What if You Can Never leave Thailand?

Pilotman

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Well thats in the hands of thai imm. If you are australian its also not so easy to leave there to return.

Im in a lucky situation in malaysia where my visa expires in feb but its already sorted that i can stay. My friends are now on overstay, cant get flights to oz as they keep bumping.

The world is a mess. Should just make everyone legal for the next 12 months everywhere they are.

yeah a visit home can wait till the covid mess is cleaned up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

I plan to get the Covid vaccine in the UK. Hopefully that may circumnavigate a lot of the requirements to return. Fingers crossed.

Same here! lets hope so, and we can get back to normal

Edited by poohy

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Of course they will, it will follow the same well charted course that happened this year, massive drops in infections during summer months followed by a resurgence in the colder months.

The only thing that's going to shorten the number of years that COVID is a problem is widespread vaccination and that's not going to be widespread enough for quite a while, in some countries they might make a big dent in it by winter 2021, in others it's going to be 2022 and onwards....

I've talked to several people in the UK and all seem desperate for the vaccine. It will have a good uptake. Its predicted that it will be rolled out from early January onwards and I could see a good percentage of the UK population having had the vaccine by Easter.

Different story for the US, a nation of anti vaxer conspiracy theorists. Could be global pariahs by this time next year.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, polpott said:

I plan to get the Covid vaccine in the UK. Hopefully that may circumnavigate a lot of the requirements to return. Fingers crossed.

The Thai PM has already said the quarantine will remain in place for everyone until the Thai population is vaccinated.  That will probably not be for another year or two.  Until then, whether you are vaccinated or not will be meaningless.