How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You haven't been to the right ones then.

Maybe but I doubt it, problem with them is you have a limited choice and you can't see until you commit to going inside, with bars at least you can see as you walk by, anyway guys prefer different things

5 hours ago, rott said:

You said you can't discuss details, but raunchy sessions in Jimmy Mac's sounds interesting. 

Oh it so was.....check the TVF rules though  ????

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe but I doubt it, problem with them is you have a limited choice and you can't see until you commit to going inside, with bars at least you can see as you walk by, anyway guys prefer different things

I much prefer the GCs. If you go in and don't see what you like, just turn round and leave.  Done it many times

If you DO see what you like, well you're already behind locked doors so very few limits. TVF rules prevent further detailed discussion but use your imagination!

But, as you say...personal preference. 

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i heard from the horses mouth (Brian) that they became open bars because they were more popular and making more money

Correct.  

He said this in an online Youtube interview that was posted on a thread a while ago.

He made a bar open to the street and it was popular with customers, so he converted a few more, and they were popular also.  He eventually did the same to all of them, thus changing the whole appearance and style of Soi 6.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VBF said:

I much prefer the GCs. If you go in and don't see what you like, just turn round and leave.  Done it many times

If you DO see what you like, well you're already behind locked doors so very few limits. TVF rules prevent further detailed discussion but use your imagination!

But, as you say...personal preference. 

What are the best two?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What are the best two?

The 2 YOU like the best on any given day - they're rarely consistent.

I haven't been there since March '20 so I'm sure much has changed, but I used walk down Soi Boncot (sp?) 8 and just do as I said above - head in door, look, decide.

Just try 'em all...see what you prefer.

There is another forum which I'm sure you know, where such things may be discussed in great detail. I'm not going into more here...don't want the Mods on my tail.

Sometimes, people ask others privately about such things though.  ????

2 hours ago, rott said:

I had a nice cup of tea there once, thought that was as good as it got. But I was never a Soi 6 regular. 

I was at one stage "back in the day"...see my replies to @scubascuba

Some Sad news to report........Some company has taken over the meat department at Big C Extra.......They have turned a very nice relaxed well priced meat department into a up-scale hi-so pricey meat department.....

For guys looking for value cuts........Well........The value has been cut.....

20210401_161225.thumb.jpg.0b759ba72a3951af90a0c6693a5ce838.jpg

20210401_161508(0).thumb.jpg.be751065eabc2665ef3f31a71d5442dc.jpg

20210401_161520.thumb.jpg.14bae197e97efdac87bd9aeeeaa725ef.jpg

This is the steak I have always bought for years and years......Excellent quality and Excellent price.......Now the cheapest steak they have is 520 baht a Kilo......

Make a successful  business Hi-so and lose half your customers.....I have seen this happen many times in Thailand.........

20190831_155646.thumb.jpg.dbbbc740a0308991ca5fc878a0a83521.jpg

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Some Sad news to report........Some company has taken over the meat department at Big C Extra.......They have turned a very nice relaxed well priced meat department into a up-scale hi-so pricey meat department.....

20210401_161225.thumb.jpg.0b759ba72a3951af90a0c6693a5ce838.jpg

20210401_161508(0).thumb.jpg.be751065eabc2665ef3f31a71d5442dc.jpg

20210401_161520.thumb.jpg.14bae197e97efdac87bd9aeeeaa725ef.jpg

This is the steak I have always bought for years and years......Excellent quality and Excellent price.......Now the cheapest steak they have is 520 baht a Kilo......

Make a successful  business Hi-so and lose half your customers.....I have seen this happen many times in Thailand.........

20190831_155646.thumb.jpg.dbbbc740a0308991ca5fc878a0a83521.jpg

I buy my chuck stewing steak from there; hope it is still being sold. Going upmarket during a pandemic seems an odd move.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, champers said:

I buy my chuck stewing steak from there; hope it is still being sold. Going upmarket during a pandemic seems an odd move.

