles should come with a quantity of bar code stickers equal to the doses in the bottle, so that when a person is vaccinated the sticker would be put on their card along with place and date of vaccination. This bar code would identify the vaccine and production lot...

I have already seen a vaccine label used once in my WHO vaccination certificate, but without bar or QR code:

vaccine label.png

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

I have already seen a vaccine label used once in my WHO vaccination certificate, but without bar or QR code:

vaccine label.png

Hopefully the WHO and all countries are already well prepared in terms of issuing the WHO Vaccination Certificate and the process of recording the Covid 19 immunization on the certificate.

6 hours ago, Rancid said:

There will be a vaccine whether it works or not, the great danger being that the virus dies out before manufacturers can cash in.

Imagine there could be country related issues. Thailand would likely go with a Chinese vaccine, the way the politics currently are this may not be acceptable to the West. In retaliation Chinese vaccine countries may then not recognize Western vaccines. Things could get quite interesting with travel limited to the "correct" vaccine zones.

Well let's hope trump doesn't decide to play political games with this, but it won't surprise me if he does. 

Edited by scorecard

On 10/6/2020 at 4:04 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Even if, as expected, they do produce a vaccine why does anyone assume it'll be safe to use without the usual years of trials?

So let's all keep our fingers crossed / keep positive that all / most of the vaccines in trial are effective.

• Like 1

It's going to take a long time for Americans to forget about the countries that have completely snubbed them. In the meantime, U.S. travelers are falling in love with new destinations that have become their go-to vacation spot for years to come. 

Americans are going to be among the first in the world to be vaccinated. In 2021, we're going to see a proof of vaccination record (POVR) become the ultimate entry ticket to almost every country and 325 million Americans could be holding one by the end of the year.  

In the meantime, Americans have been falling in love with new countries they haven't seen before after being locked out of their original target destinations. 

Kristie Sullivan from Minnesota told Travel Off Path “We were planning to go to Thailand for a few months but ended up in Croatia. We love it so much in Croatia that we've had some conversations about buying a vacation property here.”

Source: https://www.traveloffpath.com/why-many-american-travelers-may-never-return-to-countries-that-have-locked-them-out/

On 10/8/2020 at 6:53 AM, tgeezer said:

Agenda 21 which the COVID pandemic is designed to help fulfil, requires limited International travel for all but the elite.  Vaccine may help and Donald Trump could delay things if he wins but many airlines will eventually go out of business and flights will become more expensive I should think. 
This is all openly admitted although they would use the word, claimed, by the DG of the UN and many others including the Pope recently.   Incidentally it makes the rhetorical question "is the Pope a Catholic" meaningless if you consider a belief in God to be a Catholic tenet. 

I don't know about agenda 21, but given I've been calling for the end of cheap mass air travel that is something I support. Mass air travel has destroyed far too many countries for me to support it, and it also pollutes the upper atmosphere just so people can sunbathe in a different country. Sooner it goes the better, IMO.

Train travel is far, far better, IMO.

International travel used to be by ship, which is how I traveled with my family as a child. It can return.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know about agenda 21, but given I've been calling for the end of cheap mass air travel that is something I support. Mass air travel has destroyed far too many countries for me to support it, and it also pollutes the upper atmosphere just so people can sunbathe in a different country. Sooner it goes the better, IMO.

Train travel is far, far better, IMO.

International travel used to be by ship, which is how I traveled with my family as a child. It can return.

except... travel by train is more expensive than by plane. slower too.

no, I think the future lies in a change of fuel type. planes will use hydrogen to power their engines, and on the ground, engineers will develop highly efficient ways to produce hydrogen and to keep it stable for use in engines. that is the future, not some kind of "ascetic way".

by the way, ships are heavy polluters.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tgw said:

except... travel by train is more expensive than by plane. slower too.

no, I think the future lies in a change of fuel type. planes will use hydrogen to power their engines, and on the ground, engineers will develop highly efficient ways to produce hydrogen and to keep it stable for use in engines. that is the future, not some kind of "ascetic way".

by the way, ships are heavy polluters.

Yes ships pollute too, but they carry more than planes so it's a trade off, and they don't pollute the upper atmosphere.

My beef with planes isn't the fuel they use but that they carry the destroyers of countries with mass travel.

Yes trains are slower, but far, far more enjoyable. If air travel reduced significantly and more traveled by train they'd get cheaper. Trains in LOS are very cheap.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes ships pollute too, but they carry more than planes so it's a trade off, and they don't pollute the upper atmosphere.

My beef with planes isn't the fuel they use but that they carry the destroyers of countries with mass travel.

Yes trains are slower, but far, far more enjoyable. If air travel reduced significantly and more traveled by train they'd get cheaper. Trains in LOS are very cheap.

well, in Switzerland, trains are usually packed and are horribly expensive like the rest of mass transit there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In answer to several commenters:

1) the use of apps would not be by the vaccinees but rather those who check the WHO QR certificate. So it is irrelevant whether travelers have up-to-date cellphones;

2) the 2005 updated WHO card would not be adequate, and current vaccine stickers would not be sufficient,

because the whole point of bar code and QR code is to collect data in real time, to verify the authenticity and validity of vaccinations, and otherwise detect other relevant anomalies, all this on a unified international basis, at first between cooperating countries, then hopefully with the acquiescence of WHO.

Eventually I will update the WHO QR card concept after feedback.

• 10 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:02 PM, BritManToo said:

He's also under the delusion that there will be a COVID vaccine (7 strains currently running around, SARs, MERs, common cold, etc.). They haven't managed to produce one in the past 10 years, why does everyone assume they will be able to make on now?

With mRNA technology there is more hope, but it's still the Holy Grail.