Covid-19 Insanity Continues?

Tounge Thaied

46 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm of the opinion it is a combination of factors protecting Thailand from mass infection. Either that, or herd immunity was already achieved by a less virulent strain of Covid coming from Wuhan through Thailand. I reject the hypothesis it's a cover-up, because Thais are the most socially-connected people on the planet. Facebook and Twitter would be erupting if there were increased levels of sickness and  deaths in the villages.

I compare the Thai and Australian data, because they closed their borders only one or two weeks apart. Australia first, I understand.

Thailand 3600 cases, 59 deaths. Australia 27,000 odd cases, nearly 900 deaths.

In the year leading up to the pandemic, Thailand had 12 million Chinese visitors. Australia had 1.4 million.

I don't know what's going on, but I do know Thailand's apparent immunity is going to generate a truckload of Ph.D theses.

Whether their numbers are accurate is anyone’s guess but the one thing we do know is that they are natural born liars as the Chinese phantom plane has shown. 

So so my guess is they are tosh 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Whether their numbers are accurate is anyone’s guess but the one thing we do know is that they are natural born liars as the Chinese phantom plane has shown. 

So so my guess is they are tosh 

I prefer facts and logic to guessing.

Just because the TAT are liars, it doesn't mean the medical profession is.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Oh callous youth.

Don't make idiotic assumptions about what other people have lived through.

Remember another virus the Aids plague before there were effective treatments and still no vaccine?

Of course you couldn't.

you haven't lived for 70 odd years ? 

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's no accident COVID-19 clusters occur wherever there is meat processing, it obviously loves protein.

In this article they say the reason Sars Cov 2 likes meat works is because of the temperature.

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/how-to-disinfect-phone-covid-19/12758454

Gates is spending his money on this. He's not out for personal profit in his public health activities.  He doesn't need any more money.

It is true that government subsidies create profits for drug companies for vaccines. I never said differently. But that actually shows that when there is a free market without government involvement in general drug companies are not interested in developing vaccines.

7 minutes ago, roxnadz said:

You can't technically die of COVID-19. You die of complications from COVID-19. But COVID-19 itself doesn't cause any death.

Those people would not have died when they did if they hadn't been infected with this virus. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1

People also not die from flu , they die from other things like pneumonia .

There is not a single AIDS death in the world and in fact never has been . AIDS/HIV does not kill people . They die from things they get because their immune system is weakened .

There are many people who died from Covid , which were not death if they didn't get Covid . Stop denying it . Having lost 4 family members , of which 1 was very old ( so she could have died also by now 5 months on ) and the 3 others werent young but they had no special conditions ( just normal things for any +60y old ) , i can certainly tell you that it can hit hard and fast , or can be very mild .

22 hours ago, sezze said:

That generation is your parents or grandparents .... i hope they hear it from you that you hate them ... . And no i do not belong to that generation , but that generation worked for what you got now , including you could go to Thailand before , and you can write stupid things on the internet , and so many more things .

I'm that generation, and I hate it.

23 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:
Blatant distortion of facts published on the CDC website? Your response is what is distorted.

Comorbidities

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. 

See Table 3 https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI#Comorbidities

image.png.a133658584171c47fb827995b725f5dd.png

image.png.29cd2cac702fdeab5fcf8dd9b6b8aaff.png

In New York state, just over 86% of reported COVID-19 deaths involved at least one comorbidity, according to the state’s department of health. https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hospitalist/article/220457/coronavirus-updates/comorbidities-rule-new-yorks-covid-19-deaths

Facts.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/cdc-did-not-admit-only-6-of-recorded-deaths-from-covid-19/

CDC Did Not ‘Admit Only 6%’ of Recorded Deaths from COVID-19

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn’t drastically reduced the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, but posts making that bogus claim have been circulating widely — with the help of President Donald Trump, who retweeted one such claim on Aug. 30.

Twitter has since removed the original tweet, which came from an account dedicated to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. But the claim is still readily available on all the major social media platforms. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:
Blatant distortion of facts published on the CDC website? Your response is what is distorted.

Comorbidities

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The number of deaths with each condition or cause is shown for all deaths and by age groups. 

See Table 3 https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR2-muRM3tB3uBdbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI#Comorbidities

image.png.a133658584171c47fb827995b725f5dd.png

image.png.29cd2cac702fdeab5fcf8dd9b6b8aaff.png

In New York state, just over 86% of reported COVID-19 deaths involved at least one comorbidity, according to the state’s department of health. https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hospitalist/article/220457/coronavirus-updates/comorbidities-rule-new-yorks-covid-19-deaths

Co-morbidity, shmomorbidity. Would they have died if they had not contracted coronavirus? It's not a difficult question.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:15 PM, Brunolem said:

Not to mention that, as per the CDC itself, only around 6% of the deaths are fully related to covid 19, the other 94% being deaths WITH covid 19 from people suffering of multiple co-morbities. 

Fauchi doesn't agree with you on that. 

25 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Co-morbidity, shmomorbidity. Would they have died if they had not contracted coronavirus? It's not a difficult question.

Yes, most likely.

Just as other comorbid patients do, when they contract pneumonia, for example.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 6:40 AM, sezze said:

Do you really believe you got no future ? Better find a high building then ...

Yes , it is bad , NOW . And yes 2020 had been a bad year , and maybe even 21 will be a bad year , too early to tell . But they will find vaccine and therapies , and will find ways to get back to normal status . The normal status might not be like the old status , like every big thing , it leaves tracks through society , but all will be more or less like 2019 again in a few years . Do not be so depressed , the glass isn't half empty , but it isn't half full also .

Far fewer have died following the second wave. Tiotal deaths will increase but the death rate is decreasing - probably due to a combination of factors - better therapies and the virus naturally becoming less virulent (which they tend to do over time). The 1918 pandemic took a couple of years to pass - one either died form it or got infected then immune. That was with 1/4 of the current world's population. This one will run 3-5 years without a vaccine coming in that time. 

• Like 1

This subject has been done to death so many times and gets the usual tin foil hat brigade out in numbers, strongly followed by the 'well tuberculosis/diarreah/flu/poverty' kills more sub set.

The truth is C19 has killed 1 million SO FAR. That's in 7 months AND with lockdown. There are no ways to predict how many would have died but Imperial College London saying the "death toll would have been huge" without lockdown, predicting 3 million would have died in Europe alone without lockdown   https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52968523 and other models predicting as much as 40 million deaths worlwide  https://www.businessinsider.com/covid19-model-predicts-40-million-people-could-die-without-interventions-2020-3

These are huge numbers and dwarf any of your 'but, but what about (insert disease)'? 

The economic effect alone from these extrapolated numbers would devastate most advanced economies never mind 3rd world nations and is why so many countries and governments have reacted they way they have (some much better than others). Yes, the economic effects of continued lockdown is extremely worrying to most (myself included having had to cut my staff dramatically) but if you can step away from your personal anecdotes and whataboutism you will see that currently there are very few options available to governments other than stick with the same ol' same ol' until a tried and tested vaccine becomes available. Lets keep our fingers crossed this is very soon.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Dr on CNN this morning said anyone that dies with both diabetes and corona died of corona. I took it as meaning that anyone that dies of anything but has corona infection will be regarded as dying of corona.

How many times does this need to be gone over.

If you have terminal cancer but are shot, what is put as the cause of death? Obviously death by gunshot. You have diabetes but Covid 19 precipitated your death, what is the COD?......... obviously Covid

It's that simple.

• Like 1