How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I went to Beach House, looks like a great bar, I was very nicely surprised they have about 30 women for the 10 custoners and they also have a pool bar which reminded me of black pearl ????

Unfortunately, 3 times on my bill I had wrong drinks.  First time I had San Miguel light and tiger light added when I only drank Singha,  next time I jumped from 5 to 7 Singha lights with one drink, final time I jumped from 8 Singha light to 11 in one bill

I went to Danny the owner just to let him know he has bill problems and he was ready to fight me for telling lies.

check your bill everytime, waitress were excellent and reversed all 3 incorrect bills, manager is in denial and fight mode

Sounds like you had a pleasant session.  ????  

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

OK I'm done. I've been told not to post in a bar thread even though always on topic, I've been told I'm not allowed to say lol as it's childish, I've been accused of being the cause of the trouble even though I'm not, just reporting what I experience, well you win, I'm deleting this <deleted> forum with holier than thou members

Come on don't throw in the towel that easy. People like disagreeing and arguing on this forum

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

No, info correct, Danny was from Walkabout Creek pub, he was real friendly to me early on and he said Walkabout is still open. 

Totally different person when I advised him 3 wrong bar bills and he threatened me as making stuff up lol. I say again, I was correct and bar manager corrected the false bills, Danny on the other hand was ready to fight me to the death lol

You must have bought Danny a "manager drink."  ????  

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I went to Beach House, looks like a great bar, I was very nicely surprised they have about 30 women for the 10 custoners and they also have a pool bar which reminded me of black pearl ????

Unfortunately, 3 times on my bill I had wrong drinks.  First time I had San Miguel light and tiger light added when I only drank Singha,  next time I jumped from 5 to 7 Singha lights with one drink, final time I jumped from 8 Singha light to 11 in one bill

I went to Danny the owner just to let him know he has bill problems and he was ready to fight me for telling lies.

check your bill everytime, waitress were excellent and reversed all 3 incorrect bills, manager is in denial and fight mode

Where is Beach House.? Can't place it. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

OK I'm done. I've been told not to post in a bar thread even though always on topic, I've been told I'm not allowed to say lol as it's childish, I've been accused of being the cause of the trouble even though I'm not, just reporting what I experience, well you win, I'm deleting this <deleted> forum with holier than thou members

Yep, and you are not the only one.

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

very poor when staff deny stuff like that and show no interest in stopping it. I have the same problem at a couple of golf clubs that keep trying to give wrong change

I agree.... I thought such 'incidents' were a thing of the past.. what with Point of Sale billing and such gadgetry. I don't believe in 'genuine mistakes' repeatedly occurring, there is someone up to something. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, petermik said:

Everywhere you drink there seems to be a problem...U folk from down under...troubles your middle name 55555

aaah G,day sport.....

Perhaps he gets about more than the rest of us... and has that well into his cups look. I appreciate all feedback of dodgy practices.... it used to be commonplace. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 6:48 AM, jacko45k said:

I agree.... I thought such 'incidents' were a thing of the past.. what with Point of Sale billing and such gadgetry. I don't believe in 'genuine mistakes' repeatedly occurring, there is someone up to something. 

Only a matter of time before a youtuber films buying a few beers, and the bill coming out for a few more than they ordered.

• Like 2

After a 3 day self imposed ban for reacting to forum posters, I'm really sorry to report that I saw 5 mosquito in a random bar toilet. As everything I report is my fault, I'm now sorry if anyone catches any of the following ???? 

In Thailand, mosquitoes are responsible for spreading dengue fever, Japanese encephalitis, lymphatic filariasis, and malaria

Meanwhile, beach road bars are packed as the Bangkok week-end crowd seem to be visiting, beach road is very busy traffic

Edited by aussiexpat

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

More restaurants are asking for APKs, bit annoying as I've avoided testing so far

Yes that's a real worry. Managed to have a 4 days trip from Buriram to Bangkok last week: Nokair, eaten at Monsoon and Wine Connection, Bumrungrad, embassy, one whore (home delivery), no bars. Zero tests and no one asked me to show my vaccination record. But this may change and remain so at least until Omicron gives us a break.

