Pitbulls owner finally gives up her pets

webfact

1 hour ago, sungod said:
1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

So........can you explain why they are banned in 12 countries, including the UK which is a dog loving nation?

So far, I haven't seen you "displaying" your knowledge on the subject. You could start by answering the above question.

Personal experience in responsibly owning one, and training it. Makes a great pet.

Next question?

Keyboard warriors/ google searchers need not reply.

A great pet doesn’t need to be kept away from children for fear of killing them !!!

The question I have for any dog owner, especially those of a breed considered dangerous... “Would you put a 5 year old child alone in a room with your Dog?”.....

• Like 1

These threads on dangerous dogs always devolve into what is essentially a nature versus nurture argument.

Those that advocate that there is no such thing as a dangerous dog if it's trained right, totally ignore the genetic make-up of the dog.

If training is the true answer, then, you should be able to train greyhounds to herd sheep, Labradors to point, Chihuahuas to go down holes to kill rabbits and whippets to fetch downed birds in the marshes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Nothing wrong with pitbulls, it is the human who make the dog, any dog.

Woman was depressed , so also the dogs and she didnt care for them as she should.

Many people cant handle their dog(s), they do wrong.

Watch cesar millan on youtube, make a good living on rehabilitating dogs, because their owners cant.

So.......can you answer why 12 countries have banned this breed as a dangerous dog?

You sure you want to use Caesar Millan as a source?

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/national-international/dog-whisperer-cesar-millan-under-investigation-for-possible-animal-cruelty/122101/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animal-emotions/201204/did-cesar-millan-have-hang-the-husky

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/11/entertainment/dog-whisperer-cesar-millan-investigated-animal-cruelty-feat/index.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Nothing wrong with pitbulls, it is the human who make the dog, any dog.

Woman was depressed , so also the dogs and she didnt care for them as she should.

Many people cant handle their dog(s), they do wrong.

Watch cesar millan on youtube, make a good living on rehabilitating dogs, because their owners cant.

Of course the humans who fail to look after these animals in the first place are clearly wrong. 

But that doesn’t protect children from getting mauled. 

Any stray dog should be taken of the streets, any means necessary.

Any dog with a history or biting someone should be removed from human contact, any means necessary. 

Any dogs considered a ‘dangerous breed’ should be kept by only those who can prove themselves responsible and accountable for such animals (i.e. should be vetting and obtain a licence). 

Its beyond my why anyone would want to keep a dog which has been bred with violence (fighting) in mind. 

I know people love their pets, but why is a Pit Bull more loveable than another dog? 

There is something about the ‘image’ of breeds which are considered dangerous which seems to attract the wrong types of owners in some cases. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Still can't answer the question of why they are banned in 12 countries?

Your explanation is subjective, not objective and therefore not valid.

You seem to enjoy living in a fact-free environment and that's OK. Just don't expect other people to join you there.

And you are still talking in riddles.....

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

A great pet doesn’t need to be kept away from children for fear of killing them !!!

The question I have for any dog owner, especially those of a breed considered dangerous... “Would you put a 5 year old child alone in a room with your Dog?”.....

Oh my, another 'googler' with no experience.......

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would you put a 5 year old child alone in a room with your Dog?”.....

Over the years we've had German Shepherds, Old English, Border Collies, assorted X breeds, currently we have two Chihuahuas.

In the UK our neighbours had a massive Rottie (Bruno) who was as soft as s**t, kids could climb all over him, the worst any of them suffered was being slobbered to death.

Would I leave a 5 year old with any of them? Absolutely not!

• Like 1

These killers are not just banned in 12 countries but districts within countries also, here are the US states with bans or restrictions, guess they are 'ignorant' as well ????. Louisiana - pit bulls are 'top level enemy', quite right.

1. Iowa: If you are a dog person, Iowa is not the place for you, having 72 cities with total bans and laws that ban owning different dog breeds.
  2. Kansas: This state has a whopping number of 77 cities with full bans and 90 towns with restrictive laws.
  3. Ohio: 24 cities in Ohio have tagged this breed illegal while others have labeled them vicious with restrictive laws.
  4. Missouri: This is one state that takes the ban very seriously, with 58 cities having outright bans and 89 cities having some variety of BSL.
  5. Wisconsin: In this state, 31 cities have complete bans or pit bulls, and 62 cities have BSL.
  6. Mississippi: in this state, Pit bulls are the objects of absolute scorn,  having 46 cities with breed legislations
  7. Arkansas: It has 40 cities with breed bans and affects other breeds too, like the American Bulldogs.
  8. Michigan: The restrictions her covers 36 cities; however, the target of the legislation affects to other breeds like Dalmatians, Dobermans, Siberian Huskies, etc.
  9. Louisiana: Here, pit bulls constitute top-level enemy category, having 32 cities with breed legislation, of which 6 of them is an outright ban.
  10. Kentucky: Has 31 cities with breed embargos or legislation

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Easily.

Most law makers and politicians do not live in low class neighbourhoods that are infested with owners of agressive dogs.

Next question?

