Funds Pile Into Thailand as Vaccine Progress Boosts Tourism Hopes

webfact

10 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

talk to dr fauci about it not me.the flu vaccs are about that effective and no im not an anti vacc person.we are here to comment on the virus vacc effectiveness that almost every med expert says its exceptional in its effectiveness in comparison to most flu vaccs ,another keyboard mouthpiece thats missed the point.condoms and vaccs my my what a stunning comparison.

Unfortunately Fauci and I aren't on speaking terms, so that isn't possible.

My concern was that you stated "most are usually 50% effective". Whilst this is true for seasonal flu vaccines, it isn't true for any other vaccine. You implied all vaccines were only about 50% effective.

Edited by 2530Ubon

30 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

interesting im aware of these types of infections ,many bacterial but this is a flu virus and should be compared against such,thats the point you seem to have missed it somewhat

No, this is very definitely not a flu virus and as such should most decidedly not be compared to one.

Also most of the diseases on that list are viruses, such as measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, hepatitis, rotavirus (the clue is in the name), smallpox  etc.

Meningitis can be either bacterial or viral.

Tetanus, it is true, is a bacterial pathogen.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

9 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

but you wish to compare it to rubella and a host of other diseases that are non corona related or flu ,so your point is

COVID-19 and the flu have several differences. COVID-19 and the flu are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by a new coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2, while influenza is caused by influenza A and B viruses

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vs-flu/art-20490339

thats what the CDC are quoting,i referred to their info as most others have no one needs to be on speaking terms with fauci as we can all access that info thru the media.the point is we all mostly wish to get out of this situation ,at least everyone i speak to thinks they wish to travel work etc again and this is the way to go forward therefore as fauci said its a great achievement ,it was a far more effective vaccine than what was expected,all the mediacl experts in the media were most positive about it,so i too wish to be positive about it and get on with life

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

COVID-19 and the flu have several differences. COVID-19 and the flu are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by a new coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2, while influenza is caused by influenza A and B viruses

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-vs-flu/art-20490339

and rubella etc is not related to either sars or influenza.the new vaccines are very effective this is positive as fauci and the med establishment were quick to point out,this is a positive as i wish to work travel etc like most people i know therefore we can move forward and get on with our lives ,why not be positive and get on with life

15 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

but you wish to compare it to rubella and a host of other diseases that are non corona related or flu ,so your point is

No, we're talking about the efficacy of vaccinations in general, which you said was around 50%. That is not true.

Flu is not comparable to the novel coronavirus so there's no point making that comparison and there are no licensed vaccines for any other coronaviruses so it's impossible to make that comparison either. 

The only real comparison to make (and which you tried to do, albeit incorrectly) is with vaccinations overall.

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Chinese tourists requirements are not the same as for westerners.... Thailand is banking 100% on Chinese, they really don't (appear) to care about westerners or us expats

When Vietnam opens. Thailand will have civil war. Yes your correct. But the Prayut administration is finished. He is to stupid and arrogant to see it. Let them destroy Thailand. He will need to relocate later.

18 hours ago, Traubert said:

Well I actually withdrew the post because I knew somebody would react like this.

However, the numbers are here on TV so go and read them.

Im not so naive to search for something that isnt there now am I? I prefer to deal in facts and reality than guesswork and hope

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Stop guessing and make silly comments about 200 THB. They spend on average over 7000 THB per person per day. How much do you spend?

haha why are you getting so defensive? And its you who is guessing, or not reading my comment accurately. A 200 baht souvenir is about all they buy from the Thais who RELY ON CASH TOURISM. 

Chinese may well spend on average 7000 a day, but thats not on the ground!! Thats all inc hotels which as I said before, goes back to the travel agents in China and the Chinese owned hotels in Thailand. I can only explain it to you, its up to you whether you understand it or not ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

40 million people came here last year when the exchange rate was not that great.

When I travel and want to see a place, I could careless about the exhange rate.

If people/groups want to come on vacation I bet most do not fiddle with exchange rate penny pinching.

Seems to be more of an ex-pat fixed pension resident complaint.

Correct. 

Expat fixed pension residents have at least a reliable income in Thailand, so they want reliable prices in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

haha why are you getting so defensive? And its you who is guessing, or not reading my comment accurately. A 200 baht souvenir is about all they buy from the Thais who RELY ON CASH TOURISM. 

Chinese may well spend on average 7000 a day, but thats not on the ground!! Thats all inc hotels which as I said before, goes back to the travel agents in China and the Chinese owned hotels in Thailand. I can only explain it to you, its up to you whether you understand it or not ????

No, you are making things up as they spend a lot in Thai owned businesses too. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I think he is going to need all the brownie points he can get, after he is chucked out of office, he will end up having to leave the country like Thaksin. I do not know much about Thaksin, but almost certainly he is not hated as much as this unelected "PM".

If only. One big difference between Prayuth and Thaksin - Prayuth is Army (pretends to be ex army). The way the generals fixed the constitution, they will effectively be in charge forever - hence they could promise no more coups. If you're in control of who becomes Prime Minister forever, you don't really need a coup. If Prayuth's lack of popularity become too much for the generals, he'll just be asked to step aside (or retire) - I very much doubt he'll ever need to leave the country.

