Trump does not plan to concede any time soon, aides and allies indicate

webfact

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes. Exactly. And 45 won with 306 votes and a minority of popular votes. Biden is on a likely path to the exact same 306 and massive popular vote lead. To add humor to this tragedy, 45 called that win a landslide. It was not. He just lies and lies and lies. Why anyone still believes anything out of his mouth is remarkable. 

Massive?

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Does Trump still have any presidential power before Jan 20 when the handover is official?

Does he still have any  authority to sign official documents on behalf of US government?

Yes, he is president with all powers. Of course his negotiating options to get things done are limited, but he can give executive orders as much as he likes.

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Most likely bigger than Hillary's.

Cherry picking much?

It was actually a genuine question, as I have been following swing states rwter than totals countrywide, 

I have just read that he beat obamas previously record and is over 5 million votes ahead, which is in fact massive by recent standards, especially for a democrat.

Interesting.

Reading some comments here, anyone can see the problems, and division, in the US on full display. Silly writings about conspiracy theories, someone saying "the majority of Americans prefer a progressive agenda" (untrue, most Americans fall left to right of center), the election has not been called (it has been called, just not certified), and on and on. We all know Trump is an egotistical manic-depressive, on full display for 4 years. So ofcourse he won't concede unless he discerns a personal benefit. Most of know that the election was fair, even if you uncover a vote (or ten) that can be contested for a variety of reasons, it won't change the outcome. Unless Trump and his Hill allies try to disrupt the electoral voting process, the biggest political issues the country faces are what will Trump do over the next couple of months and who will win the two Georgia Senate seats, which will have a huge impact on how Biden governs, and how much of the progressive agenda gets addressed (personally hoping not too much).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

It was actually a genuine question, as I have been following swing states rwter than totals countrywide, 

I have just read that he beat obamas previous record and is over 5 million votes ahead, which is in fact massive by recent standards, especially for a democrat.

Interesting.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, he is president with all powers. Of course his negotiating options to get things done are limited, but he can give executive orders as much as he likes.

So he is still president before Jan 20?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

I have just read that he beat obamas previously record and is over 5 million votes ahead, which is in fact massive by recent standards, especially for a democrat.

Interesting.

Since it would have been easy and more reliable to go to any of the msm and look at the vote totals, I don't believe your question was genuine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silencer said:

Yes, he has full Presidential powers until noon on the 20th.

My guess is a lot of his orders will just be ignored.  They will probably slow walk a lot of it and make up a bunch of excuse and lies.  In other words, the same sort of stuff he routinely does.  Or maybe he does us all a favor and quits like the sore loser he is.

Ideally, they article 25 him out of office but republicans are probably too cowardly to do that.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, n00dle said:

How much clearer need he be? Yes. He is still president until after the inauguration when his term has ended.

Until that time biden is president elect, and expected to be working towards transitioning into the role, but that seems to be being delayed by a single gsa official.

Can Biden overwrite and cancel his exec orders in two months time?

So whatever he does within these two months would be useless anyway.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, shdmn said:

My guess is a lot of his orders will just be ignored.  They will probably slow walk a lot of it and make up a bunch of excuse and lies.  In other words, the same sort of stuff he routinely does.  Or maybe he does us all a favor and quits like the sore loser and coward he is.

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Can Biden overwrite and cancel his exec orders in two months time?

So whatever he does within these two months would be useless anyway.

Major policies will go nowhere but probably won't be on the table. He will likely execute several executive orders that CAN be cancelled by the incoming President, He can issue pardons (which can't be changed) to a wide variety of people (some talk about Assange, Snowden, family members, former officials). 

9 minutes ago, Silencer said:

Major policies will go nowhere but probably won't be on the table. He will likely execute several executive orders that CAN be cancelled by the incoming President, He can issue pardons (which can't be changed) to a wide variety of people (some talk about Assange, Snowden, family members, former officials). 

You have curiously omitted one such person there''s some talk about him pardoning: himself.

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The Trump campaing has set up a toll-free phone line for citizens to report potential ballot fraud. It's going about as well as you might expect:

The Trump Campaign’s Voter Fraud Hotline Keeps Getting Pranked

https://slate.com/culture/2020/11/trump-campaign-fraud-hotline-pranked-hamburglar-gravity-falls-tiktok.html

Mocked by TikTok teenagers... again? I start to pity that poor loser. But wait. Nah. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jvs said:

What is it with you Trumpers,can you not get it trough you thick skulls Joe Biden won with

a majority of votes?There is a winner already!

Just accept it and learn to live with it!

so your knowledge is greater than the supreme court cause that's where it's going

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2