How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

16 hours ago, adammike said:

I have been going to jomtien for the last  5 years,just because it's convenient and affordable.I stayed in Pattaya last march for the first time in years,a mate from Oz was going to be their and one from Amsterdam.They both really like to drink but my capacity to keep up as gone the way of my libido.I spent my winter break in Kho Chang for a few years but it all changed when the got that roro ferry.I then went to Sihanoukville for a few years untill the ravers wanting to take drugs and party all night arrived, they were followed by the Chinese,I miss the old snooky,that's when I returned to Thailand.On my own I don't really do many late boozy nights or spend much time in Gogo,s or girly bars but I like that they are there.I miss the old Pattaya before the Russians arrived.

Why the big tourist area if you are not so much into the nightlife?

What about a smaller island with the relaxing tropical feel?  

6 hours ago, treetops said:

You missed a vital word.  I said you used them to try to prove your point.  As pointed out/demonstrated they are not suitable for that purpose.

ETA:  I don't recall disagreeing, just mentioning your "proof" was flawed again.

You haven't really debunked those stats though.  You agree they are solid, you just question their interpretation.  Perhaps it's you simply misinterpreting them for the purposes of your argument.   

23 hours ago, Leaver said:

You haven't really debunked those stats though.  You agree they are solid, you just question their interpretation.  Perhaps it's you simply misinterpreting them for the purposes of your argument.   

I don't have a horse in this race.  I'm just saying the evidence you introduced to justify your claim fails to do so.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 6:58 PM, treetops said:

I don't have a horse in this race.  I'm just saying the evidence you introduced to justify your claim fails to do so.

I don't have a horse in the race, either. 

I disagree with you that the stats I posted does not provide credible information in which to surmise.   

Can you provide stats to show the contrary and support your argument?  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I disagree with you that the stats I posted does not provide credible information in which to surmise.   

Can you provide stats to show the contrary and support your argument?

This is just going in circles.  The stats can be made to prove any side depending on how they are presented, as we have both shown.  The result of that is using them proves nothing.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:45 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I noticed today that Amon on Soi Pothole has converted to open bar, no massage on the right side. Not sure how it works now

A friend tells me that those "rooms" were disgusting and should have been burnt down. 

Is it now a short time bar.? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

A friend tells me that those "rooms" were disgusting and should have been burnt down. 

Is it now a short time bar.? 

There were a few short time bars popping up around the Soi Baukhao area pre covid.  If that's the business model many more establishments are going to adopt, it's going to cut into Soi 6 / Nightwish profits in the future.   

48 minutes ago, Leaver said:

There were a few short time bars popping up around the Soi Baukhao area pre covid.  If that's the business model many more establishments are going to adopt, it's going to cut into Soi 6 / Nightwish profits in the future.   

IMO, that could only be a good thing! 

5 hours ago, VBF said:

IMO, that could only be a good thing! 

I'm all for variety, choice, and ease of access around the city, no pun intended, but should Nightwish collapse, it would take Soi 6 years to recover, and we all love Soi 6.  ???? 

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

those rooms were no different to every other massage shop but I'm guessing it is now a short time bar

I thought it always was. I'd say it would be pretty difficult to actually get a real massage in the soi.

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

I'm all for variety, choice, and ease of access around the city, no pun intended, but should Nightwish collapse, it would take Soi 6 years to recover, and we all love Soi 6.  ???? 

With respect, those of us who have known Pattaya for a couple of decades or more used to love Soi 6.

Since Nightwish took over so many bars, and the bars became open fronted (due to interference from "the powers that be") it's been a sterile facsimile of its former raunchy self.

Can't discuss details here but those who remember the OLD setups with My Friend You, Blue Hawaii, Jimmy Macs etc etc will know what I mean ????

Just realised I'm reminiscing like an old f**t....how did THAT happen? ????

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VBF said:

With respect, those of us who have known Pattaya for a couple of decades or more used to love Soi 6.

Since Nightwish took over so many bars, and the bars became open fronted (due to interference from "the powers that be") it's been a sterile facsimile of its former raunchy self.

Can't discuss details here but those who remember the OLD setups with My Friend You, Blue Hawaii, Jimmy Macs etc etc will know what I mean ????

I hear what you are saying.

In my opinion, Nightwish should have kept a few of the bars closed in to cater for the segment of the market that liked closed in bars. 

Anyway, for me, I would rather have some form of Soi 6, than no Soi 6 at all.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I hear what you are saying.

In my opinion, Nightwish should have kept a few of the bars closed in to cater for the segment of the market that liked closed in bars. 

Anyway, for me, I would rather have some form of Soi 6, than no Soi 6 at all.

To be fair, the opening up of the former closed in bars wasn't NW's fault. As I said above, it was due to interference from "the powers that be".  As I recall, a certain member of the country's leadership went on a "clean-up" campaign ad what we have now is a compromise....I repeat...as  I recall!  

But certainly, something's better than nothing but lots of indepenant businesses would be better still....IMO

1 hour ago, VBF said:

To be fair, the opening up of the former closed in bars wasn't NW's fault. As I said above, it was due to interference from "the powers that be".  As I recall, a certain member of the country's leadership went on a "clean-up" campaign ad what we have now is a compromise....I repeat...as  I recall!  

But certainly, something's better than nothing but lots of indepenant businesses would be better still....IMO

i heard from the horses mouth (Brian) that they became open bars because they were more popular and making more money

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i heard from the horses mouth (Brian) that they became open bars because they were more popular and making more money

If you say so; all I can add to that is that the demographic who visits Soi 6 is very different now to what it was some years ago, when people did not go there primarily to drink, but to savour what else was on offer. ???? I know I preferred it as it was in about the late nineties when most people only actually drank in Soi 6 as an adjunct to other pleasurable pastimes.

That may be the case, or it may be possible that Brian (whom I do not know personally)  is talking it up  - no criticism - he is a businessman, after all.

19 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I thought it always was. I'd say it would be pretty difficult to actually get a real massage in the soi.

You could be right.... one of my regulars seems to want to go straight to the main event these days with no 'preamble'... lazy girl! Those with 'training' are few and far between and the numbers fall now. 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You got the wrong end. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, VBF said:

You said you can't discuss details, but raunchy sessions in Jimmy Mac's sounds interesting. 

On 3/27/2021 at 6:32 AM, VBF said:

Totally agree.

Nowadays there's a choice of places to go for daytime fun with better girls, better service and better attitudes than soi6, also more discrete and tucked out the way for stealth operations.

And they're cheaper.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Totally agree.

Nowadays there's a choice of places to go for daytime fun with better girls, better service and better attitudes than soi6, also more discrete and tucked out the way for stealth operations.

And they're cheaper.

Gentlemen clubs are totally over rated, a bit like the dark side really

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2021 at 7:39 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm merely stating a fact.

And the fact that you're stating is/was that everyone in Pattaya is a reject. 

Clearly a well thought out statement. 

• Confused 1