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

If only. One big difference between Prayuth and Thaksin - Prayuth is Army (pretends to be ex army). The way the generals fixed the constitution, they will effectively be in charge forever - hence they could promise no more coups. If you're in control of who becomes Prime Minister forever, you don't really need a coup. If Prayuth's lack of popularity become too much for the generals, he'll just be asked to step aside (or retire) - I very much doubt he'll ever need to leave the country.

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I understand what you are saying and the chances are that you are right, this would make for a good topic, but I still think that even if not now, that eventually the vast majority of Thai people may erupt unless the unelected "PM" and his soldiers behave themselves, although it would not matter how bad they are towards the tourists and retirees. That sounds very bad for us.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:44 AM, keith101 said:

Why would tourists come here if the BAHT is to high all over again which will reduce their ability to spend money .

The over valued baht will hit exports more as companies will not buy as much goods due to the poor exchange rate .

"Why would tourists come here if the BAHT is to high all over again which will reduce their ability to spend money ."

Because a few percentage change in the value of the baht is unlikely to affect their travel budgeting.

"The over valued baht will hit exports more as companies will not buy as much goods due to the poor exchange rate ."

Most exports are not priced in baht. Exports are 80% invoiced in dollars. Euro and Yen perhaps another 10%. Much, if not most of the appreciation of the baht would be demand from Thai exporters buying baht for local needs. . The only way that exporters would be hit would be by getting less baht for their buck. 

40 minutes ago, goatfarmer said:

The only way that exporters would be hit would be by getting less baht for their buck. 

Not really, exporters will have to push prices up as the baht has sunk. Otherwise they'll lose money. This makes their products less competitive and buyers may look elsewhere for cheaper alternatives

Edited by 2530Ubon

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Not really, exporters will have to push prices up as the baht has sunk. Otherwise they'll lose money. This makes their products less competitive and buyers may look elsewhere for cheaper alternatives

Why should exporters lose money if the baht is sinking? Baht is baht to them. 

12 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Why should exporters lose money if the baht is sinking? Baht is baht to them. 

Really?

Why would they keep dollars when they live in Thailand. Can't spend dollars here... only Baht. Which means they lose when they convert the currency.

Edit; In my earlier post I meant to say the dollar has sunk, not the Baht... lol!

Edited by 2530Ubon

On 11/13/2020 at 1:27 PM, Time to grow said:

Have you looked into the risks associated with an mRNA vaccine?

Most people are under the impression its like old vaccines .Its not .Dr.Carrie Madej explains about this vaccine and its dangers ,available on Youtube but will probably be delated soon.

• Like 1

Just now, anto said:

Most people are under the impression its like old vaccines .Its not

You are absolutely correct, an mRNA vaccine is very different than legacy vaccines and carries significant risks. Risks that are being ignored by the fast tracking of the approval process.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:51 PM, sezze said:

if you ever seen dry ice , CO2 ice , then you know that these blocks do last a long time . A simple styrofoam box , available everywhere in Thailand , filled for 2/3 with these blocks will prob take 2 weeks to evaporate .

Obviously you failed your thermodynamics lesson. The lifespan of a block of CO2 in a styrofoam box will be measured in hours, not weeks. CO2 doesn't evaporate, it sublimates. But more to the point, if you think the interior of your styrofoam box will even approach -70°C you are sorely mistaken.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:27 AM, sitti said:

Nope, inflation. Tell US and EU nations to stop printing money. They are making their own money less valuable. Baht is naturally stronger because Thailand isn't printing money

Well...my non-EU country is not printing money. And our currency has still heavily weakened against the Baht during the last 5 years or so. Bottom solid finances, negligable foreign debt...but still the Baht outperforms it.

Edited by TommyL727

19 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

Obviously you failed your thermodynamics lesson. The lifespan of a block of CO2 in a styrofoam box will be measured in hours, not weeks. CO2 doesn't evaporate, it sublimates. But more to the point, if you think the interior of your styrofoam box will even approach -70°C you are sorely mistaken.

https://dryiceinfo.com/shipping.htm

This will be last for up to three days. For a longer time Dry Ice has to be combined to extend the gel packs with the possibility of freezing the goods briefly in the beginning.

Dry Ice, at -109.3°F or -78.5°C, will freeze and keep frozen everything in the container until it is completely sublimated.

32 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Dry Ice, at -109.3°F or -78.5°C, will freeze and keep frozen everything in the container until it is completely sublimated.

So, are you saying the contents of the freezer will will be less than -70°C or are you saying that simply freezing the contents is good enough? I think you will discover neither is true.

1 hour ago, anto said:

Its an RNA vaccine .Take it at your Perl.

I won't be taking it, i'm still young and fit enough not to be worried about Covid. The elderly and vulnerable can take it, and then young and healthy people can get back to doing what they need to do. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

So, are you saying the contents of the freezer will will be less than -70°C or are you saying that simply freezing the contents is good enough? I think you will discover neither is true.

Packed with the right amount of dry-ice the content will stay below minus 70 C for the journey.

Up to 6 days for the below.

Screenshot_20201115-170536_Chrome.jpg