White House coronavirus adviser Atlas apologizes for Russian TV interview

webfact

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The choice of controlling and preventing the virus from spreading, increasing deaths and economic destruction are in the hands of individual governments. Countries that took strong and swift action and got their science right have all emerged with good amount of success like China, New Zealand, Australia, Israel, South Korea and so forth. US only got themselves to blame for having a President who has done basically the opposite and still don't have a plan till today. They created their own doomsday.    

I can appreciate what you say, but it also helps if a country is isolated and not land-locked like Aus and N.Z.

And Im not sure if tourism is so great in S.Korea or Israel?

And many of the countries (like USA) closed borders around the same time, so as far as letting super-spreader tourists coming in to spread, what more could have been done?

Thailand is not land-locked, had China tourists running all over the place in Jan and Feb,

but have some of the worlds lowest figures..

Yet no-one compliments the Thai government on their good management and getting their science right.

So if its convenient to claim "blind luck" in Thailands case, then its just as relevant to say some other countries like Italy and USA were simply sหit outta luck.

I think the time has passed to argue about good management if you think good management involves lockdowns.

The worlds better thinkers

(those who are not blinded by fear)

now realise that the lockdowns have caused WAY more damage and caused far more trauma and hardship than Covid could have ever have done.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, pookondee said:

I can appreciate what you say, but it also helps if a country is isolated and not land-locked like Aus and N.Z.

And Im not sure if tourism is so great in S.Korea or Israel?

And many of the countries (like USA) closed borders around the same time, so as far as letting super-spreader tourists coming in to spread, what more could have been done?

Thailand is not land-locked, had China tourists running all over the place in Jan and Feb,

but have some of the worlds lowest figures..

Yet no-one compliments the Thai government on their good management and getting their science right.

So if its convenient to claim "blind luck" in Thailands case, then its just as relevant to say some other countries like Italy and USA were simply sหit outta luck.

I think the time has passed to argue about good management if you think good management involves lockdowns.

The worlds better thinkers

(those who are not blinded by fear)

now realise that the lockdowns have caused WAY more damage and caused far more trauma and hardship than Covid could have ever have done.

What testing does thailand do? What does landlocked have to do with anything.

If u close borders like australia and nz did and used lockdowns you would have less deaths.

Or does trump only want borders closed to mexicans and muslims but virus carriers are welcome.

Edited by Sujo

Scott Atlas, like so many of Trump's picks, is a true bottom of the barrel selection. He has absolutely no experience in virology, or epidemiology, and was picked because he said some flattering stuff about Trump. 

Thankfully, Trump will hopefully be ousted by very wide margins within a very short time. See ya Don! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I guess its possible that's he's stupid enough to not know what RT is about. But I'm surprised that he apologized. His boss 45 could have a bone to pick about that. You know the 45 golden shower rules. Never apologize for anything and never diss Putin.

what is there to apologize for?  he gave an interview to a russian news outlet.  so what?

it's not like he gave away our top-secret method of how we're winning the covid war.

you don't think rt has done a public service highlighting some of the batsoup crazy ideas of the man who advises the american president?  refreshing to see his "theories" in his own unfiltered words.

the full interview is available on rt if interested.

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

what is there to apologize for?  he gave an interview to a russian news outlet.  so what?

it's not like he gave away our top-secret method of how we're winning the covid war.

you don't think rt has done a public service highlighting some of the batsoup crazy ideas of the man who advises the american president?  refreshing to see his "theories" in his own unfiltered words.

the full interview is available on rt if interested.

It's a Russian government propaganda channel. In general, officials in American presidential administrations don't agree to be interviewed on government propaganda channels of adversary/enemy nations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the 45 response had been the same as in South Korea, 45 could really say it's been crushed and he would be believable, instead of the world champion gaslighter. He would also be cakewalking to reelection instead of probably losing. The way to deal with the virus and the economic damage from the virus is to actually deal with the virus. A con man's approach doesn't work. The virus is not impressed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pookondee said:

I havent got a good mood about any of it. 

But what Fauci keeps predicting with no evidence at all certainly doesn't help.

There are other experts in other countries predicting similar scenarios. But he should keep silent not to destroy your good mood?

If he is right, and there is a good chance of that...  What would people say next year or the year after that? 

Fauci is a joke, he is an expert but he didn't saw this coming...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, pookondee said:

I havent got a good mood about any of it. 

But what Fauci keeps predicting with no evidence at all certainly doesn't help.

He reminds me of that Zachary Smith character from "Lost in Space"

running around saying

" We are doomed i tell you..we are all DOOMED"

Just for once, It would be nice to hear someone say

"In six months all of this will be over"

Even if it was a lie, its better than all this doomsdaying 24×7.

But i guess that wouldnt fit into the fear script would it?

Just for once, It would be nice to hear someone say

"In six months all of this will be over"

Even if it was a lie, its better than all this doomsdaying 24×7” 

Trump said it would be over by Easter, then did nothing about it.

As a direct result 235,000 Americans have died.

Enough of lies are better than the truth already.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tug said:

Ahhhh yes of course I’d rather base my actions and interactions during a deadly pandemic on science and facts not on some unqualified trump yes man absolutely 100% prefer dr Fauci after all we all know trump hires only the best (major sarcasm alert) the way to solve the problem is follow safe protocols we all know it can’t belive that dude was so obtuse not to know who rt is unbelievable 

Even I know who and what RT is and I am 76 and a Brit living in Thailand.

As an aside, I didn't many promotions as I never could stand being a "yes" man and a carpet for managers to walk on.

2 hours ago, dimitriv said:

There are other experts in other countries predicting similar scenarios. But he should keep silent not to destroy your good mood?

If he is right, and there is a good chance of that...  What would people say next year or the year after that? 

Fauci is a joke, he is an expert but he didn't saw this coming...

Did YOU see it coming?

IMHO I don't think that anybody saw this coming

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Did YOU see it coming?

IMHO I don't think that anybody saw this coming

No, I didn't. And I think you understood my comment wrong ????

Fauci is an expert, he should be free to express his thoughts. Also if it makes people feel uncomfortable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

well, here's 44 speaking at an NIH briefing during ebola warning that we needed to be prepared for a deadly, airborne global virus that could potentially hit within 5-10 years.  that was dec 02,2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDHmXdcdShE

(don't know if this is considered a reliable source.....this is only a 6-minute clip from the obama briefing.  no edits, no added material, no disinformation)

but it's not just democrats, here's 45 and azar on fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKpQADgDYSc

(fox news youtube channel)

and let's not forget that virus response playbook 44 left on the west wing coffee table that was thrown out, nor the pandemic response training that was offered by 44's admin to incoming 45 admin that, too, was rejected.

That is being prepared, what the present administration clearly wasn't.

But seeing it coming, not many. 

Talking about seeing it coming, Nassim Taleb who wrote the book The Black Swan, and put the expression into the global vocabulary, said on CNBC that the pandemic was NOT a black swan but rather a white swan, because everyone did see it coming, or should have.

13 hours ago, dimitriv said:

No, I didn't. And I think you understood my comment wrong ????

Fauci is an expert, he should be free to express his thoughts. Also if it makes people feel uncomfortable.

Unfortunately there are 2 streams of thought here.

1   You can believe in Fauci and the science based facts, or

2   You can believe in Trump who once had Fauci as an advisor, then he dumped Fauci for disagreeing with Trump and not following Trumps line.

Trump of course, knows far more about every topic/matter than anybody else in the world.

Who do I believe? Certainly not Trump.