How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That nightclub that replaced that Pook bar complex is looking good, will be a success I reckon, by LK Metro

Last night saw lots of girls dressed up going somewhere, maybe hidden away webcam bar places

Very optimistic... it will be a while before it is given the opportunity to even try to be a success. I find it surprising someone will invest in new places during the holocaust Pattaya presently is enduring. I just cannot fathom what they are thinking.... The Pattaya sandbox, or playpen, is dead. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Very optimistic... it will be a while before it is given the opportunity to even try to be a success. I find it surprising someone will invest in new places during the holocaust Pattaya presently is enduring. I just cannot fathom what they are thinking.... The Pattaya sandbox, or playpen, is dead. 

Well I bet they built the club on the cheap and locked in a cheap lease....So a gambol yes.....But it could also be a big payday, Especially if the Walking Street disaster does not recover.......If Walking Street does recover then it could still be a ok investment.....If the covid insanity does not stop well then its money down the toilet... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Looking at the nightclub, it looks good quality, not the usual potless farang opening a bar, it's on Buakhao, by LK Metro, great location, I'm telling you now it will be a success....when it opens up properly again

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Looking at the nightclub, it looks good quality, not the usual potless farang opening a bar, it's on Buakhao, by LK Metro, great location, I'm telling you now it will be a success....when it opens up properly again

I don't think it'll be opening anytime soon, if anything more places are likely to be shuttered as it looks more likely that a more stringent lockdown will be enforced because people are ignoring requested lockdown procedures, Chonburi is now a deep red zone so it appears that fines for violations can be handed out.

I was watching channel 3 news this morning and people in every area of Thailand are ignoring curfews and bar and & restaurant closing rules, from Bangkok, Chiang mai, to the deep south & all points inbetween, hence the numbers get worse and the icing on the cake ? No vaccine's ????????????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't think it'll be opening anytime soon, if anything more places are likely to be shuttered as it looks more likely that a more stringent lockdown will be enforced because people are ignoring requested lockdown procedures, Chonburi is now a deep red zone so it appears that fines for violations can be handed out.

I was watching channel 3 news this morning and people in every area of Thailand are ignoring curfews and bar and & restaurant closing rules, from Bangkok, Chiang mai, to the deep south & all points inbetween, hence the numbers get worse and the icing on the cake ? No vaccine's ????????????

The problem is there were lockdowns and mask wearing last year in Pattaya when there was no need for it, people are tired of it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The farang was surely potless after opening the bar

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I will be interested to see what impact it has on surrounding bars and accommodation, mainly in relation to the loud music.   

On 6/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, champers said:

If foreign tourists are free to visit anywhere in Thailand after 14 days in Phuket, who is to say they will not come to Pattaya.

If coming direct to Pattaya now it is 14 days stuck in an ASQ hotel, go to Phuket for 2 weeks instead and you can go anywhere on the island during that time.

Those are exactly my plans: 2 weeks enjoying Phuket and then going to Pattaya. 

I'm sure that since August there will be many more tourists back in Pattaya. 

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I find it surprising someone will invest in new places during the holocaust Pattaya presently is enduring.

It's happening in many places all over town.  Lots of places being refurbished or new places popping up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, treetops said:

It's happening in many places all over town.  Lots of places being refurbished or new places popping up.

Lots of places doing a refurb, at the same time lots of places closing their doors. 

Time will tell who made the right decision.

I am quite sure those that walked away early 2020 are happy they did.  Some may even buy back in late 2022, for a cheaper price, and at a better location.

Those that remained threw good money at nothing, and will continue to do so until their next key money and / or lease is due.  They will not even be able to make up their losses within the future new lease period, even if they can afford to stay in the game.  

Call it pride, call it over investment, call it ego, call it an expensive hobby, call it what you will, but there's even tougher times ahead for those who have made it this far.   

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Currently there are no customers, and not likely to be any for some time. They will have to sit on an empty expensive place paying rent and expenses with zero income. I also wonder about the concept of 'nightclubs' in that area.....The Disco Club... on LK Metro itself, in pre-Covid times, was struggling. Anyhow, I will take a look.... perhaps that food market on the old Excite land area will change the whole demographics of the area........hardly. 

8 hours ago, treetops said:

I recall that happening  in 2020 too.  Surely more are falling into ruin with the 'For Rent' signs on them though. How can a businessman maintain a closed venue in what has always been an environment of rip-off rents and leases? One surely cannot allow oneself to fall into deep debt. 

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I recall that happening  in 2020 too.  Surely more are falling into ruin with the 'For Rent' signs on them though. How can a businessman maintain a closed venue in what has always been an environment of rip-off rents and leases? One surely cannot allow oneself to fall into deep debt. 

It's strange to have a nice new shiny establishments surrounded by such economic devastation.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Quiet in town with all the closures, i bet at least a month or two of this

Only till Sept 1st. I wonder how many have finished their sandbox time in Phuket and made their way to Pattaya.

Hua Hin sounds a better bet at the moment. Never thought I would say that.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 11:26 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Quiet in town with all the closures, i bet at least a month or two of this

Looking more like two months rather than one month, even with the current restrictions.  

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes, Thai people think it's 2 weeks only, i remind them of last year when they were told they'd reopen 1 April

Just too many new cases each day.  They have let it slip out of control.  Anything is possible now.  It could be a long protracted lock down, despite their vaccination program being rolled out.  

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Just too many new cases each day.  They have let it slip out of control.  Anything is possible now.  It could be a long protracted lock down, despite their vaccination program being rolled out.  

Two more 7/11 Family Mart closed in central Pattaya ,one Klang Soi 10 near temple and other 3rd  Road back of BIg C X,both seemed busy to me?

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes, Thai people think it's 2 weeks only, i remind them of last year when they were told they'd reopen 1 April

Restaurant I use claimed they were reopening the beginning of August as they closed last week..... heaven knows what gave them that idea. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Restaurant I use claimed they were reopening the beginning of August as they closed last week..... heaven knows what gave them that idea. 

Well the original lockdown was going to be for only 2 weeks to flatten the curve....And here we are 18 months later.....

1 hour ago, sucit said:

Utter ruin. The reason these places exist still is they made so much money pre covid they can just draw from the til. 

like where? Places like McDonald's, Burger King, Starbucks, Pizza Hut have closed, they are all over priced and paying the consequences