How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

6 hours ago, lmxcredt said:

Vaccination has ended the problem in the UK. The hospitals are fine and everything is wide open. I can throw down beers in bars and clubs across the country any day, any time. I can meet any number of people, go to festivals, travel to any country that will take me. Am currently in the UK and covid is in the rear view mirror whatever the media might tell you.

So the UK has been open a week or two and it's all over.

Summer always has less flu infections, wait until November and it'll all be back again.

130,000 deaths in the UK Vs 5,000 deaths in Thailand.

Yep, everything is great in the UK.

Edited by BritManToo

In Issan there's not your average bars like Pattaya or Bangkok.  There are some.

However they have these converted barns and houses a little set back from the road.  You know there open when you see all the Christmas lights strategically placed to get your attention.

There full of young Ladies, mostly Lao, Burmese,Cambodian singing Karaoke style music and serving drinks.

If I wasn't married Id probably stop by one of these places.  Some are quite eleborate with swimming pools and adjoining 3 star hotel rooms.

Business is thriving and these gals actually spend the money within the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, shdmn said:

UK just got past a huge spike though.   Not sure why with most people vaccinated. 

AGAIN, I'll make the point....... It was a spike in "Infected people" NOT "cases".

And...in UK testing is still increasing - even in shopping centres, you can just walk in, or go to a pharmacy and collect a box of 7 tests for free.

So the spike is not only to be expected but doesn't really matter as the people involved are, mainly, asymptomatic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VBF said:

AGAIN, I'll make the point....... It was a spike in "Infected people" NOT "cases".

And...in UK testing is still increasing - even in shopping centres, you can just walk in, or go to a pharmacy and collect a box of 7 tests for free.

So the spike is not only to be expected but doesn't really matter as the people involved are, mainly, asymptomatic.

Doesn't matter if it is asymptomatic.  That was still a spike in new cases and it's the same reporting as all other countries.   The increase in testing does NOT account for the spike, which has since gone down even though testing has not.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So the UK has been open a week or two and it's all over.

Summer always has less flu infections, wait until November and it'll all be back again.

Yep, everything is great in the UK.

Its definitely gotten better in the UK and the USA.  Anti vaxers are the problem now.

I think Thailand is in for a rough ride unfortunately.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, everything is great in the UK

Pretty naïve really, with the UK having reached 73% fully vaccinated (with well regarded vaccine) and daily deaths under 100 for the last few  days, Thailand is only at 5% and using a vaccine of  concerning efficacy,   and deaths well over 100 and rising. It is more about where we are now, not where we have been. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Pretty naïve really, with the UK having reached 73% fully vaccinated (with well regarded vaccine) and daily deaths under 100 for the last few  days, Thailand is only at 5% and using a vaccine of  concerning efficacy,   and deaths well over 100 and rising. It is more about where we are now, not where we have been. 

What is probably even more important is where we are going... One's for sure, not to the bar...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

What is probably even more important is where we are going... One's for sure, not to the bar...

Not for a while yet.... I expect it will be after having had 2 vacs and so far nothing!

19 hours ago, shdmn said:

Doesn't matter if it is asymptomatic.  That was still a spike in new cases and it's the same reporting as all other countries.   The increase in testing does NOT account for the spike, which has since gone down even though testing has not.

I disagree.

I think the more you test, the more people you will find who are infected and asymptomatic and who wouldn't have known (or even cared?) if they hadn't been tested. And eventually it will plateau where most of the population is vaccinated. However this is :offtopic2: for this thread. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of a buzz around Pattaya today with everything opening up, roads busier, Big C Extra very busy, Buakhao busier, it's looking good.

Ah and the soi Buakhao Tuesday Friday market has moved across the road, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere

Edited by scubascuba3

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A bit of a buzz around Pattaya today with everything opening up, roads busier, Big C Extra very busy, Buakhao busier, it's looking good

It might have a little be to do with the fact that it is the beginning of the month and the people just got money. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

It might have a little be to do with the fact that it is the beginning of the month and the people just got money. 

Perhaps, big C Extra for example the food court is open and all the support small shops so people now think it's worthwhile going there, Massive difference to last week

16 hours ago, champers said:

Aiyara Palace Hotel in Naklua has 5 coaches parked outside this morning, from Ubon it seems. Many Thais are keen to get some sand between their toes.

Could we perhaps get them to bring it back to where it should be and drop it off there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

T21 food court is busy, no view anymore

Kinda wonder why the carpark was not built at the same time T21 was built. Was the need for parking not envisaged or simply not thought about? Was it not considered as part of the panning permission? 

Monumental blunder?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Kinda wonder why the carpark was not built at the same time T21 was built. Was the need for parking not envisaged or simply not thought about? Was it not considered as part of the panning permission? 

Monumental blunder?

Maybe they didn't expect customers???? ????????????

On 9/10/2021 at 6:55 AM, jacko45k said:

Monumental blunder?

T21 have plenty car parking space of their own.  This is an outside (council I think) initiative to provide more off-street parking for Joe Public.

1 minute ago, treetops said:

T21 have plenty car parking space of their own.  This is an outside (council I think) initiative to provide more off-street parking for Joe Public.

Having to access T21 from the roads to get to a public car park does not strike me as a great idea.... that area is now a bottleneck. 

• Like 1