Visa advice with custody of Thai child

I am in the UK and have been for three years with my two half Thai children. I have full custody of my 5 year old daughter. We are desperate to get back to LOS, can anyone advise me as to the process we have to go through and what are my visa options for a long stay (they both have Thai and UK passports). I get it that we will have to isolate for two weeks, can we even do that with the three of us together in one room?

Edited by cliveuk

Time to start all over again after I removed several off topic posts.

To OP

You can apply for a certificate of entry at the embassy in London and a single entry non-o based upon being the parent of Thai.

General info is on the page for the London embassy website. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

And info for your situation can be found here. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562#4

After arriving here you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry the non-o visa will allow. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only when you apply or proof of 40k baht income. 

If you needed more time to get the financial proof for the one year extension you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child and then the one year extension of stay.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To OP

You can apply for a certificate of entry at the embassy in London and a single entry non-o based upon being the parent of Thai.

General info is on the page for the London embassy website. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

And info for your situation can be found here. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562#4

After arriving here you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry the non-o visa will allow. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only when you apply or proof of 40k baht income. 

If you needed more time to get the financial proof for the one year extension you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child and then the one year extension of stay.

I went to that place in London for that NON O as Parent and they advised they do not provide that option. This was 2 years ago. Some posh part of London something South was the name of the tube I think. 

40 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

I went to that place in London for that NON O as Parent and they advised they do not provide that option. This was 2 years ago. Some posh part of London something South was the name of the tube I think. 

South Kensington

51 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

When married to a Thai or having Thai kids you're allowed to apply for a CoE. 

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

To OP

Thanks for your full and quick answer, Just a quick follow-up. The 40k Baht income is that irrelevant of outgoings?

17 hours ago, Max69xl said:

When married to a Thai or having Thai kids you're allowed to apply for a CoE. 

I understand but what we read and what actually happens on the ground are not always the same. I am providing feedback based on my experience. 2 years ago trying to obtain a non O based on child. Got told by two people they do not provide that

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Out of interest, to what age can one obtain visa/extension based on support of Thai child? Is there an 18/19 yrs cut-off?

It based upon being the parent of Thai not to support them. There is no written age limit for it.

Some immigration offices or embassies/consulates will say the age of 20 years old is the maximum.

• Like 1