Buying recommendation: Benelli TRK251x vs. RE Himalayan 400

CLW

Hello everyone,

I've narrowed down my preferences to those two models (Benelli TRK251x vs. RE Himalayan 400) for a new / 2nd hand bike purchase.

Asking you guys for any recommendations or experience for people who own / riding those bikes.

Any input is appreciated!

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Given a choice of these 2, I'd probably buy the Versys 300.

Also worth a look. Just found a few good second hand deals.

Any particular reason why you would suggest the Kawa Versys 300?

Very true guzzi..., OP if something really specially tickle your fancy about those bikes, and like the look or handling etc. , go for it... , it's not all doom and gloom, many do buy RE and Benelli bikes.....

I actually love the Benelli Leoncino 500 as oppose to boring CB500F, and might one day lose my senses and buy one...!!! ????

• Like 1

OP, more cc's can't be replaced by anything else. 24 horses is underpowered and riding on a highway with 90, or 100 can be boring.

I agree that the Kawa might be the better option, i do not like RE and their materials they are using.

The Benelli is only good if you can do a lot of stuff by yourself. Getting parts might be a huge problem.

But go for a test ride and decide what's best for you. I ride an 1100 cc Cruiser, others love the rice cooking reng deng deng bikes that do 250 km/h and more.

You are the one who has to like the bike. Read a lot about them and ride them. 

P.S. My apologies for the rant about some sports bikes. I just don't like the handling, how you sit on them and the time consuming repairs. Even a spark plug change can take a long time.

Only to remove the fairing is difficult, these bikes are made to ride them I feel sorry for those who have to fix them. 

But why would I put countless stickers on my bike to make advertisement for all sorts of parts? Some might get the feeling to be a pu magnet, but that's not the case. 

Don't pay for 80 % plastic, buy something that you still like in two years. 

It's similar to girls. Would we all like blondes, there'd be a huge problem. Go for it! 

Edited by teacherclaire

I'm so glad that I asked this question here and somehow reminded me of the Versys 300 again. New it's too expensive for me and the last time I looked for second hand models there were almost none available. In fact, in the past the Kawa was my favourite because it has three important things: Two cylinder engine, more HP and slipper clutch.