Should My Filtered Tap Water Taste Like Rubber?

julesdick

Am I being poisioned......?

I have just moved to a house in Mae Rim and the house has one of these British Waterfill steel filtration units. It has 2 bigger tanks (one carbon, one resin) at the back and a smaller ceramic tank at the front.

The landlady told me it would be 1500 to change all 3 but when I suggested she should pay, it turned out that the ceramic filter didnt need changing after all. So I paid 900B to have the two bigger cyclinders emptied and refilled which took about 40 minutes and included an amusing moment when water squirted out the top of one tank all over the landlady.

I then went to Laos for a week and when I came back the water had a brown tint to it. Got the sevice man back and he said it was because I'd left it unused for a week. He messed with it for a while and said now its ok - but now the water tastes like rubber or resin....

Anyone know if this is normal?

Cheers

Mr Paranoid

Many of these filters need to be well washed through for a while before the water tastes normal. Whenever I change the filter materials, I find it always takes a week or so before the water is back to normal.