How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

On 3/13/2021 at 12:39 PM, rott said:

Leaver have you ever actually had conversations with UK people in the bars in the Buakhao/LK area.?

If you have, have you really never spoken to any who fit the descriptions I and others have spoken about.? Very difficult to believe. 

I have and intelligent conversation it certainly wasn’t ????????????, not something I wish to do on a frequent basis! Tough uncivilized bunch, the whole lot of them! 

2 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

I have and intelligent conversation it certainly wasn’t ????????????, not something I wish to do on a frequent basis! Tough uncivilized bunch, the whole lot of them! 

Well if you say so. 

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

What else do they come here for?

Not everyone that comes to Pattaya hangs about in bars all day, there are other things, for the golf guys they have more than enough places to go after if they wish, they will be coming back ASAP

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do you think "not average tourists" spend and spread their money in the same way tourists do?

Some do, some do not. For example off shore workers who spend their off time in LOS will be 2 week millionaires for longer. Some may have a quiet time with a long term partner. 

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Some do, some do not. For example off shore workers who spend their off time in LOS will be 2 week millionaires for longer. Some may have a quiet time with a long term partner. 

Love the idea that all offshore workers are loaded.

FM, Nurses in the UK get a better deal than I can get nowadays.

22 hours ago, Leaver said:

How does staying in different hotels prove average length of stay? 

Hotel stay 1 = 1 day

Hotel stay 2 = 28 days

Hotel stay 3 = 1 day

If you can do the arithmetic you'll find the average length of stay is 10 days.  The data is irrelevant anyway, my point was that the stats can be made to prove almost anything.  You'll no doubt have heard the expression "Lies, damn lies and statistics".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics

22 hours ago, Leaver said:

If stats are sourced from Immigration, average length of stay is average length of stay.  

The link you provided does not give the source of the data (without subscription) or the method of calculation.  I do believe it to be accurate, however your interpretation of it seems somewhat unusual (unless of course you're just stirring the pot for your self amusement again).

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2021 at 2:11 AM, adammike said:

Get a break from the northern Europe winter weather.If i could get really good weather nearer home in Jan/Feb I would probably go there.

Plenty of other nicer places in Thailand to get a break from European winter weather.

Why Pattaya?  

On 3/16/2021 at 8:30 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Not everyone that comes to Pattaya hangs about in bars all day, there are other things, for the golf guys they have more than enough places to go after if they wish, they will be coming back ASAP

Are you saying the golf guys don't hang around in bars?  A lot of them are mongers as well.  

On 3/16/2021 at 8:44 AM, jacko45k said:

Off Shore guys lost out on the last round of visa law changes. 

"You come Thailand too mut" says Immigration. 

Such a lucrative market turned away, well before covid. 

I know two off shore guys that now rotate in Vietnam, pre covid.  One sold his condo here at a fire sale just to walk away. 

Of course, oil and gas guys are notorious for working illegally in Thailand.    ????

On 3/16/2021 at 7:54 PM, treetops said:

Hotel stay 1 = 1 day

Hotel stay 2 = 28 days

Hotel stay 3 = 1 day

If you can do the arithmetic you'll find the average length of stay is 10 days.  The data is irrelevant anyway, my point was that the stats can be made to prove almost anything.  You'll no doubt have heard the expression "Lies, damn lies and statistics".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics

The link you provided does not give the source of the data (without subscription) or the method of calculation.  I do believe it to be accurate, however your interpretation of it seems somewhat unusual (unless of course you're just stirring the pot for your self amusement again).

So, you explain how the hotel stays can skew the stats, but then say you do believe the graph to be accurate.   How does that work?

I concede I don't know where the stats were sourced for that graph.  It was just on the first page of a Google search.  I will see if the Thai government has one. Perhaps that will use Immigration stats.    

Yes, stats can be manipulated, but I would think Immigration stats would be accurate, IF, the exact dates of entry and exit are recorded for tourists.   

27 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So, you explain how the hotel stays can skew the stats, but then say you do believe the graph to be accurate.   How does that work?

That's what you can do with lots of stats/data - make it tell any story you want.  You just did it to try and prove your point upthread.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

That's what you can do with lots of stats/data - make it tell any story you want.  You just did it to try and prove your point upthread.

Yet, you believe the stats in the graph to be accurate, but say I have used them to prove my point, which you disagreed.  ????

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Plenty of other nicer places in Thailand to get a break from European winter weather.

Why Pattaya?  

I have been going to jomtien for the last  5 years,just because it's convenient and affordable.I stayed in Pattaya last march for the first time in years,a mate from Oz was going to be their and one from Amsterdam.They both really like to drink but my capacity to keep up as gone the way of my libido.I spent my winter break in Kho Chang for a few years but it all changed when the got that roro ferry.I then went to Sihanoukville for a few years untill the ravers wanting to take drugs and party all night arrived, they were followed by the Chinese,I miss the old snooky,that's when I returned to Thailand.On my own I don't really do many late boozy nights or spend much time in Gogo,s or girly bars but I like that they are there.I miss the old Pattaya before the Russians arrived.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yet, you believe the stats in the graph to be accurate, but say I have used them to prove my point, which you disagreed.  ????

You missed a vital word.  I said you used them to try to prove your point.  As pointed out/demonstrated they are not suitable for that purpose.

ETA:  I don't recall disagreeing, just mentioning your "proof" was flawed again.

Edited by treetops