How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

i reckon an accident, maybe a fatality, otherwise why the over reaction and close parking areas

No, I saw the same Sunday. For a long time they have been trying to deter the random motorcycle parking on the ramp at the front and round to the car park. Maybe someone got hit.... walking  from entrance to bike and back has always been a bit dodgy.. some drive a bit fast there, especially at weekends with the ignorant Bangkok drivers around. Plus people dropping off and picking up at the front.

Bloody pain in the <deleted> as parking a M/C in the main car park is hassle.. we are all used to parking bikes pretty randomly living here. 

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/the-future-of-pattayas-walking-street-is-high-walls-and-security-patrols-374503

Who's right here?

Not the first article by Barry Kenyon, that states that Walking Street is to be bulldozed.

Yet, Adam Judd of the Pattaya News, who i would think is the part owner of both publications, says this is nonsense and it will be business as usual for Walking Street.

I also noted that Adam Judd said it was people outside Thailand spreading the rumours about the end of Walking Street.

It's not, it's in his sister publication.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/the-future-of-pattayas-walking-street-is-high-walls-and-security-patrols-374503

Who's right here?

Not the first article by Barry Kenyon, that states that Walking Street is to be bulldozed.

Yet, Adam Judd of the Pattaya News, who i would think is the part owner of both publications, says this is nonsense and it will be business as usual for Walking Street.

I also noted that Adam Judd said it was people outside Thailand spreading the rumours about the end of Walking Street.

It's not, it's in his sister publication.

Brian Flowers did a YouTube interview with Mr Egg from Le Pub a few days ago, this came up and it's mainly business as usual on Walking St, them two and AJ seem aligned. No idea who that other guy is

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Brian Flowers did a YouTube interview with Mr Egg from Le Pub a few days ago, this came up and it's mainly business as usual on Walking St, them two and AJ seem aligned. No idea who that other guy is

Come on @TaaSaparot i know you haven't been to Pattaya for a decade or two but you've got your finger on the pulse, what's going to happen with Walking st?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Come on @TaaSaparot i know you haven't been to Pattaya for a decade or two but you've got your finger on the pulse, what's going to happen with Walking st?

Just found it funny that you don't know who Barry Kenyon is, and that @Cherrytreeview thinks the Pattaya News and the Pattaya Mail are aligned.

You want my views?, you know where to find me.

4 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Just found it funny that you don't know who Barry Kenyon is, and that @Cherrytreeview thinks the Pattaya News and the Pattaya Mail are aligned.

You want my views?, you know where to find me.

no idea where to find you, why would I know that.

Minor news...... Krungsri Soi Buakhao is closing 27 November, accounts moving to Big C Extra Klang

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

If you want to know the future you need to also look at the present and the past......Look at Khao San road.......The powers that be hated that place......But they could not very well block the streets off and let it die.....So they did the next best thing, they sanitized and neutered the place, and totally killed the freewheeling vibe.....Sure there are a few street bars still there but just a few.....

My guess for Walking Street is that it will also be sanitized and neutered, and there will also be a few bars left for old times sake...

i agree they killed Khao San road but by accident, they should of left it alone, same with Walking st. I predict Walking St will be similar to before covid but will take longer to get back to full force, that's the agogos, the bars I'm not sure, it's a dying trade

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i agree they killed Khao San road but by accident, they should of left it alone, same with Walking st. I predict Walking St will be similar to before covid but will take longer to get back to full force, that's the agogos, the bars I'm not sure, it's a dying trade

Its hard to predict walking streets future, but in the 3 or 4 drawings I have seen of what a make-over might look like, the drawings had a sterilized Singaporean look to them.....So its clear this is the direction they want to head towards.....

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2021 at 7:10 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not so sure what happens to Walking Street will matter too much in the future.

Due to cheaper rents, the centre of the adult nightlife will be LK Metro, Soi Baukhao and Tree Town, particularly as nightclubs are now being built in this area.  

Mr. Egg will get some of his Youtube followers as customers, but as for western tourists, not to mention Walking Street's reputation for high prices and being a tourist trap, I don't think mongers, new and experienced, will be heading to Walking Street in the future.  This was happening pre covid as well.

Also, once the girls, particularly the pretty ones, follow the money to other areas, or even freelance online, Walking Street will struggle for "talent."

Bulldozed or not, it may not matter anyway, as western tourists / mongers shy away from Walking Street.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, redwood1 said:

Its hard to predict walking streets future, but in the 3 or 4 drawings I have seen of what a make-over might look like, the drawings had a sterilized Singaporean look to them.....So its clear this is the direction they want to head towards.....

I doubt it will matter too much what happens to Walking Street in the future, as all the adult night life gravitates to LK Metro, Soi Baukhao and Tree Town.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seen a couple of hotels re-open this week. Nova Park Hotel on top of Jamesons pub is open from this week. Also two identical hotels in Naklua, near the beach, have customers tonight for the first time in months. Anyone else seen similar?

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just watched Mister Egg le Pub video on YouTube, he says Electric Blue agogo has moved above Dollhouse (where XXX was), good news. Pinup, Baccara, Sensations, Sapphire all opening ASAP, so it would seem walking st isn't dead ????

Apparently something in the pipeline.....

EB was of course joined to his Beavers Place, so is that  simply expanding or gone?

On 10/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, champers said:

Seen a couple of hotels re-open this week. Nova Park Hotel on top of Jamesons pub is open from this week. Also two identical hotels in Naklua, near the beach, have customers tonight for the first time in months. Anyone else seen similar?

Is Jamesons open then.? 

On 11/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Just watched Mister Egg le Pub video on YouTube, he says Electric Blue agogo has moved above Dollhouse (where XXX was), good news. Pinup, Baccara, Sensations, Sapphire all opening ASAP, so it would seem walking st isn't dead ????

It will be interesting to see if the majority of the first mongers back to Pattaya will head to Walking Street, or LK Metro.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, champers said:

I have it on good authority that a big influx of Russian visitors will be arriving in Pattaya from the 20th of this month onwards. A big beach front hotel has taken a lot of Russian bookings. 

I just saw 4 indians negotiating outside a massage shop, it's started. Buakhao is now too busy, even on a motorbike it's difficult to get to other end

Edited by scubascuba3