Twitter, Facebook push back on Trump's election posts

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I would dare say that social media has more power than the government.  They get to decide what information gets disseminated to masses and what doesn't.  Once you control the media and the message, you can slowly convince anyone that white is actually black, up is actually down and so forth.

Which is why they should delete all those lies and misinformation. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Because enough people are uneducated losers who will believe it. 

almost 70 million voted for him it seems. 

I don’t think deleting something is complicated. They probably have a standard process for that by now; wouldn’t be surprised if it had his name. 

Websites can delete stuff, that is life. Deal with it. 

I don’t think deleting something is complicated. They probably have a standard process for that by now; wouldn’t be surprised if it had his name. 

He is a democratically elected leader. He is making public statements. You don't think it complicates things when media outlets start deciding what we should and should not hear? Maybe you don't care about being treated like a five year old who needs his ears covered, but I do mind. I am not sure what would qualify as complicated if a media outlets deciding what is and is not appropriate for people to hear by their elected president isn't.

Simple question, just to prove you wrong: so it is "simple and uncomplicated" and I Should "deal with it" if the president of the US 

addresses the public and nobody gets to hear it? Have you lost your mind? Our previously referenced five year old has more sense than to think that. 

You are dead wrong, deal with it. When elected leaders speak, nobody should be deciding if it is or is not appropriate for citizens to hear. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I would dare say that social media has more power than the government.  They get to decide what information gets disseminated to masses and what doesn't.  Once you control the media and the message, you can slowly convince anyone that white is actually black, up is actually down and so forth.

You think trump cant lie to his hearts content anytime he wants?

He chose to agree to the terms of twitter etc when he signed on. But contracts dont matter eh.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, sucit said:

He is a democratically elected leader.

So was Adolf Hitler. What’s your point? 

He is making public statements. You don't think it complicates things when media outlets start deciding what we should and should not hear? 

Guess why it’s called the “free” press? 

Maybe you don't care about being treated like a five year old who needs his ears covered, but I do mind.

I’m certainly not whining like a 5 year old when an Internet forum deletes my comments. That big baby is. And my comments have more substance to his (which isn’t that difficult to be fair). 

I am not sure what would qualify as complicated if a media outlets deciding what is and is not appropriate for people to hear by their elected president isn't.

A government dictating media what to report would be qualify as complicated. 

Simple question, just to prove you wrong: so it is "simple and uncomplicated" and I Should "deal with it" if the president of the US 

addresses the public and nobody gets to hear it?

Fortunately, there’s no right for getting media coverage, especially when you’re producing lies and garbage. 

Have you lost your mind? Our previously referenced five year old has more sense than to think that. 

My 6-year old nephew knows that people will listen when you have something sensible to say, and that people don’t tolerate bullshet. 

You are dead wrong, deal with it.

It seems I’m not, and you’re the one who has to deal with it ???? 

When elected leaders speak, nobody should be deciding if it is or is not appropriate for citizens to hear. 

When the elected leader is a corrupt liar with the brain of rotten sandwich, and he’s speaking lies and violence, I appreciate when he’s being ignored. That’s the best you can do with bullies, and fortunately we don’t have to treat him better than any other raging teenager who gets banned on Reddit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DB58 said:

The President takes an oath to uphold our Constitution that includes the election process. His actions are directly attempting to interfere with a process he has sworn to protect. IMO block him.

You are proving the point. You want him blocked, don't watch. BUt you don't get to make that decision for others. I am not 5. I don't need my ears covered when someone says something out of line. What is your actual point, that people should not be allowed to judge for themselves right? Do you even know that that is your point? No? Well, I am telling you, that is your point. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sucit said:

BUt you don't get to make that decision for others.

If you haven’t noticed: YOU are the one who wants to decide what others put on their websites. Create your own blog or social network, then you can freely decide what to publish. Until then, I’m afraid you have to accept that it’s the website owner who decides what goes online on his property. 

5 minutes ago, sucit said:

I am not 5.

But you have like a tantrum throwing 5 year old. “But but but, I want, I want, I want.” Grow up. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sucit said:

You are proving the point. You want him blocked, don't watch. BUt you don't get to make that decision for others. I am not 5. I don't need my ears covered when someone says something out of line. What is your actual point, that people should not be allowed to judge for themselves right? Do you even know that that is your point? No? Well, I am telling you, that is your point. 

Hope all his followers are as wise as you... some of my more extreme countrymen might see his rants as call to action. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

So was Adolf Hitler. What’s your point? 

Guess why it’s called the “free” press? 

I’m certainly not whining like a 5 year old when an Internet forum deletes my comments. That big baby is. And my comments have more substance to his (which isn’t that difficult to be fair). 

A government dictating media what to report would be qualify as complicated. 

Fortunately, there’s no right for getting media coverage, especially when you’re producing lies and garbage. 

My 6-year old nephew knows that people will listen when you have something sensible to say, and that people don’t tolerate bullshet. 

