Address certificate for driving licence

On 12/8/2020 at 12:59 PM, keithet said:

I need to get a letter from immigration about my address to renew my 5 year driving license in Bangkok. 

What form do I need? Also can I get it at the government complex bldg B.  At Changwatana? Or is it the other location that people go to do their 90day report? 

Same building at MTT. They will send the letter to your home address within 2 weeks. Take that letter together with your passport to the DLT. After you've watched the training movie and passed the physical tests they will issue your new licence. 

I'm getting my residency certificate from Hua Hin immigration late on Friday when I get out of quarantine. Can't get down to Pranburi licensing by 4pm. My 2 year license expires Sunday. Will Monday be OK (1 DAY after expiry) to get my 5 year license?

1 hour ago, snawa said:

I'm getting my residency certificate from Hua Hin immigration late on Friday when I get out of quarantine. Can't get down to Pranburi licensing by 4pm. My 2 year license expires Sunday. Will Monday be OK (1 DAY after expiry) to get my 5 year license?

you have up to 1 year to get new license.

I ALWAYS do mine 1-2 days after it expires, ( 5 year one) as then you get 6 years instead of 5

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 4:21 PM, brianthainess said:

Did mine 3 mth ago with yellow book(rang first to check I could) no med on 5yr to 5yr still had to do all the tests and watch the vid.

That's what I was about to query-- I have to renew my 5 year this month----I have never had a certificate of residency for anything in Thailand--- isn't that what the yellow book is all about? Yes doctor note I have to have (maybe just up here in Issan) it all seems to change  with your location---I am told no more Video, Covid means you can not all be in a small room.

• 6 months later...
On 12/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, ubonjoe said:

A certificate of residency is done at the Muang Thong Thani where 90 day reports are also done now.

I assume you are doing 90 day reports since they are required to apply for the certificate.

You will need this form completed, Application For Certificate Of Residency48.26 kB · 1,247 downloads

This link is no longer working, is there another version of  this document some where?

Thanks,

I use this topic for my little problem. 

I requested a certificate on 2 June, but I have not yet received it.
In addition, the tracking code they gave me does not exist.

Should I wait or go to MTT?