Edited by Boomer6969

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

You do know anyone can ban my posts right, including you except you're just trolling, is that too complicated for you?

Nobody can 'ban' posts here. Only admin staff can ban posts. You might just have to accept that on a public forum people sometimes disagree and if they have the temerity to disagree  with you that is not necessarily 'trolling'. It's just day to day discourse. However, your comments about mosquitoes and your responsibility for malaria is a bit silly and might be considered trolling but I don't mind your comments. They allow other people to look smart..lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Yes that's a real worry. Manage to have a 4 days trip from Buriram to Bangkok, Nokair, eaten at Monsoon and Wine Connection, Bumrungrad, embassy, one whore (home delivery), no bars. Zero tests and no one asked me to show my vaccination record. But this may change and remain so at least until Omicron gives us a break.

Currently  in Pattaya testing  is very lax. People just carry their own negative tests with them to show if required.

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nobody can 'ban' posts here. Only admin staff can ban posts. You might just have to accept that on a public forum people sometimes disagree and if they have the temerity to disagree  with you that is not necessarily 'trolling'. It's just day to day discourse. However, your comments about mosquitoes and your responsibility for malaria is a bit silly and might be considered trolling but I don't mind your comments. They allow other people to look smart..lol

You go to your account page and you you can ban seeing other members posts.

My mosquito post was exactly that to show how silly people sound when they blamed me for beach house padding my bill 3 times before I finally had enough. Apparently it was all my fault

Edited by aussiexpat

In response to several posts telling me to stop posting here about bars in a bar thread because it's not my personal blog/account, maybe other members should get out more and post as well?

Me personally, when I was locked out for 26 months any news of bar happenings made me happy to know that I could come back soon. Obviously not the "I'm in Thailand so stuff you crowd". 

• Like 1

In other news, two Gogo re-opened in Lk Metro on Friday...not sure if they are now restaurants but definitely up and running with many lady on show ????

My "Destiny" is to "make love me" ????

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Guess you're gutted about things opening up, you were one of the main people that was predicting the death of pattaya - lol.

My understanding is there are no girls actually dancing on stage in these "gogo restaurants."   What would people be actually going there to see? 

Why would anyone be paying gogo alcohol prices without the gogo entertainment? 

Unless, they are just operating like a "restaurant bar" and charging around 75 baht a beer and you can mingle with the girls. 

i don't know, I haven't been into one of the opened up gogo's.  Have you?

I never predicted the death of Pattaya.  Pattaya is not going to disappear, and certain the demand for Pattaya as a sex tourism hot spot is not going away anytime soon, unless the Thai government wants it to.

However, I have said, the traditional lady drink / bar fine business model will put pressure on bars here, mainly due to girls working off apps, which was happening pre covid, and covid has just hastened their use.  The rents bar owners were paying relied on lady drinks and bar fines, so they will struggle in the future.  Do you disagree?  If so, why? 

Have you ever looked at any of these apps, Harry?  

Edited by Leaver

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Meanwhile, beach road bars are packed as the Bangkok week-end crowd seem to be visiting, beach road is very busy traffic

Two days a week does not make a tourism industry.

Go on, tell us, what bar do you have shares in.  ????  

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I never predicted the death of Pattaya.

Good evening.

Well, you did kinda but now the mongering scene is starting to return you're 'welching' - lol

23 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Have you ever looked at any of these apps, Harry?

No, that's not how i roll, i like to go out in the real world.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Well, you did kinda

Nah, I kinda didn't, but continue on with your trolling Harry.  It's entertaining.

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No, that's not how i roll, i like to go out in the real world.

What a contradiction.  

"Online" is the real world now, Harry. 

In any case, as the new generation of tourists / mongers come through, online will only get bigger.  If bars fail to cater for that market, they do so at their own peril.  

The old business model of lady drinks and bar fines is dying.