Trump and 17 states back Texas bid to undo his election loss at Supreme Court

webfact

1 hour ago, J Town said:

Do jails have golf courses?

Well of course, therein lies a dilemma:

just as somehow overturning the election result would bring very large numbers onto the streets to protest, and probably worse, so putting Mr Trump in prison will also bring a large number onto the streets - and many of these are perhaps partial to using guns!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

just as somehow overturning the election result would bring very large numbers onto the streets to protest, and probably worse, so putting Mr Trump in prison will also bring a large number onto the streets - and many of these are perhaps partial to using guns!

The justice system cannot he held hostage to domestic terrorists (and that's exactly what they are if they try to pull such nonsense).

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Are all 75 million supporters idiots? Is it possible some of the 75m approved of Trump not starting new wars, or approved of his getting minorities off welfare and back to work? Or approved of him finally holding China to account? Or they are just idiots and that's it? Dunno man, seems it could be stereotyping, and could be construed as being a bit inflammatory.

I agree that there are people on both sides that voted for what the considered lesser of two evils. We really don't know what the size of the "I won't believe it until Trump says it" crowd is.

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Interesting that Trump supporters (Republican) own twice as many guns as Biden supporters (Democrats) but I think most would have guessed that to be the case.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My view of their behavior boils down to this:

If Trump’s supporters wish to deny reality, swallow lies and fantasies and in doing so feed their own anger and anxiety, so be it.

Their well being, their choice.

It all comes back to what Joseph Goebbels said (with my alterations):

"“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State Trump can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the Trump to use all of its his powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State. Trump supporters”

• Like 1

Best news I have heard in an age.......

The US Supreme Court has rejected a lawsuit backed by President Donald Trump to overturn Joe Biden's election victory, ending a desperate attempt to get legal issues rejected by state and federal judges before the nation's highest court.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world  

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling image removed
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I hear that the evangelicals plan to appeal the case to Jesus. The Day of Judgement is nigh!

You'll have all the Trump supporters believing that.....and if Jesus turns the appeal down they'll have to go one step higher.....Trump!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J Town said:

The justice system cannot he held hostage to domestic terrorists (and that's exactly what they are if they try to pull such nonsense).

I quite agree, but nonetheless, it is a dilemma, especially since, quite possibly going by their recent antics, there are those within the legislature, as well as the media and the more eccentric religious establishment ( powerful well funded voices) who may support such 'domestic terrorism".

On 12/11/2020 at 4:27 PM, mtraveler said:

Maybe I'm just dreaming, but if the question of the election is decided by the Supreme Court, with 1/3 of the Justices having been selected by Trump, perhaps that will put an end to things.  Knowing that the Supreme Court is the last stop on the line, any and all evidence and proof of fraud would need to be presented at that time.  Maybe the rendering of a decision by the top court in the land will create some finality.  

Like I said, maybe I'm just dreaming...

Unfortunately the SCOTUS did not make a decision, so the situation returns to what it was before ie 70 million + Americans believe the election was stolen, IMO. The SCOTUS refused to address the case, which means no opinion was rendered. Not a good way to begin a presidential term, knowing nearly half the country thinks he didn't win.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Ok, I hear you.  There are lifelong Republicans who voted for Trump.  There are people who held their noses and voted for Trump's policies, if not for the man himself.  They're not idiots...perhaps just misguided.

But now that the election is over and every major government agency have said that there was no widespread fraud, every state has checked and rechecked and certified their counts, every court has thrown out Trump cases for lack of evidence, etc., and yet, some Trump supporters still believe he won.  I'm sorry, but these people are certifiable idiots.

Losing is IMO the best option for Trump, whether he or his supporters realise it at the moment. The next 2 to 4 years are going to be very tough economically and politically. I don't envy anyone that has to deal with corona, huuuuge unemployment, political chaos etc.

Hopefully things will be settled in 4 years and Trump can stand for president again. In the meantime he'll be alerting everyone to every mistake the government makes. Not a happy prospect for Biden, having Trump criticize him every day. Even if twitter closes his account he can start his own on line tv channel. It's not like he'll be short of cash to do that.

????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Texas filed a “reply brief” with the Supreme Court and they got a brief reply. Just 3 sentences of curt, decisive and speedy rejection. Most call this right but not the Trump’s fans here. It must hurt ????.

lets give them some vaseline then 555

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but it wasn't heard, was it? IMO a huuuuuge mistake and will lead to chaos as those that believe the election was stolen resist Biden's government.

The poster that gave that a laugh emoji is familiar with the "resist" tactic, is he not?

Maybe someone can make a few dollars by selling red baseball caps with "RESIST 46" on them. You heard it first here.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately the SCOTUS did not make a decision, so the situation returns to what it was before ie 70 million + Americans believe the election was stolen, IMO. The SCOTUS refused to address the case, which means no opinion was rendered. Not a good way to begin a presidential term, knowing nearly half the country thinks he didn't win.

I suppose it's too much to expect trump world will finally acknowledge their election defeat was lawful. I look forward to the Republican party being decimated in the mid terms for not fulfilling their Oath of office by supporting an individual intent of destroying US and global institutions role of checks and balance and the Rule of Law.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but it wasn't heard, was it? IMO a huuuuuge mistake and will lead to chaos as those that believe the election was stolen resist Biden's government.

There was no evidence presented. Typically, judges will review evidence, before granting a trial. In the 38 cases that have already been tossed, there was not one shred of credible evidence presented. All were tossed out. The Supreme Court has better things to do with their time, and they showed credibility, by tossing this garbage out, even though it is a republican dominated bench, and three of the justices were appointed by Trump. Talk about a statement. Game over, Don. See ya! 

• Like 2