How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

On 5/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, kingofthemountain said:

The sailor was closed for 2 weeks when the governor decided this month

to stop the dine in option, their customer base wasn't really interested to 

take out the food.

They have now re open since few days, but unfortunately they don't have a lot of customers, as i said they are the only venue still open in this area

and you are right, without being allowed to sell alcool in the next weeks\months, i am afraid they are bleeding money at the moment

In the same area, one of the actually closed bar in front of beach road

just beside the Police station, has now a big sign ''business for sale''

Have since been in the Sailor and they were doing OK compared to most. I would say there were a minimum of 6 tables occupied while I was there, whether or not that pays the rent is another matter. 

Good solid, German food and cheap enough too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well plenty of massage places open today, hope there's enough customers for them. 

Soi Yamato looked lively last night caffs, hotels and the like open. Best lit Soi in town. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Am I seeing things picking up? Hard Rock and Brighton Grand hotels opened last week, La Ferme restaurant (part of Woodland Hotel) opens 1st July and on Soi 3 A-One and MYTT hotels seem pretty busy. Just a snapshot but I presume places are opening up to meet demand.

16 minutes ago, champers said:

Am I seeing things picking up? Hard Rock and Brighton Grand hotels opened last week, La Ferme restaurant (part of Woodland Hotel) opens 1st July and on Soi 3 A-One and MYTT hotels seem pretty busy. Just a snapshot but I presume places are opening up to meet demand.

I'm not sure about that, certainly a lot more girls around with the massage shops open. Maybe farang are still trickling back

3 hours ago, champers said:

Maybe in preparation for the great Thailand sandbox grand opening.  ???? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Maybe in preparation for the great Thailand sandbox grand opening.  ???? 

Long weekend in a week.

If foreign tourists are free to visit anywhere in Thailand after 14 days in Phuket, who is to say they will not come to Pattaya. If coming direct to Pattaya now it is 14 days stuck in an ASQ hotel, go to Phuket for 2 weeks instead and you can go anywhere on the island during that time. 

Covid could put the kibosh on it all, of course.

1 minute ago, champers said:

Long weekend in a week.

If foreign tourists are free to visit anywhere in Thailand after 14 days in Phuket, who is to say they will not come to Pattaya. If coming direct to Pattaya now it is 14 days stuck in an ASQ hotel, go to Phuket for 2 weeks instead and you can go anywhere on the island during that time. 

Interesting if a tourist should catch covid just before the 14 days on Phuket, and then go to Pattaya, given bars are open at that time, yet Pattaya expats have not yet been vaccinated.  

Pattaya expats will be sitting ducks. 

Alas, maybe some expats have to die, in order for their plight to make the global news, so the Thai's will take some action.  

We are all along for the ride now.  

12 hours ago, champers said:

Heaven knows where the optimism is stemming from, new infection numbers isn't behind it. Likely just the fact vaccinations are occurring in Bangkok and people will travel from there.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Heaven knows where the optimism is stemming from, new infection numbers isn't behind it. Likely just the fact vaccinations are occurring in Bangkok and people will travel from there.

I was walking down beach road Pattaya yesterday and it seemed that a few of the shut down bars appeared to be having furniture delivered or having maintenance work done on then.

I think, either out of  naivety or sheer desperation, some people are believing the figures being quoted by TAT for the Phuket sandbox, and are banking on some of those 100,000 heading to Pattaya after their 14 days are up.

I'd say this is jumping the gun somewhat considering there's no confirmation that they'll even be allowed to open any time soon...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The Czar has said he will open up.

New infections and deaths will decrease not be reported any more, to make it happen

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:44 PM, champers said:

Long weekend in a week.

The long weekend is in a week, as you say, so how will any of the sandbox tourists be able to come to Pattaya, as that only start end of the week?

23 minutes ago, Susco said:

The long weekend is in a week, as you say, so how will any of the sandbox tourists be able to come to Pattaya, as that only start end of the week?

I was saying the long weekend is why hotels and restaurants have re-opened. Clearly their customers will be those already residing in Thailand, be it from Bangkok or other places but not Phuket. Tourists from the Phuket sandbox may come a fortnight later.

Sorry if my prior post confused you.

16 hours ago, Susco said:

The Czar has said he will open up.

New infections and deaths will decrease not be reported any more, to make it happen

The Czar said he will open up but unfortunately the Czar doesn't control the borders of the countries where all the walking ATM's come from. By the way when the farangs do arrive in Thailand will they need to go through a thorough cleansing process. because they are very dirty people as quoted by a senior Thai MP who is no better than a poo house prophet.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, champers said:

I was saying the long weekend is why hotels and restaurants have re-opened. Clearly their customers will be those already residing in Thailand, be it from Bangkok or other places but not Phuket. Tourists from the Phuket sandbox may come a fortnight later.

Sorry if my prior post confused you.

A long weekend allowing travel for domestic tourists, when there are 4000 new cases a day in the country, even with bars closed, is just crazy.

19 minutes ago, Leaver said:

A long weekend allowing travel for domestic tourists, when there are 4000 new cases a day in the country, even with bars closed, is just crazy.

Covid: the gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha 1

I can only think that these businesses are ravaged  I believe the Thai government will learn that it is fairly easy to destroy businesses and tourism and substantially more difficult to bring it back.  

Businesses particularly those that are tourism oriented respond to demand.  If there are tourists businesses which include restaurants, attractions, bars, etc open to service them.  Without tourists there is no reason to throw even more good money away assuming they have any left.  Now it becomes a chicken and egg situation.  If I am a tourist why come to Thailand if a substantial portion of the tourist related activities are no longer operating and conversely why should those activities revive themselves until there are tourist to support their business.   This takes years not months. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

I can only think that these businesses are ravaged  I believe the Thai government will learn that it is fairly easy to destroy businesses and tourism and substantially more difficult to bring it back.  

Businesses particularly those that are tourism oriented respond to demand.  If there are tourists businesses which include restaurants, attractions, bars, etc open to service them.  Without tourists there is no reason to throw even more good money away assuming they have any left.  Now it becomes a chicken and egg situation.  If I am a tourist why come to Thailand if a substantial portion of the tourist related activities are no longer operating and conversely why should those activities revive themselves until there are tourist to support their business.   This takes years not months. 

I concur.

Even the mongers will be faced with a similar decision of when to travel here. 

The girls will come back when there's enough mongers and bars.  The mongers will come back when there's enough girls and bars. 

It will take some time after borders are open for market forces to balance.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

I concur.

Even the mongers will be faced with a similar decision of when to travel here. 

The girls will come back when there's enough mongers and bars.  The mongers will come back when there's enough girls and bars. 

It will take some time after borders are open for market forces to balance.   

Talking of girls, one of my thaifriendly girls I have on Line says she's really sick, sounds like Covid, i dodged a bullet there not getting her over, maybe time to stop seeing them as covid is getting worse

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Talking of girls, one of my thaifriendly girls I have on Line says she's really sick, sounds like Covid, i dodged a bullet there not getting her over, maybe time to stop seeing them as covid is getting worse

It only takes one infected customer, same can be said of the MPs which seem to be open for business as usual.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 6:10 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Might be time to have a live in for a couple of months.  

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, treetops said:

Chunky Monkey being replaced by The Sports Lounge (Bar, Music, Restaurant).

Any sports?  ????  

With the closure of Retox, there will be a demand for a sports bar in the future.  

Edited by Leaver