TAT expects long weekend in November to generate over Bt12.6 billion tourism revenue

webfact

TAT expects long weekend in November to generate over Bt12.6 billion tourism revenue

By THE NATION

800_362f55ed09e9517.jpg?v=1605589465

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) expects around 3.02 million people will travel in Thailand during the long weekend from November 19 to 22.

TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said that the total number of travellers will be close those during September 4 to 7.

TAT expects the travellers during the long holidays to generate over Bt12.6 billion into the system while room occupancy would average 37 per cent.

He added that news on Covid-19 cases in recent times, could influence travellers' plan to visit during the holidays.

Yuthasak said that these long holidays would not be that busy, as several private companies have not followed government agencies in granting the extra holidays.

Besides, there will be another long holiday in December, so some people may decide to travel at that time instead of during the long weekend in November.

The governor said that most people tended to visit famous provinces, such as Chonburi, Kanchanaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Rayong, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai or Ayutthaya.

He added that the cool weather at this time of the year would be a factor in motivating many people to visit the northern and southern regions.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398083

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-17

• Haha 1

We won't be spending extra as I don't get those days off, neither does my step-son ????

Actually, I don't think I know anyone who IS getting those days off.

No, I lie, I have a mate whose wife is an immigration officer ???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

We won't be spending extra as I don't get those days off, neither does my step-son ????

Actually, I don't think I know anyone who IS getting those days off.

No, I lie, I have a mate whose wife is an immigration officer ???? 

It is Tuesday and I could not understand why there was so much traffic up here, almost like a high season weekend. This probably explains it and why we had karaoke from a nearby resort at 2AM this morning.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

It is Tuesday and I could not understand why there was so much traffic up here, almost like a high season weekend. This probably explains it and why we had karaoke from a nearby resort at 2AM this morning.

Plenty of BKK numberplates in Pattaya as well today, guess weekend will be a nightmare for traffic

I suppose it’s all down to how many of the super wealthy in Bangkok can be bothered to get off there backsides as I see on the news today about the police using water cannon mixed with CS gas   I expect by the reports that these protests will bring more people out into the street

20 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

19th - 22nd is not an official long weekend, so most businesses will not be closed and there won't be the local tourists that TAT expect. So more malarkey from the uninformed TAT.

The 19th and the 20th have been deemed special holidays and are 2 more of the official Songkran replacement holidays given by this government. Not sure where you got you information from, better check your Thai Calendar.

https://www.humanresourcesonline.net/thailand-s-upcoming-special-holidays-19-and-20-november