It seems I’m not, and you’re the one who has to deal with it ???? 

When the elected leader is a corrupt liar with the brain of rotten sandwich, and he’s speaking lies and violence, I appreciate when he’s being ignored. That’s the best you can do with bullies, and fortunately we don’t have to treat him better than any other raging teenager who gets banned on Reddit. 

To sum up everything you have said, you want people to have a filter on their media because they are not thoughtful enough to think for themselves.

I think the media should be..... reported (big leap there i know)... and people should decide for themselves on what it means. 

In your view it would be fine to just black out the next state of the union address because a select few didn't like what the president was saying. Self realize how ridiculous this is, not for me but for yourself. 

You brought up Hitler, your way is the Hitler way. That is a very Hitler like policy to just control what people hear and what they don't. 

Another glaring misread you have that is so obvious, when the president starts behaving like a moron and making unfounded claims, he looks..... like a moron (that is how that works). Filtering the content helps him. So, you have everything exactly backwards. Maybe your intentions are good, but if you want people to dislike Trump, SHOW them what he is doing, don't hide it. 

Point blank, would it be ok to black out the next state of the union? If you answer yes, you are wrong, if you answer no, I am right. So, there ya go. But, If you can't see you are wrong there is really no helping you. 

Edited by sucit
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sucit said:

To sum up everything you have said, you want people to have a filter on their media because they are not thoughtful enough to think for themselves.

I think the media should be..... reported (big leap there i know)... and people should decide for themselves on what it means. 

In your view it would be fine to just black out the next state of the union address because a select few didn't like what the president was saying. Self realize how ridiculous this is, not for me but for yourself. 

You brought up Hitler, your way is the Hitler way. That is a very Hitler like policy to just control what people hear and what they don't. 

If you can't see you are wrong there is really no helping you. 

Come on.  The president of the US telling porkies on social media.  He should be fired.  Horrible way for a leader to act.

Bannon just had his account permanently banned.  And so have dozens of accounts linked to Q, etc.  Great news.  Sadly, many only read short tweets and believe them.  They don't fact check.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on.  The president of the US telling porkies on social media.  He should be fired.  Horrible way for a leader to act.

Bannon just had his account permanently banned.  And so have dozens of accounts linked to Q, etc.  Great news.  Sadly, many only read short tweets and believe them.  They don't fact check.

What do you mean cmon? Well, fire him then. I am not against it. It might be "horrible" for a leader to usher the US into a period of smaller government, less spending and higher taxes. That does not mean it is not the right move however, and if the people have elected that person as their leader, he obviously needs to be heard when he makes the case for it.

You guys all want to pick and choose what people are exposed to. But the way it really works is you let people hear it and let them decide for themselves.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Twitter and Facebook are private businesses and will decide what they wish their platforms to be used for.

Neither the Constitution nor Twitters/Facebook terms of use give anyone the right to disseminate lies, hate or promote violence on these platforms.

Twitter/Facebook acting to remove such content is not a matter of ‘Freedom of speech’.

Private businesses setting their own rules for the use of their services is not going to be changed.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, sucit said:

He is a democratically elected leader. He is making public statements. You don't think it complicates things when media outlets start deciding what we should and should not hear? Maybe you don't care about being treated like a five year old who needs his ears covered, but I do mind. I am not sure what would qualify as complicated if a media outlets deciding what is and is not appropriate for people to hear by their elected president isn't.

You do realize that neither platform actually deleted his remarks, don't you?

Twitter put his tweet behind a label, with a button to click on if you wanted to view it, Facebook simply added a label to the post. In neither case were people prevented from reading what Trump had said.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Twitter and Facebook are private businesses and will decide what they wish their platforms to be used for.

Neither the Constitution nor Twitters/Facebook terms of use give anyone the right to disseminate lies, hate or promote violence on these platforms.

Twitter/Facebook acting to remove such content is not a matter of ‘Freedom of speech’.

Private businesses setting their own rules for the use of their services is not going to be changed.

Again, point blank.

Cnbc etc are all private businesses. Is it ok for them to black out a state of the union address?

• Sad 1

Just now, sucit said:

Again, point blank.

Cnbc etc are all private businesses. Is it ok for them to black out a state of the union address?

Yes.  Especially Trump's when it was full of lies.  Best thing to do for the uneducated population.  Sadly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You do realize that neither platform actually deleted his remarks, don't you?

Twitter put his tweet behind a label, with a button to click on if you wanted to view it, Facebook simply added a label to the post. In neither case were people prevented from reading what Trump had said.

I was watching Trump speak on the only news station I have available, and it was cut off! In the middle. Please don't tell me his remarks are not "deleted" from public exposure.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yes.  Especially Trump's when it was full of lies.  Best thing to do for the uneducated population.  Sadly.

Ok, so you think we should allow media corporations to filter and spoon feed us only the information they deem appropriate.

All I can say is, 1984 much?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1