Where Can I Get Knives Sharpened In Bkk?

Furbie

Does anyone know where I can get kitchen knives sharpened in BKK. I have some very expensive German kitchen knives that have been dulled by a succession of GFs and maids. No jokes about sharp knives and Thai women please.

God, all the advice to do it myself. True, I could do it myself – I recall sharpening the old pocket knife while in the Boy Scouts - however, there are about a hundred things I could do around the house myself, but it just is not going to happen.

I will ask my maid to arrange it and see if that works, though I would be more comfortable taking it someplace that at least looked reputable in case something happened. I doubt the guy on the back of a bike with a sharpening stone could afford to replace it if he screwed up the blade somehow.

Have you looked at the ads above your post? There is something on knife sharpening...

These ads must rotate, because mine is for AV equipment.

For future people who may care about this, I found a hand held knife sharpener at Central, one where you simply pull the knife through and it has sharpening stones on each side. 1,500 Baht, works well – in so far as my knife can actually cut a piece of chili now.

Few places can do it in Pratunam market, have a look in the small soi.

My Thai wife just wipes the knife across the underside of a ceramic bowl (the unglazed part) and it's hellish sharp ... watch out what she does with knife later!! I just (sami baan) wash it with hot water and then it gets blunter!