How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

like where? Places like McDonald's, Burger King, Starbucks, Pizza Hut have closed, they are all over priced and paying the consequences

Agree except for Burger King......They run specials very often ( like all the time)....Whoppers for 99 baht is not a bad deal at all.....

Starbucks coffee is WAY overpriced so no surprise there......I have not seen any Amazon coffee close.....Not one.....

12 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Things won't reopen in any real degree until most people have been vaccinated, which will be at least early 2022. So get ready for a quiet 6 months.

Great, the homeless population should be about half of Pattaya by then,and the rest should be just about bankrupt.....

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Haven,t been to Soi Buchow then.?

The Soi Bukow Amazon was open till a few days ago.....It's only a temporary closure....I was going there pretty often....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The Soi Bukow Amazon was open till a few days ago.....It's only a temporary closure....I was going there pretty often....

Temp till the covid blows away. I never liked it, too cramped even outside.

13 hours ago, Olmate said:

Two more 7/11 Family Mart closed in central Pattaya ,one Klang Soi 10 near temple and other 3rd  Road back of BIg C X,both seemed busy to me?

Maybe not as busy as they have to be in order to pay the bills.  

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Maybe not as busy as they have to be in order to pay the bills.  

Fully stocked shelves ,plenty of staff,present well and always customers ...fully open one day,shuttered the next. Who knows!

8 hours ago, Olmate said:

Fully stocked shelves ,plenty of staff,present well and always customers ...fully open one day,shuttered the next. Who knows!

The owner may have had more than one 7/11 or Family Mart shops, and was possibly overleveraged.  The other shop/s hit the wall, he could lose the lot of them.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, redwood1 said:

Agree except for Burger King......They run specials very often ( like all the time)....Whoppers for 99 baht is not a bad deal at all.....

Starbucks coffee is WAY overpriced so no surprise there......I have not seen any Amazon coffee close.....Not one.....

Amazon is owned by PTT, the national oil company. Coffee shops are still allowed to open and Amazon are doing take away only. 

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Chunky Monkey replacement is another sports bar, signs up

Sports Bars is another area that I did not think was doing well even pre Covid.... unless they are getting ready for the World Cup. Always think of that empty one on Soi Diamond that replaced a couple of GGBs. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sports Bars is another area that I did not think was doing well even pre Covid.... unless they are getting ready for the World Cup. Always think of that empty one on Soi Diamond that replaced a couple of GGBs. 

Yeah that one with a glass front and the bald owner always sitting in the window on his own

On 7/24/2021 at 10:38 AM, Olmate said:

Haven,t been to Soi Buchow then.?

I think the one at The Avenue is closed too. The one on Soi Buakhao, whereabouts is it.? Never seen it. 

Also trying to see how many spellings of Buakhao can be got into one thread. ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rott said:

I think the one at The Avenue is closed too. The one on Soi Buakhao, whereabouts is it.? Never seen it. 

Also trying to see how many spellings of Buakhao can be got into one thread. ????

Next to the Bua Khao market going toward Klang past Tree Town on the left.

It is small inside but pretty busy lots of girls live around it and go there after they wake up around 1 pm.   Good people watching spot.

It was closed the other day, but I bet just temporary.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 8:13 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Amazon is owned by PTT, the national oil company. Coffee shops are still allowed to open and Amazon are doing take away only. 

They were initially only allowed to open their shops at service/gas/petrol stations so as not to pinch business from small independant coffee shops. That rule didn't last long (Why? Answers on a postcard) and now they are everywhere.

45 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Next to the Bua Khao market going toward Klang past Tree Town on the left.

It is small inside but pretty busy lots of girls live around it and go there after they wake up around 1 pm.   Good people watching spot.

It was closed the other day, but I bet just temporary.

Had a covid case there last week or two back.Not surprising the number of loud talking customers out front! 

• Haha 2

On 7/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, Henryford said:

Things won't reopen in any real degree until most people have been vaccinated, which will be at least early 2022. So get ready for a quiet 6 months.

Do people still believe this myth : "Vaccination will end the problem" ? Seriously ?

Look at Israel, the UK. Massive vaccination and what is happening ?

The same circus : "new cases" blabla.... and old/sick people still dying in hospitals (less for the moment compared to last winter, but still).

What do you think will happen in Europe next october/november, when people get sick (winter) and go to hospital... ?

You'll see the same BS on TV : coviapocalypse. Lockdown. NHS "on the brink of collapse", because yes every winter hostpitals are full, with or without Covid, etc.

It's obvious that this path (vaccination)  is not enough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

Do people still believe this myth : "Vaccination will end the problem" ? Seriously ?

Vaccination will end the high death rate.

7 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

Vaccinated people are becoming infected.  This was to be expected. We will all catch covid over the next few years.

7 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

The same circus : "new cases" blabla.... and old/sick people still dying in hospitals (less for the moment compared to last winter, but still).

The vaccine/s are not 100% effective.  Vaccinated people will still be dying for years to come.  This was also expected.

9 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

It's all humanity can come up with, at this stage.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cclub75 said:

What do you think will happen in Europe next october/november, when people get sick (winter) and go to hospital... ?

You'll see the same BS on TV : coviapocalypse. Lockdown. NHS "on the brink of collapse", because yes every winter hostpitals are full, with or without Covid, etc.

Vaccination has ended the problem in the UK. The hospitals are fine and everything is wide open. I can throw down beers in bars and clubs across the country any day, any time. I can meet any number of people, go to festivals, travel to any country that will take me. Am currently in the UK and covid is in the rear view mirror whatever the media might tell you.

Not rubbing it in, just saying once Thailand gets to a similarly high vaccination threshold it can do the same.

Without vaccines the UK would be locked down right now with hospitals overflowing. With vaccines, we are 99% free to do whatever we want (bar wearing masks in a few places still).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lmxcredt said:

Vaccination has ended the problem in the UK. The hospitals are fine and everything is wide open. I can throw down beers in bars and clubs across the country any day, any time. I can meet any number of people, go to festivals, travel to any country that will take me. Am currently in the UK and covid is in the rear view mirror whatever the media might tell you.

Not rubbing it in, just saying once Thailand gets to a similarly high vaccination threshold it can do the same.

Without vaccines the UK would be locked down right now with hospitals overflowing. With vaccines, we are 99% free to do whatever we want (bar wearing masks in a few places still).

UK just got past a huge spike though.   Not sure why with most people vaccinated. 

Edited by shdmn

9 hours ago, cclub75 said:

We all have opinions... but looking at the UK one can see vaccinations is doing some good. The end result will likely be a small resulting issue, where lockdowns, and restrictions are gone, perhaps a residual mask wearing by those concerned and in crowded public places, But a tolerance of a low level of Covid endemic in society, that hardly ever kills people, as they are well protected by a latest generation of vaccines. 

It's that or a new strain that brings population levels down... but I expect science will handle that.

Problem is our rat like overcrowded and over populated living situations.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2