How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

On 9/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, jacko45k said:

Kinda wonder why the carpark was not built at the same time T21 was built. Was the need for parking not envisaged or simply not thought about? Was it not considered as part of the panning permission? 

Monumental blunder?

This is not a car park for T21 customers.  This carpark is for residents of Pattaya to park their vehicles in when it floods.  This carpark is part of City Hall's flood mitigation and evacuation plan.  ????

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, jacko45k said:

Kinda wonder why the carpark was not built at the same time T21 was built. Was the need for parking not envisaged or simply not thought about? Was it not considered as part of the panning permission? 

Monumental blunder?

There is an existing multi-storey car park, accessible from Soi Potisan. The new car park is extra. 

8 hours ago, champers said:

There is an existing multi-storey car park, accessible from Soi Potisan. The new car park is extra. 

Well 'extra' is a nice word.... do you mean spare capacity that will mostly not be required, or the original under capacity that was built in? I suspect the latter recalling how jammed up the area was  especially at holiday weekends or when there were events in town. I seriously have not seen the new building yet, I started avoiding Nua when T21 turned the area into a traffic jam, and Covid cancelled Expats Club. But I suspect a multi-storey car park has detracted from its looks. I recall when T21 opened, they had already decided not to allow bikes to go into the car park, and getting parked up was an absolute fiasco. 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well 'extra' is a nice word.... do you mean spare capacity that will mostly not be required, or the original under capacity that was built in? I suspect the latter recalling how jammed up the area was  especially at holiday weekends or when there were events in town. I seriously have not seen the new building yet, I started avoiding Nua when T21 turned the area into a traffic jam, and Covid cancelled Expats Club. But I suspect a multi-storey car park has detracted from its looks. I recall when T21 opened, they had already decided not to allow bikes to go into the car park, and getting parked up was an absolute fiasco. 

It seems they under-estimated parking capacity so are putting that right. It is nearing completion and is not a pretty structure but still looks better than what was there before T21 was ever built.

I think anyone that was around when they held that last fireworks festival when there wasn't even any foreign tourists around saw the parking capacity problem for the increased popularity of events along/on the revamped beach area. Great time to crack on and get some additional capacity sorted while it causes next to no disruption in the current climate. Pity the same couldn't be said about Beach Road where it almost seems inevitable that another disruptive construction project will commence just in time to greet the return of visiting tourists and give the impression of a never ending crappy building site rather than a relaxed attractive beach.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes, it's certainly sizing up to be the no.1 area post covid. I wonder if LK Metro will diminish. Walking St and the agogod will take some time to get going

The financial stress of covid aside, there must be some nervous gogo owners on Walking Street, as they see the rise and rise of similar businesses, in a nearby location, that can offer the same "entertainment" but at a cheaper price.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

The financial stress of covid aside, there must be some nervous gogo owners on Walking Street, as they see the rise and rise of similar businesses, in a nearby location, that can offer the same "entertainment" but at a cheaper price.  

Yes, same as LK Metro, cheaper rent at Treetown, but i can only see Walking St being no.1 for agogos, LK were always second class and Treetown probably have none

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

And also officials claiming that Walking Street will never open again and licenses will not be extended. 

6 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. I reckon Walking St agogos start opening up like they did a few months ago.  Mister Egg in one of his recent videos said the licencing problem was exaggerated and only applies to a couple of places. Time will tell but conspiracy theories about the businesses on the sea side being illegal have been around for years

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

but conspiracy theories about the businesses on the sea side being illegal have been around for years

Do you mean those buildings built at the seaside in public domain?

I wouldn't say those are fake news: they really are.

But I reckon than talking about demolishing those buildings, just because they are built in public domain, could be fake news: TIT.

14 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Do you mean those buildings built at the seaside in public domain?

I wouldn't say those are fake news: they really are.

But I reckon than talking about demolishing those buildings, just because they are built in public domain, could be fake news: TIT.

the stories about the building encroaching into the sea have been around for years, why would it change now? I can't see it changing, walking st looks grim now, but it will bounce back ok

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes, same as LK Metro, cheaper rent at Treetown, but i can only see Walking St being no.1 for agogos, LK were always second class and Treetown probably have none

In my opinion, it will depend on who, and with what money they have, will be back to Pattaya after Thailand initially opens up.  

A gogo is only as good as the girls working in it, and the girls go where the money is.  

If Soi Baukaew, LK Metro, and Tree Town, are busy, that's where the girls will go to.  

No point a pretty Thai hooker dancing on a stage in a gogo on Walking Street for base salary, to just a few customers, if another part of Pattaya is busy with customers.     

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. I reckon Walking St agogos start opening up like they did a few months ago.  Mister Egg in one of his recent videos said the licencing problem was exaggerated and only applies to a couple of places. Time will tell but conspiracy theories about the businesses on the sea side being illegal have been around for years

Conspiracy between or amongst who?  The article I read was speculative and quoted a mishmash of laws and regulations but I missed the "conspiracy". Can you connect the dots for me? 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 12:54 PM, scubascuba3 said:

the stories about the building encroaching into the sea have been around for years, why would it change now? I can't see it changing, walking st looks grim now, but it will bounce back ok

The foundations of those buildings are not the best.  Some might have to come down.  I'm sure that will be a phone op for local politicians and police as a stance against corruption, only for them to be rebuild.  ????  

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Adam Judd, Pattaya News editor, on a YouTube video, mocked that story about premises on the seaside of Walking St.  closing.

He said it was farangs abroad talking rubbish, it wasn't, it was Barry Kenyon in the Pattaya Mail, his sister publication, who wrote the article.

And with a totally burnt out disco on the ocean side, and buildings on either side damaged, plus the fact that City Hall have said categorically that operating licences will not be renewed we all wait with bated breath to see who will win, the operator's or City Hall ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Adam Judd, Pattaya News editor, on a YouTube video, mocked that story about premises on the seaside of Walking St.  closing.

He said it was farangs abroad talking rubbish, it wasn't, it was Barry Kenyon in the Pattaya Mail, his sister publication, who wrote the article.

I would trust AJ over the other guy, AJ seems to have his finger on the pulse

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Barry has been known to toss out an odd firecracker and watch the reaction. There are a couple of big players in that group of 101 businesses and that makes me think this unlikely. 

Unless it's replaced with some sort of massive infrastructure tourist project that benefits participants hard to see what money making enterprises would replace its nightlife format, especially given TAT have used it as a major part of it's marketing strategy for Pattaya. I think they should bulldoze it personally, Beach Road's attractiveness get's progressivelly crappier the further South you go.

• Haha 1