Weak.........

I think the 12 countries that banned them prefer cats.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty desperate deflection.

Answering a question with a question just means you either don't know the answer, or, the answer doesn't support your position.

I would venture that most of those 181 countries don't have many pitbulls and secondly that they have far greater problems to resolve than dog legislation.

Now..........about your answer to those 12 countries banning the breed............

Well, I am talking from experience, no problems with the breed from me.

You experience is internet hearsay.....

• Haha 1

I'm sorry. Am I talking above your comprehension level?

How about this"-

Pitbulls bad. Kill people. 12 countries cannot have pitbull.

Can train dog. But why cannot train dog to do job of other dog?

Must be genes coz pitbull made to fight.

Nothing to do with comprehension, more do do with incoherent drivel you continue to post.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Over the years we've had German Shepherds, Old English, Border Collies, assorted X breeds, currently we have two Chihuahuas.

In the UK our neighbours had a massive Rottie (Bruno) who was as soft as s**t, kids could climb all over him, the worst any of them suffered was being slobbered to death.

Would I leave a 5 year old with any of them? Absolutely not!

Tend to agree with you there, just a ridiculous question in the first place.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

.....and is the 12 countries that have banned the breed also hearsay?

You still can't answer the question put to you.

Dude, u dont let up do you? ????

I think you need to get out more.........

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

An apartment is definitely not good place to keep dogs , especially 6 pitbulls .

Dogs need some land , ( and a fence or wall around it ) .

She should have never been allowed to move in an apartment with 6 dogs in the first place .

Maybe she wasn't....

5 minutes ago, sungod said:

Nothing to do with comprehension, more do do with incoherent drivel you continue to post.

Awwww.........that's not really an argument to prove your point now, is it?

Seems to me that once a person has to resort to personal insults instead of reason and logic, then they have lost the argument.

You're not very good at this, are you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KarenBravo said:

Awwww.........that's not really an argument to prove your point now, is it?

Seems to me that once a person has to resort to personal insults instead of reason and logic, then they have lost the argument.

You're not very good at this, are you.

Ah, right on cue!

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

Dude, u dont let up do you? ????

I think you need to get out more.........

You're right. I don't let up. You make claims that you can't back.

I like to push until people can see that for themselves.

As it has been raining nearly constantly here for the last 10 days, I'd love to follow your advice.

But I don't want to get wet just to see closed up businesses.

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Ah, right on cue!

Yup..........I'm not a quitter.

Well.....not until you answer the question that has been asked of you by two posters, multiple times.

Just in case you have forgotten.

Why have 12 countries banned the ownership of American Pit-bulls and classified them as dangerous dogs?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Yup..........I'm not a quitter.

Well.....not until you answer the question that has been asked of you by two posters, multiple times.

Just in case you have forgotten.

Why have 12 countries banned the ownership of American Pit-bulls and classified them as dangerous dogs?

Sorry mate, I'll get back to you later, need to take my family pitbull for a walk before the rain comes in.

The missus is out so I'm leaving the staffy in charge of the kids whilst I'm gone.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2020 at 11:14 AM, KarenBravo said:

Probably as those countries have people who mistreat dogs, especially the terriers. As they can be trainend as fight dogs to win money. All for a buck !

You didnt read my comment well. PEOPLE  MAKE THE DOG and it can be done good or right.

You have seen the movies about training for dogfight? Where they even let a mom dog terrier fight with her dog son? To see if the son was stronger already then his mom? Probably not, only complaining about Cesar.

About Cesar , yha i do see him as a good dog trainer. Of course when people see something going wrong then they complain and start pointing. So the same with Cesar. Cesar was Mexican and white (?) Americans cant stand (envy) he makes this good living, because dog owners cant handle and raise their dog.

Simple as that, discrimination, long live Americans. Then you start pointing and try to get him down.

No im still with Cesar as dog trainer. He made an error, always possible. But the blame is with the dog owners.

If dog owners did their job, Cesar didnt had this job.

Same as raising your kid as parent, if you dont guide them well, they will be criminals.

Same as having soldiers and you say it is alright to kill other people, but then when they come back, they cant anymore and you need trainers, to correct them. Otherwise they can end up in crime or homeless and dont care. Mentally broken down. We call it PTTS.

You are probably not aware of how the world turns. You probably live in a cocoon, manipulated with your eyes closed.

Frighting for you when you once wake up.

They should punish the owners of dogs as they are the problem. They already had the problem. Then nobody says a thing. Cesar has to built up again the dog, AS THEIR OWNERS didnt do, they didnt do a good raising of the dog.

Any dog can bite even the smallest, like a Chihuahua can be a pain in the ass or any other part of your body.

And why? As owners cant raise and handle their dog. Cesar handles all kind of dogs.

Once met i stray dog in Thailand, Phuket, she was so adorable nice, I would have taken her if i would have lived in Thailand. Stray dogs are also manipulated, as people dont want them and kick or throw something, beat them with a stick or what ever. They learn and then they come together and nature kicks in. Again you need a Cesar to change that.

• Sad 1