Is your sweat destroying the furniture?

Daffy D

2 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Yes,good thinking,i forgot about that

a cheap option too.This 1 certainly cools me down + fan for xtra if needed ????

67B49B50-6181-4E47-A989-2E82EA16C1DE.jpeg

Just don't get it in your hoo ha.  Though I doubt Thailand will ever have class action lawsuits like they do in the USA.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

I had a cheap Casio wrist watch with a rubbery plastic band.  Over time, it started to dissolve and fell apart. 

Most of the Casio watches I bought in Asia (China and Thailand) weren't really Casio's.  The clarity of the pad printing on their face just wasn't up to snuff.    And the bands and the bezels gave up the ghost much faster than the Casio's I've bought in the states- some of which went over 10 years on the original batteries.  Still, lasted for years and kept great time.

I sweat a lot too if it is hot and muggy. I let my aircons run at full power until I have only 40 to 50% humidity. Then I switch them off until it goes up to 70 again. This takes a while because my windows and doors don't allow much exchange of the air. The low humidity combined with fans is perfect for me. It does not even cost much power. To reduce the temperature doesn't work for me. When the compressor of the aircon pauses humid air is blown back into the room. I could use dry mode but this takes longer than the aircons at full power for a while. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Haha 1

I'm feeling much better after reading the comments here, I'm not a fan of air con so I use two fans, cooling powder and plenty of water. My sweaty bum problem definitely improved by using the cooling powder.

One of my garden rocking chairs is rusting from sweaty arms though. It looks nice but next time I'll be buying plastic chairs next time.

• Haha 2

Yes, I have the same problem. I have an expensive desk, bought it for 14-15'000 Baht 10 years ago, but the sweat of my arm is killing it, see picture.

I wonder if this could be refurbished.

IMG20201026172448s.jpg

Edited by Dario
  • Haha 2

On 10/25/2020 at 5:25 PM, Daffy D said:

In the hot weather, especially if it's humid, I tend to sweat a lot.

My sweat must be extra toxic as it is destroying my plastic garden chair and the plastic on the arm of the computer chair.

The garden chair I'm not too worried about but the bubbly arms of the computer chair were starting to annoy me. 

I fixed the problem by wrapping the arms in that special gripping tape they use on racket handles. The tape is quite stretchy and melds to the contours of the arm quite well and seems to do the job.

Anyway thought I'd pass this on, might be of use to someone as sweaty as me :biggrin:

223751136_ChairArm.jpg.86c0d5a2c6c38663f3eaff3d3e2046a4.jpgTape_rotation.jpg.02429f92743ab16eb2f134889b7bafdf.jpg

:thumbsup:

so you had the bright idea to put a towel under you ass but couldn't think about any small fabric to put under your arms ?

you are 50% smart, it's good already !

On 10/25/2020 at 7:36 PM, jak2002003 said:

Get a fan and / or air con.

Wear clothes .... No direct skin contact to furniture

Air con set at 27 degrees is not expensive to run and takes all the humidity out of the air...which keep you feeling a lot cooler. 

Also the talcum powder really works. 

Even 28 is enough, but most people still do not understand this. They are so used to think that then it becomes difficult to have any correct idea.

• Like 1