Charming! Neighbors use empty house as if it was their own!

rooster59

If he came back after four years and the only thing wrong is damaged fittings and air cons, he is lucky. A fire, burst water pipe, or any other number of things could've totally destroyed the home. He should consider himself lucky that all he got was squatters who were willing to leave when he returned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, dia1 said:

If he came back after four years and the only thing wrong is damaged fittings and air cons, he is lucky. A fire, burst water pipe, or any other number of things could've totally destroyed the home. He should consider himself lucky that all he got was squatters who were willing to leave when he returned.

Ah so you think if i go on holiday for 2 weeks i will be lucky if i find squatters in my house, rest assured they would leave faster than they arrived.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Artisi said:

After 10 years "Squatters Rights" come into play, luckily at this stage it's on 4 years. 

Luckily it wasn´t in Spain, where "Squatters Rights" come into play after 48 hours.

• Haha 2

It just seems to be the Thai way. My wife and FIL have taken over about 1/2 rai of adjoining land for a vegetable garden. I cleared it to protect our house from fires and also snakes and they immediately took it over with no shame. The absentee owner knows but has said nothing but does not mind the vegetables when she visits.

Another case of Thais not caring.

The owners always leave the house to fall into ruin.  Then one day they decide to rent it at full price like nothing happened.  If you act like an ass, don't get insulted if people ride you.

I know a few guys that can't get back to their wives or girlfriends because of corvid. The neighbors are using them up as much as possible.  And the monthly money sent keeps everyone happy. It is a good time to be in thailand.