Democrats raise concerns about U.S. Postal delays ahead of election

webfact

3 hours ago, dimitriv said:

It is not so much unable...  It is a conscious effort by 1 political party to make voting more difficult.

It is neither the Republicans, nor the Democrats, who are responsible for this mess, but rather the state, and the states!

Vote by mail, fine, but with one rule for the whole country, and that rule is (or should be) very simple:

the ballots should be received (not posted) by November 3rd, midnight, to be counted along with the in person votes!

Some states will keep on accepting mailed votes for weeks after November 3 ...ridiculous!

And with so many mailed votes, one wonder how it is possible to check if people have not voted twice, or more?

From outside, it feels like the system was built in order to facilitate fraud...Africa style...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

De Joy was appointed by Trump to specifically hold up mail in ballots to increase his chances of winning the election by any and every means possible .I am hoping that Biden wins by a landslide to show Trump just how much US citizens hate him .

The GOP SHOULD HAVE IMPEACHED HIM and now so many Republicans Senators are going to pay the ultimate price by being kicked out of office .

Trump was impeached.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:36 PM, cdemundo said:

I applaud the Election Commission in my state, California.  My ballot came to my home accompanied by a list of six ballot collection points within a 10 minute drive from my home.  The one I chose had no lines and plenty of free parking.  While I was there one voter dropped his ballot while I was walking to the ballot box, and a second voter dropped his off while I was walking back to my car.  No long lines. No voter suppression in my area of eastern LA suburbs.

And meanwhile, in Republic held areas, we have shameful vote suppression antics like this regarding drop-boxes for mail-in ballots:

Texas Supreme Court sides with governor on rule requiring one ballot drop box per county

(CNN)The Texas Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled in favor of Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's order to limit mail-in ballot drop box locations to one site per county, a decision that largely affects the Houston and Austin areas.

The court ruled that Abbott's order "provides Texas voters more ways to vote in the November 3 election than does the Election Code" and that it doesn't "disenfranchise anyone."

Opponents of Abbott's order had argued it exceeded the governor's authority and also created an unjust burden on voters in larger counties to travel far distances to drop off their ballots. Critics also argued it increased voters' risk of contracting Covid-19.

Houston TX = Harris County -- pop. about 4.7 million people, area about 1700 square miles. And Harris County voted for Clinton over Trump in 2016.

Austin TX = Travis County -- pop. about 1.2 million people, area about 1000 square miles. And Travis County voted for Clinton over Trump in 2016.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Registering and showing up at a polling place (or mailing in a ballot) is pretty easy.

One polling station for 4.7 mio people in an area of 1700 square miles is not exactly easy.

Any reasonable explanation why only 1 station for that many people in that big an area?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

One polling station for 4.7 mio people in an area of 1700 square miles is not exactly easy.

Any reasonable explanation why only 1 station for that many people in that big an area?

Isn't that one too many...isn't the Democrat Party mantra that in-person voting KILLS people? That's why the big push for the "vote by mail" farce.

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Isn't that one too many...isn't the Democrat Party mantra that in-person voting KILLS people? That's why the big push for the "vote by mail" farce.

As usual, avoiding the issue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As usual, avoiding the issue.

For a "mail-in election," why are any polling places necessary? And isn't the conventional wisdom that Republicans favor voting in person so I should think you would be happy with this single [inconvenient] polling place.