Biden close to U.S. election victory as a defiant Trump vows to fight

rooster59

3 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Any time spent fighting his dismal outcome is actualy a good thing as he can't destroy more of America.      Recount Recount

He does his best to destroy (people's opinion about) democracy in the USA. That is bad enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Actually in Florida they received 50 voter registrations listed as Democrat from dead people.  Sneaky Antifa. Do that 5000 times in the key states and they get their man in the White House.

Source CNN 30 October 2020

Where is the link?

39 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

If either of the two sides is happiest with the result, then I'd be tempted to say it's the Republicans even if they lose the WH.

I take your point that aspects of the outcome were disappointing for Democrats. But to say that the Republicans will be happier than the Democrats with getting Biden into the White House, the House remaining with the Democrats and the Democrats still having a  shot at the Senate,   is drawing a long bow.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Looks like both Biden and Trump have got over 80 million votes each (Biden a bit more than Trump) and these are the two highest ever. So, no, not a typo.

Incorrect.

At this point its (rounded)

Biden

74.4 million 

The exiting president 

70.2 million 

Still very impressive numbers for both. 

Projections are that Biden will have a 5 million vote lead by final tally.

The democrats are very disappointed with the results in congress.

Lost seats in the house when an increase was expected. There was almost no chance they would have lost control though.

Didn't achieve control of the senate which was seen before as more likely than not.

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You're probably aware that if they can win the two Georgia seats in the runoff in January they are 50 50 with Vice president with the deciding vote. So not too bad. 

I am aware but I think the odds of winning both seats are slim. But wouldn't surprise me if they turn out to be the most expensive senate races in history.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

First off, Trump has so far gotten a little over 70 million votes

And I'm sure that the Republicans are thrilled that they lost the executive branch. Give it a rest. It certainly wasn't the victory the Democrats were hoping for, but it was definitely a big loss for the Republicans. And a big gain for science-based governance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, the problem is  in the White House but it is gradually and steadily being resolved right now.

Unlike trump Joe Biden is waiting until the numbers back up his position.

It will come soon. 

Not exactly.

The numbers justified Biden declaring victory yesterday because its certain that Biden will win Pennsylvania and that's the ball game.

But the networks have been shy to call it for obvious reasons. 

Biden is waiting for the network calls.

I expect that within the next few days. 

Also it is customary for the winner to not declare victory until they have a concession call with the loser.

But nobody is expecting that to happen this time.

So anyway expect Biden's victory speech soonish.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1