How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As it might well have been in Dollhouse... I didn't dare look but a beer and a LD there was too much!

There's probably another 9 to 12 months of the current situation.  Not sure the expat population here will continue to pay tourist prices. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't usually drink water either, although when it gets late (no opportunity these days) I may get a soda water. 

The draft in Dollhouse, Electric Blue, Beavers is mostly OK, occasionally a little flat but still OK, Windmill draft is consistent. I rarely get bottles from agogos these days 

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The draft in Dollhouse, Electric Blue, Beavers is mostly OK, occasionally a little flat but still OK, Windmill draft is consistent. I rarely get bottles from agogos these days 

Too much recycling of slops going on for my liking.... that and I do seem to get a near immediate headache from it. I could enjoy the odd one in Sapphire, as it seemed fresh. Girls not so much!

Multiple off topic posts that hijacked the topic leading to bickering and personal attacks have been removed, please stay on topic, in case you forgot here it is again.

How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, treetops said:

Next building north - part of Mike's mall building I believe.  Where was it before?

No, that is definitely what used to be the supermarket side of Modern City Department Store.

Just realised its not a new opening as was suggested but a re-opening with new signage.

11 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

No, that is definitely what used to be the supermarket side of Modern City Department Store.

Have a look here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.9323128,100.8799514,3a,75y,122.56h,99.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQKaegqclr0lXuFxUB-rHqw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Was Pasha's Kebab and Pizza in October last year.  Definitely Mike's building unless Google has doctored the pictures.

12 minutes ago, treetops said:

Have a look here:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.9323128,100.8799514,3a,75y,122.56h,99.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQKaegqclr0lXuFxUB-rHqw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Was Pasha's Kebab and Pizza in October last year.  Definitely Mike's building unless Google has doctored the pictures.

Yes, but that was the entrance to the supermarket side and what was a small food court to Modern City Department Store.

It is next door to Mikes.

22 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

The move towards the beach continues.

A slight misreading of the situation. 

Possibly post Covid when we are once again a thriving family destination this move will grow legs. In the meantime it is a fantasy. 

Beefeater doing well last night. Just down from it, Natalie's Soul Bar is still open so I stopped by to offer some much-needed support and hear some Northern Soul (by request, actually). Natalie herself was in attendance. Another endangered local gem it'd be sad to lose . . . .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya is much busier this holiday weekend, the beach side road is full of parked cars. Riding a motorbike is more dangerous due to more crazy drivers

Yes I found that too. Bangkok drivers will go for that gap.....

On 2/28/2021 at 3:38 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya is much busier this holiday weekend, the beach side road is full of parked cars. Riding a motorbike is more dangerous due to more crazy drivers

No problem, we will have that Monorail any day now......

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2021 at 2:51 AM, TaaSaparot said:

The move towards the beach continues.

If the move towards the beach continues, why did Soi LK Metro and Soi Baukhao become the centre for money spending tourists?

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buakhao is getting busier, I noticed more girls walking around 5pm, maybe the move back to Pattaya is accelerating. Certainly some hot new girls around

I can't see why the girls would be coming back now.  There's been no change in government policy.  There's still no tourists flying in. 

I posted some months ago, I think in the initial stages there with be a stand off.  The mongers will not come back until the girls do, and the girls will not come back until the mongers do.     

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I can't see why the girls would be coming back now.  There's been no change in government policy.  There's still no tourists flying in. 

I posted some months ago, I think in the initial stages there with be a stand off.  The mongers will not come back until the girls do, and the girls will not come back until the mongers do.     

Plenty of girls to be had, create a ThaiFriendly account and prepare to be flooded by offers.

No work for the ladies by sitting in empty bars.

Edited by BritManToo

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Plenty of girls to be had, create a ThaiFriendly account and prepare to be flooded by offers.

No work for the ladies by sitting in empty bars.

I have a ThaiFriendly account, and others.  I had them pre covid.  I agree, even now, plenty of girls are online, but I was referring to tourists, when the borders open.  

A lot of girls will not return to Pattaya until the bars are full of tourists, not expats, and a lot of tourists will not return to Pattaya until the bars are full of girls.  

Even for the smart tourists using the apps, the girl still has to be in Pattaya to get the customer.   

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

No stand off, plenty of girls coming back, but you wouldn't know being in the UK. 

Electric Blue has closed, Beavers has opened instead, most fuglies so I won't be going there for a while

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

No stand off, plenty of girls coming back, but you wouldn't know being in the UK. 

Electric Blue has closed, Beavers has opened instead, most fuglies so I won't be going there for a while

I'm not in the UK.  I'm in Pattaya.

"Plenty of girls" compared to what, pre covid?  I don't think so.    

Spoke to a couple of bar girls during the week who are still up in Issan.  They have no intention of coming back to Pattaya anytime soon.

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1