Sixteen year old girl found electrocuted by father while doing her homework

webfact

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I agree that's a good start.

I must admit I had to look up 'GCFI' - 'ground-fault circuit interrupter', as it wasn't an abbreviation I'd heard before.

Being a realist, I think it would be better if the PEA also wanted a photo of the grounding electrode.

Having said all, that it's still not proof the photos were the installation in the customer's premises. It would be more responsible if the PEA visited the customer and did their own inspection before reconnecting the supply.

Perhaps eventually...

Actually the ground rod isn't necessary for the fault interrupters to work properly. The name is a misnomer. 

They work by sensing a current  imbalance between the Line and Neutral. It is assumed if they don't closely match then a fault current is finding another path whether through metal or flesh. 

This is an old story. Happens several times a year globally. 

Cheap chargers can be very expensive after all. 

As always I post about the high quality of Anker brand chargers through their official store on Lazada. I get no kickback as some cynic always asserts. However if my post saves even one life or one house then I'm willing to suffer the ridicule. 

I do it because as an electronic design engineer I had long telephone discussions with their designers before deciding to buy all my chargers from Anker. Even buying name brand chargers like Samsung or Apple doesn't guarantee you're getting one. Fraud is rampant in this particular market. 

It's important to note that even cheap chargers that are powered by car battery cannot cause electrocution though they might catch fire.