Its a shocker when you see what's happened to the Big C extra meat department the first time....I try and stay far away from hi-so kind of places.....I dislike Central Festivals new food court because of the hi-so factor.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Its a shocker when you see what's happened to the Big C extra meat department the first time....I try and stay far away from hi-so kind of places.....I dislike Central Festivals new food court because of the hi-so factor.... 

Was there yesterday , don,t see such a big deal as you portray.Hiso..seriously!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

They have really ruined Central by doing this. Have stopped going to the food court completely. One is expensive, the other claustrophobic.

Edited by Wongkitlo
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 3:08 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I hate gentlemans clubs. The whole thing is so controlled with everyone watching you. I always end up measuring how much beer I sip out of the bottle so I don't get kicked out.

1 hour ago, DerbyDan said:

I hate gentlemans clubs. The whole thing is so controlled with everyone watching you. I always end up measuring how much beer I sip out of the bottle so I don't get kicked out.

Odd thing to say. If anything I would say one is watched over more in GGBs than GCs.... in my experience. They are frequently picking up your bottle giving it a shake to get you to buy another, and so much as look at a girl they are hounding you to buy her (and them) a drink. 

I do dislike the pressure in some GCs as they simply act as knocking shops. 

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Odd thing to say. If anything I would say one is watched over more in GGBs than GCs.... in my experience. They are frequently picking up your bottle giving it a shake to get you to buy another, and so much as look at a girl they are hounding you to buy her (and them) a drink. 

Your probably right. A nice night out for me is drinking at an outside bar and taking a stroll on the beach at night and talking to people.

Something about indoor venues I never liked. They are to "oriented" would be the closest word in English I can come up with.

No worries, though, it's all about what makes one comfortable (or not too comfortable) and Pattaya has a good variety of venues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

Your probably right. A nice night out for me is drinking at an outside bar and taking a stroll on the beach at night and talking to people.

Something about indoor venues I never liked. They are to "oriented" would be the closest word in English I can come up with.

No worries, though, it's all about what makes one comfortable (or not too comfortable) and Pattaya has a good variety of venues.

What do you mean by being "too orientated?"  

Yes, Pattaya has a great variety and choice of venues, let's hope that's still the case post covid.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:45 PM, redwood1 said:

I have to agree, this goes beyond my imagination.

Sometimes I will buy the KU Burger there, 250 Bht/kg.

Today KU Burger 450 Bht/kg, that is almost 100% price increase

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

What do you mean by being "too orientated?"  

Yes, Pattaya has a great variety and choice of venues, let's hope that's still the case post covid.

Hard to describe, but:

Feels like people are there for one main reason. It's overdone. An over riding theme or underlying motive. It's all just a stage prop for a pickup joint. The beers, bar stools and signs are just props. Too much a themed scene.

Does not feel natural or it's to "catered". There's no edge to it. No danger. Everything is anticipated and expected. I prefer knowing what not to expect.

I'm more of a Vietnam/Cambo guy, but I can find venues I like anywhere including Pattaya. I don't tend to have "favorite restaurants" but prefer just trying out strange places to eat as I walk around and like finding new strange places even if it's not guaranteed I will like them as much as a previous place (as long as I don't get sick!).

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

Of course, people will be wanting to live the dream more than ever after covid, more taking early retirement

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Of course, people will be wanting to live the dream more than ever after covid, more taking early retirement

Yes, those not wanting to go back to work and those heading for divorce after lockdown!

New "Gentlemans Club" opened up at the old Blue Lagoon in The Village on 3rd road....Wet N Wild....hoping some of our more intrepid members can visit and report back on here.....:biggrin:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am not a slow drinker but as soon as they start shaking my bottle to check the contents i checkbin and go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I am not a slow drinker but as soon as they start shaking my bottle to check the contents i checkbin and go.

Thankfully it is not done everywhere...... but I can appreciate why. I some customers nursing an empty bottle, and I have even seen some pretend to drink from one! 

I too am occasionally blunt with servers .... I feel I drink enough not to be hassled. 

Edited by jacko45k